corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iPhone 6 Thread

New Poll
  <<  12    13    14    15    16    17    18  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iPhone 6 Thread
John

User status: Offline
13th Sep 14 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've got a corsa b, at best its worth barely more than scrap value. Your at least as good a trolll as I am though so you already knew that.
Cavey

13th Sep 14 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
Pants down in here. Apple must be laughing their heads off.

I can see what you're saying, but you can attribute this to many companies and organisations.

The iPhone for me won't just be a phone for calls and texts, but I'll use it loads for YouTube, television programmes, internet, social media apps, fun gaming apps etc etc etc - sure over the two years it's a lot of money, but you do get a great piece of kit.

Essentially the same spec as a 2 year old Nexus 4, which was only £250 sim free when released edit - the nexus has wireless charging too

[Edited on 13-09-2014 by Cavey]
John

13th Sep 14 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The normal sized 6 doesn't even have a 1080x1920 screen. In the good old apple days they'd have had a reason for that but in the days of doing what the users want ( ) why does that not have 1080 and the + have 4k?
p

14th Sep 14 at 02:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the 4K non event got me a bit as well? Don't rival phones now film in 4K?
Russ

14th Sep 14 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah loads of them.

also, i think the other thing i think they could do next september, is release a iphone 6s compact.. but then that would mean admitting that not everyone wants a bigger screen, and they wouldnt do that
Eck
Premium Member

14th Sep 14 at 07:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
£53 a month.

Less than £2 a day. For that I can call whoever I want for however long. Send as many texts as I like, and have access to internet whenever I want it.

I'm happy, and whoever decides to pay it is happy, don't see why others are annoyed.

Less than £2 a day, but over £600 a year I'm not annoyed, more horrified.
Jambo

14th Sep 14 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the point some people miss with Apple stuff, is that it might not be the first to add a certain technology to their phone, but they will only do it when it actually works.

For example, I remember having a Nokia N80 that had wifi. It was billed as amazing a unique thing, brillInt feature etc. it was fucking pointless. It just didn't work. It's all very well and good saying you have this and that now, a first or exclusive. But I would rather wait for the Apple version that actually works. Bit like touch screen, remember the nokias that where "first" to get touch screen? Yup they where good weren't they!

And if someone wants to spend £50 a month on a device that encompasses a phone, Internet browser, gaming machine, calculator, sat nav, torch, camera, voice recorder, document editor etc then why not? That would be their decision surely.
Russ

14th Sep 14 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes but those days are gone.

nfc has worked for years
4k video has & does work in other phones
wireless charging works fine

it is their decision, and a lot of it is to do with the ecosystem they have bought into. I would go back to ios tomorrow, but theres nothing that would improve my experience that i get over android. in fact, losing out on google now launcher would be huge.

i do wish that google would pull their finger out sometimes though, google wallet is doing what apple pay does, but the roll out has been limited to the US

[Edited on 14-09-2014 by Russ]

[Edited on 14-09-2014 by Russ]
Jambo

14th Sep 14 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My point was it will work better from a UI/Simplicity concept, not saying it doesn't work on Android etc, I am sure it does perfectly well.

There is never going to be one phone for all because that would suck. I too wish Google would pull their finger out as I love using most of their services and am an avid Google docs fan now (was originally terrible!) and I use Chrome as my default. But just don't like the phone OS or the App Store. As mentioned in previous post I beleive the Windows offerings are more akin to an IOS "feel" in that it feels finished and solid, something I never got with Androids. Sure the androids are probably best for more techy IT people as they do more and sooner, and are very much more used customisable. That doesn't really appeal to me though.

I think the cost thing is more than squarely landed at the mobile networks feet and not Apple as IIRC the 5s was similar in price to the 6? (obviously 6+ is more)
Eck
Premium Member

14th Sep 14 at 10:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who said it isn't their decision to spend £50 a month on a product, Jambo? On the flip side, surely we are entitled to our opinion on such an absurd amount per month?
kz

14th Sep 14 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
Might sell my 5s and get a 6. pretty miffed theyve taken away 32gb storage ffs. its either go basic or go big now which is annoying, who the fuck carries 64gb of music/media/apps on a phone?

