corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Attack in Woolwich

New Poll
  <<  12    13    14    15    16    17    18  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Attack in Woolwich
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th May 13 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If everyone had a gun and even if someone did want to shoot them, they'd probably end up shooting some innocent person anyway by accident
John

25th May 13 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone having a gun works well in America doesn't it.
Ian
Site Administrator

25th May 13 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

American shootings get a bad press right up until the time that people want guns in order to kill people themselves.

Majority of people in the UK would fag out anyway.
Y869 SRA

25th May 13 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not saying they should make firearms legal here, I'm just saying if they were, those men would've probably been shot before they could carry out the killing.
Ian
Site Administrator

25th May 13 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You might be right, or on balance there would be far more indiscriminate killings all over the place for all sorts of reasons. And there's no guarantee this one would have turned out better.

Only reason the Police didn't get shot was because the gun failed. Gun battle between extremists and the public isn't going to end well.
Cavey

25th May 13 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the army guy had of shot them before they attacked him, then all that would be reported was that it was a racist attack against them.

Which would of probably caused bigger divides between the cultures
Generation

25th May 13 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who would have claimed that :s
Cavey

25th May 13 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Muslims, Black people. If it had panned out that way, if army personnel were armed off base, then the soldier would no doubt of been accused of various things from PTSD, to having a vendetta etc... Its the way the media works, the weapons carried by them would of been pushed aside because a white man killing a black Muslim would of been a far bigger story

[Edited on 25-05-2013 by Cavey]
Y869 SRA

25th May 13 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
If the army guy had of shot them before they attacked him

Wasn't he hit with a car before being hacked up?
He didn't stand a chance tbh.
Cavey

25th May 13 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, but, I mean hypothetically...

The press in this country is ridiculous and sensational, they'd pick on what they thought was the bigger story...

Doesn't matter either way as guns aren't officially allowed...
DC90

26th May 13 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Yes, but, I mean hypothetically...

The press in this country is ridiculous and sensational, they'd pick on what they thought was the bigger story...

Doesn't matter either way as guns aren't officially allowed...

You can't talk hypothetically in this case because there are so many different outcomes. If he had a gun, he probably wouldn't have seen them coming. What if he did see them coming, would he have been able to get a gun out in time and shoot? What if he missed? What if he shot one of them?

I think regardless of whether or not he had a gun, he was always fucked in this situation unfortunately.
Root

26th May 13 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[engage rant mode]

The attack happened because of two reasons:
1- the people that attacked were nutters.
2- they are so frustrated and upset that we are in other lands, killing innocent people (which we are, all the time, that they felt this is the only way to get a message across to us because we live in a 1st world society were nothing this disgusting happens every day).

The attack was not the doing of an entire race or religion and for fuck sakes, people like the EDL or the newspapers just make racial tensions worst and encourage violence. The attacks have been condemned by the attackers own religious leaders.

The soldier was killed because the attackers see him as the "enemy" because our soldiers are killing innocents all the time abroad.

Politicians make war happen, not soldiers, I wish the country would stand up and protest against wars to the politicians and perhaps stop things like this in the future. If you like it or not, this happened because we invaded other soils. Instead what seems to be happening, locally to me and probably all over in the UK at the moment, is EDL and racist, small minded people are attacking mosques and foreign looking men with beards.

At the end of the day, they didn't attack nobody, they moved here with their family trying to improve their own lives, they may have daughters and sons and may be murdered because idiots think it's their fault. It's not their fault that 2 nutters did what they did. It's the nutters fault and our own politicians. Attack them, protest to them.

I'm just angry that so many people are so stupid right now and think "hurr durr, get rid of muslims, an eye for an eye".

Like Gandhi said, it'll leave the whole world blind. The politicians began these wars and that soldiers blood is on their hands. It's sick. Nobody wanted a war, but them and that's who everybody should be mad at.

