corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New toyota

New Poll
  <<  12    13    14    15    16    17    18  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New toyota
Ben G

User status: Offline
19th Aug 12 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

??
Corsa_Sport21

19th Aug 12 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by AK
.. its not all about 0-60!

They have made it less grippy (supposedly)... it is rwd....

well it is when the maximum speed limit on uk roads is 70mph i reckon less than 0.5% of the population drive on tracks.

How often do you find yourself stopping dead on a motorway or a b road, then doing 0-60?? Probably never.

In gear speeds is what you should be quoting if thats your logic on the cars performance.
Ben G

19th Aug 12 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plenty of times actually. Every morning when driving to work on the a13, I frequently have to stop as traffic piles up.
Corsa_Sport21

19th Aug 12 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Plenty of times actually. Every morning when driving to work on the a13, I frequently have to stop as traffic piles up.

So then does this traffic just disappear all of a sudden, giving you the chance to go from 0-60 after you have stopped. Or do you just wait until they are a good bit away, plant the foot, then slam on the brakes once you have caught up with them again.
Ben G

19th Aug 12 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it does actually, goes off to dartford via the bridge, opening up the road to dagenham.

boom.
Corsa_Sport21

19th Aug 12 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So it builds up that much that it brings you down to a standstill, then all of a sudden just disappears?? How is that even possible,
Nath

19th Aug 12 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sc0ott

19th Aug 12 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never seen bruce almighty doing 0-60 in his saleen s7 whilst in traffic
Ben G

19th Aug 12 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
So it builds up that much that it brings you down to a standstill, then all of a sudden just disappears?? How is that even possible,

essex mate, anythings possible.
Jambo

19th Aug 12 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Chris Harris likes it, that's good enough for me.
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Aug 12 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

0-60 runs in rush hour traffic

Love it.
SetH

19th Aug 12 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This has been a good topic.

This topic has also had some of the most ridiculous and silly statements ever made on this forum as well.

Still going to watch development/life cycle of this car with interest.
BarnshaW

20th Aug 12 at 07:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i really dont see whats so ridiculous about saying it just needs a bit more power

on another note i saw the advert for this car last night, good advert, looked underpowered in it though.
Nath

20th Aug 12 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
i really dont see whats so ridiculous about saying it just needs a bit more power

on another note i saw the advert for this car last night, good advert, looked underpowered in it though.

Took that bend well though I thought.
Russ

20th Aug 12 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a beautiful car, dont know if i would spend £25k on a new one...

if i had £25k to waste on a car it wouldnt be my first choice, and if i had £25k to waste on a weekend toy it wouldnt be any choice

[Edited on 20-08-2012 by Russ]
Steve
Premium Member

20th Aug 12 at 08:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Evo Magazine

We've driven Toyota's new GT 86 rear-drive sports coupe - and on first impressions, it's brilliant... It makes a Scirocco seem synthetic, an RCZ anaesthetised, a 3-series Coupé over-complicated... A back to basics sportscar that seems to tick every dynamic box.
http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/276016/driven_toyota_gt_86.html

quote:

The Telegraph

The GT 86 is old-school in a way car makers haven't touched for years. A morning on a track with the Hachiroku and you'll remember driving skills you thought you'd long forgotten.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/carreviews/8928331/Toyota-GT-86-review.html

quote:

Top Gear.com

This goes down as the best Toyota I've ever driven, and one of the best driving sports cars of the last decade. It's here in June. You know what to do.
http://www.topgear.com/uk/toyota/gt-86/road-test/driven

quote:

Autoexpress

The new Toyota GT 86 is not just a fun, rear-drive coupe powered by a charismatic boxer engine. This joint venture with Subaru has added a great, fun car to Toyota’s range while injecting some rear-drive spice and variety to Subaru’s AWD line-up. But more so than that, these two cars will make the world stand up and take notice that Japan has not forgotten how to make a great driver’s car that looks the part, and doesn't break the bank in the process.
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/firstdrives/275755/toyota_gt_86.html

quote:

Pistonheads

The GT 86 is the sort of car that restores your faith in the world. It feels fantastically intuitive on the track, with the purity and transparency of an early MX-5 but sharper and lower in inertia. In fact I can't think of another car that has felt this good, this all-involving in years outside the realms of Caterhams and Elises, yet this one has a roof and you can use it for any journey you like. Based on our experience so far, the world's third-biggest car manufacturer has just made possibly the best affordable fun car you can buy.
http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=47&i=24805

quote:

The Independant

Above all, though, it's the purity and simplicity of this car's character that really appeals, and the huge entertainment it offers while also managing to be quiet enough, and supple enough over bumps, to be usable every day. This is how a sports coupé should be. I want one, badly.
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/motoring/road-tests/toyota-gt-86-6284861.html

quote:

Top Gear

How best to describe it as an overall package? Keen. Eager. It’s not puppy-ish in its enthusiasm, it’s a bit more measured than that, but it’s a lot of fun. Easily better to drive than a VW Scirocco; more agile and rewarding than any Audi TT. It may not have the lungs on a Nissan 370Z, but it’s way more dextrous and I can’t think of any hot hatch except possibly the Renaultsport Clio that provides as much satisfaction.
http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/subaru-brz-first-drive-review-2011-12-03

quote:

Evo on the BRZ

On first impressions, the BRZ feels more than capable of taking the fight to rivals like the Audi TT, BMW 1-Coupe and even – power deficit withstanding – the Porsche Cayman.
http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/276025/driven_subaru_brz.html

quote:

Autocar

The driving experience is a match for the likes of a Porsche Cayman, and accolades don’t come much higher than that. That it can’t reach those heights across as broad a range of conditions as the German-built car shouldn’t detract from its overall success, because the fact that it can even get close is a minor miracle.
http://www.toyota.co.uk/bv/CC2/GT86/newsandreviews/images/pdf/Toyota_8pp_B5_v2.pdf

[Edited on 20-08-2012 by Steve]
BarnshaW

20th Aug 12 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well done steve, however anyone can simply go onto google and search GT-86 underpowered and it brings up a million sites saying the same.

no one is doubting it handles well so i am not sure who you are arguing with
adiohead

20th Aug 12 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks slow in those pics
Steve
Premium Member

20th Aug 12 at 09:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
well done steve, however anyone can simply go onto google and search GT-86 underpowered and it brings up a million sites saying the same.

no one is doubting it handles well so i am not sure who you are arguing with

im not arguing with anyone just posting some reviews, they arent my opinions lol
Steve
Premium Member

20th Aug 12 at 09:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with regards to sites saying its underpowered. are these just random people on forums saying it or respected car journalists that have tested it?

if so id genuinely be interest in seeing some links

just about 3 of the millions of links out there will suffice
sc0ott

20th Aug 12 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like it can do 0-60 in start stop traffic.
Corsa_Sport21

20th Aug 12 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
Looks like it can do 0-60 in start stop traffic.

Down in Essex, anything's possible.
BarnshaW

20th Aug 12 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.carthrottle.com/2012-toyota-gt86-review/

"It’ll take continued building to really get the most out of the D-4S (direct injection 4-stroke) engine as the redline sits at a lofty 7,400rpm where you’ll also find peak power. The only want for more shove rears its head once we get stuck behind a lorry finding it difficult to ascend the twisty roads; more torque certainly wouldn’t have gone amiss here."

http://www.autoviva.com/news.php?id=5562

"The four-cylinder engine with a paltry (nowadays) 197bhp has been the focus of some debate and it is true that in certain circumstances – on wide open roads for instance – that you have to work it hard to add significant speed"

http://www.motorvision.com/artikel/perfectly-balanced,15943.html

"Toyota claim that they quite intentionally left turbo power out of the equation. The naturally aspirated two-litre Boxer delivers 200 horsepower (145 kW) and a maximum of 205 Nm of torque… although the racy looks of the GT86 might lead to an anticipation of more power output. The car maker states a time of 7.5 seconds for the classic sprint to a hundred and a top speed of 226 kilometres an hour. Nor are these statistics which can be called sensational… a Volkswagen Golf GTI can easily keep up and indeed do a bit better. The GT86 also needs high revs and calls for plenty of gear shifting to achieve this… the full horsepower of the motor is only available from 7,000 RPM and the maximum torque from 6,400. At 7,400 the limiter cuts in."

Steve
Premium Member

20th Aug 12 at 09:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

last one is interesting and is the irst review iv read that kind if goes along with your power monster wants.

the other two merely point out you have to work it hard, which is a given really, not that it necessarily 'needs' more power
SetH

20th Aug 12 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I never said that people stating that it needs more power was ridiculous did I? I stated that I accepted that comment a few pages back. You are trying to insinuate something here to support your arguement but did not think before you typed.

I am not going to waste 10 minutes of my life quoting all the ridiculous statements throughout this topic as they stick out like a sore thumb on their own

<<  12    13    14    15    16    17    18  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New toyota 22 database queries in 0.0227151 seconds