My sim only plan with EE is alright. unlimited calls + txts, free calls to 0800 numbers. 9gb of 4g. £23

When I had a 18 month contract I used up all of my 32Gb storage... then I went to 12 months but kept to 32Gb as I didn't think I'd fill it up in time, and I haven't! Got 4Gb left atm.

But now (sadly, for the first time ever) I'm going 24 months so I guess it would have been time to go for 64Gb anyway. I would have been happy with 48Gb mind!
Chrissy
Premium Member

14th Sep 14 at 10:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it not acceptable for someone to just like the products Apple makes? And not mind spending money on the things they like?

It's like someone buying an Audi for 3 grand more than the equivalent Vauxhall. I'm sure the Vauxhall would be able to do everything the Audi does and potentially even have more features.

>>>> Chris <<<<

Russ

14th Sep 14 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do like their products.. i'm typing this on my iMac
Chrissy
Premium Member

14th Sep 14 at 10:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
i do like their products.. i'm typing this on my iMac

Snap!

>>>> Chris <<<<

Marc

14th Sep 14 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much do most people spend on a night out or a Sky subscription? Put in to perspective it isn't that much. Would be if it was 2000 and we all had Nokia 3310's.
Russ

14th Sep 14 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

choice is good, but people are gonna end up paying 1400 quid for a 540 quid phone which costs 150 maximum to make.

would i swap my nexus 4 right now for one, er yes. but if i had the choice of iphone6, z3, note 4, m8 etc etc.. i would choose the iphone last, so sod paying that much for it
Generation

14th Sep 14 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're all forgetting that also includes more than just a physical item. It's unlimited contact.
I use my phone a lot (I am on it now) so it's worth it to me, £2 a day to call
Whoever and text whoever is fine. Yes it' works out a lot a
Year, so do lots of things if looked at like that.

Could moan at people for spending £5+ a day on lunch at work, when could be made at home, over a year the difference is big.
Dom

14th Sep 14 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It's unlimited contact.

Being pedantic, it's not; you've got a 5GB limit on data and there will be a FUP attached to texts and minutes (iiirc, with O2 it's around 3000 mins and 12000 texts).

And arguably, you could have gotten a better deal if you bought the phone outright and hunted out a sim-only deal. But i guess, if you're happy paying that then that is all that matters.

Guessing you went with a 128GB 6+?
Steve
Premium Member

14th Sep 14 at 12:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure how you can compare eating food (required to live) to paying over the odds for a phone
Marc

14th Sep 14 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can when Generation is comparing it to people spending £5 a day that they don't need to spend. Similar money in the supermarket would make pack ups for a week. Then you get people saying meh its only £5...
Generation

14th Sep 14 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not, saying don't eat anything am I?

Yes Dom, that's very pedantic. However I won't break fair usage as it's not glued to my face. I didn't go over 2gb a month either on last contract. So it's more than I need all round.

Marc, exactly.
Generation

14th Sep 14 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phone are now taken for granted I think.

£2 a day on credit was nothing in the pay as you go days, and now you're getting a phone for that, that also takes pictures and videos connects you to the internet as well as shit loads of other functions
Dom

14th Sep 14 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I didn't go over 2gb a month either on last contract. So it's more than I need all round.

In which case, shopping around would have saved you a bit and you probably could have got an unlimited contract unlike the one you've got but never mind
Generation

14th Sep 14 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I needed a phone fast as mine is broken, and I'm yet to see anybody with less data cheaper
Eck
Premium Member

14th Sep 14 at 13:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't say 2GB is a lot tbh. Not anymore
Its your choice naturally, and I hope you enjoy your phone.

<<  12    13    14    15    16    17    18  >>

New Poll