Just to make the point clear, I condemn completely the attack, every time I hear the families crying telling their story on the radio or hear anything about the story, it makes my eyes teary and I haven't cried in years. It's so wrong, but those responsible are in custody and I hope our country makes an exception and gives them the death penalty for treason or something, what we should be doing is telling david cameron that we don't want to be at war because we want no more soldiers hurt. Whether in battle or beheaded at home.

RIP Lee
[rant mode disengaged]

[Edited on 26-05-2013 by Root]
Marc

26th May 13 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All very well and good, but when was the last time you heard of a plane being hijacked by Dave and Paul? It is always Mohammed and Akram.

Thoughts?
JonnyJ

26th May 13 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
All very well and good, but when was the last time you heard of a plane being hijacked by Dave and Paul? It is always Mohammed and Akram.

Thoughts?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1731568.stm

HTH
Steve
Premium Member

26th May 13 at 10:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh look

quote:
After his release, he followed the path taken by many other Muslim prisoners, to Brixton Mosque, in south London.

Il rephrase marcs point to when was the last time you heard of a plane being hijacked by a non muslim person.
Marc

26th May 13 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1731568.stm

HTH

Could have just said 2001
JonnyJ

26th May 13 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well that wasnt the question was it? I was asked to provide evidence of a plane hijacker with a christian sounding name.

BTW terrorism existed before Mussy extremists got on the scene. IRA anyone?
Ian
Site Administrator

26th May 13 at 10:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course they're hi-jacked by Muslims, its the extremist Muslims who are objecting to the UK killing their people overseas.

Dave and Paul don't hi-jack planes because Dave and Paul have no grievance with the UK's military involvement in overseas conflicts.*

* - most of the time.

Root makes a good point - their key objection is Muslims being murdered by the UK - which they are.

They do it to make the point and on the most part the UK media have been very successful not printing that bit.
Marc

26th May 13 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bad example, I should have said (extremist) Muslim, as the name is irrelevant!

But, and I'm sure we share the same opinion - The extremists are not very bright as non peaceful protest will not end well for either party in the long run.
Steve
Premium Member

26th May 13 at 10:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Of course they're hi-jacked by Muslims, its the extremist Muslims who are objecting to the UK killing their people overseas.

Dave and Paul don't hi-jack planes because Dave and Paul have no grievance with the UK's military involvement in overseas conflicts.*

* - most of the time.

Root makes a good point - their key objection is Muslims being murdered by the UK - which they are.

They do it to make the point and on the most part the UK media have been very successful not printing that bit.

Its fine they are entitled to their opinions etc, but why if they hate it so much are they residing in this country?
micra_pete
Premium Member

26th May 13 at 10:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with everything root said.
Ian
Site Administrator

26th May 13 at 10:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Peaceful doesn't get you anywhere either.

So long as they have oil and we need it, they're going to get murdered in the name of world peace.
Ben G

26th May 13 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They love claiming our benefits but don't like what we do overseas.

If life in their ancestors homeland iw so great, then why don't they live there instead?

Nobodies forcing them to stay here. If they could live peacefully in other countries, instead of blowing eachother up, then we wouldn't be there in the first place.

Jambo

26th May 13 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you object to foriegn policy, then do something about it like campaign, vote etc. no excuse to murder someone doing their job in the name of a make believe deity.

If that isn't enough, go and join the forces fighting. Put in a uniform and stop hiding in civilian territories.

None of that in any way justifies what they did.
3CorsaMeal

26th May 13 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone else get sick of people's meaningless opinions during a time like this. Its like we discuss it till blue in the face. Then just forget about it the next minute and carry on.

May as well not give a shit and save all the stress. Nothing will change and we certainly won't achieve anything.

Am sure our soldiers aren't all angels when abroad. Most of them are the school idiots and local thugs. Only signed up because Mcdonalds don't issue guns and grenades. Nothing to do with the old queen and country saying. About as meaningful as doing your scouts promise. Get it over as quick as possible and itching to go and play war.

<<  12    13    14    15    16    17    18  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Attack in Woolwich 22 database queries in 0.0207319 seconds