corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » strikes

New Poll
  <<  12    13    14    15    16  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author strikes
Tom G

User status: Offline
30th Nov 11 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Outrage, although we are more than happy to have an extra bank holiday, like last year

Same costs tbh, well actually less as its only some of the public sector. Less than 10% of staff has striked here. considering there is 2000ish
Gary
Premium Member

30th Nov 11 at 16:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
I am totally right about the dole. Doesnt matter how %ood you are at work you could still end up needing it. If on thr chance you do need it then it has to be sufficient...

Should only be allowed 12weeks imo

Sounds good to me.
LeeM

30th Nov 11 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can only sign on for 6 months, then youve got to sign off for 6 months i thought?
Gary
Premium Member

30th Nov 11 at 16:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
you can only sign on for 6 months, then youve got to sign off for 6 months i thought?

There are ways and means around these things.

My uncle has been on the dole for 20 odd years. Lazy cunt.
sxibeast

30th Nov 11 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I hope every fucker who's on strike today gets a days pay deducted.

They do at my place!

They lose the days pay and have the hours deducted (flexi time).

Each person who was/is (i say was, as some gave up before lunch and went into work) will be!

TBH i am grateful to be in a job with cash coming in. We have had roughly 80 people go (our site is very small, most people left through voluntary redundancy). The work has been piled on along with all the new work coming in, but tbh that is how it is, the world keeps turning and people need the work they have requested. I don't moan (not about the work itself, but sometimes about the waste of space that sits next to me), but I get on with it and make the best of the situation.

To quote what someone at work said "i serve whoever is in power of the day, their policies and values; even if I don't agree with them".
Brett
Premium Member

30th Nov 11 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yeah true, but then you just appeal and go for a review and get put back on it again.
corsajay88

30th Nov 11 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In work today, public sector worker. And mean actual work not an office job, had to rush round like crazy and try do the work of 8 blokes. Traffic is a nightmare.

most people have used this as an excuse for a day off and gone shopping. Not one of our lads turned up at the proposed picket line at our depot. Against the strikes or not just shows as country we do not have the guts to stand up together for something we believe is right, although not this when these issues do come up which in the current climate wont be forever, everyones alright jack and who cares im pissed off cos im inconvenienced slightly will cost them
John

30th Nov 11 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doing the work of 8 council blokes must be like doing the work of 1 private sector bloke.
Dave

30th Nov 11 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Council haven't emptied my bins. We're on alternate collections round here, one week general waste one week recycling so it'll be another fortnight before they get picked up. Hope they make the lazy gits work unpaid overtime to catch up on the work they should've done today.
Robbo

30th Nov 11 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
quote:

Yeah true, but then you just appeal and go for a review and get put back on it again.
sound like you know a lot about this brett
Brett
Premium Member

30th Nov 11 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
sound like you know a lot about this brett

Got several mates who've lived for free for years.
mattk

30th Nov 11 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
I am totally right about the dole. Doesnt matter how good you are at work you could still end up needing it

Quite right. Im shit hot at my job and Ive had to go on it twice.
taylorboosh

30th Nov 11 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been on for 2 weeks before
Gary
Premium Member

30th Nov 11 at 17:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Folk on the dole longer than 12wk should be given work to do.

Saw some guys litter picking grass verges today. Should send them half a dozen doley bitches to help them out.
Brett
Premium Member

30th Nov 11 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People moan about the dole, but that ain't even the half of it tbh. Nobody questions crisis loans? You can borrow up to £500 iirc in one shot from the DWP and guess what, they pay themselves back by deducting £5 a week from your dole Mate does it all the time. Get dole on whatever day, ring up same day and say you withdrew all the money then lost it and they'll just give you a cheque same day for the same amount again no questions.

Something does need to be done.

I reckon you'd have to earn at least £13-17k (depending on kids) a year to actually be better off than being unemployed, so it makes sense for single people to scrounge and live for free.

Single person rent - £365
Ctax avg. - £80
Dole - £280/month(ish)

£725, obviously no tax to go from that or anything, totally free! Then lets throw a kid or two into the equation and you're fucking laughing, you'll be looking at another few hundred a month AT LEAST.

So, what do you do with your time? Oh, go to college as an adult learner for free. What about the child? Register your mum as a child carer and the government will then pay her to look after your child

Heaven forbid if you went and registered as ill, maybe said you were feeling a little depressed or something, you'd be looking at extra dole money then to help you cope, not forgetting all prescriptions, dental, etc. will be totally free anyway.

One scam that pisses me off the most is a family member with a different surname buying a house, then sticking another family member in there. Person living there does so for free and the family member who owns it gets their mortgage covered and paid for. Granted that's illegal but I know someone who is doing that right this moment.

The possibilities are endless, but my point is that I can see why people do it, makes sense.

[Edited on 30-11-2011 by Brett]
LeeM

30th Nov 11 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people who strike should have to attend the picket line otherwise the abscence should be treated as unauthorised leave and disciplinary action taken.
Russ

30th Nov 11 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why? last thing i want is 200 cunts getting in the way of patients
Dave

30th Nov 11 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
people who strike should have to attend the picket line otherwise the abscence should be treated as unauthorised leave and disciplinary action taken.
mwg

30th Nov 11 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Doing the work of 8 council blokes must be like doing the work of 1 private sector bloke.

So true. They all need a rocket up their arses.
Steve
Premium Member

30th Nov 11 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot
mwg

30th Nov 11 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need this

inserted up your derriere
LeeM

30th Nov 11 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
why? last thing i want is 200 cunts getting in the way of patients

its a strike, they should protest if they feel strongly about it. otherwise theyre blatantly just having a day off
corsajay88

30th Nov 11 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant win with you moaning bastards anyway, think you need to get off your high horses its called life dont like it do something about. I love my job all i do is sit around drinking tea.
Dave

30th Nov 11 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You had to do the work of 8 men but all you do is sit around drinking tea
Gary
Premium Member

30th Nov 11 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a lot of tea

<<  12    13    14    15    16  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » strikes 22 database queries in 0.0339260 seconds