corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official 2016 F1 Thread

New Poll
  <<  12    13    14    15    16    17    18  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official 2016 F1 Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Jun 16 at 14:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worst race so far. Rest of the season has been good but nothing's happened today.

MX5 Project Thread
Ben G

19th Jun 16 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
It was bleeped out you div

Resorting to insults. Very mature.
Aaron

19th Jun 16 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye

Would have been nice to have had a bit more carnage on the first corners, or a few safety cars to bunch them up a bit

[Edited on 19-06-2016 by Aaron]
Aaron

19th Jun 16 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
It was bleeped out you div

Resorting to insults. Very mature.

It's all i had to respond to your level of tard tbh.
Ben G

19th Jun 16 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kimi getting angry now. That's fine though...
Aaron

19th Jun 16 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nailed it
whitter45

19th Jun 16 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They talk bollocks sky

Wish they would put themselves in that position, putting life at risk - sure they would swear too
Ben G

19th Jun 16 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
Worst race so far. Rest of the season has been good but nothing's happened today.

Not even a single crash. First corner was billed at chaos and certain safety cars throughout the race...

Yet nothing just easy overtakes down the straight.
Aaron

19th Jun 16 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lewis has found his dummy Hammer time.
Steve
Premium Member

19th Jun 16 at 14:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kimis dummy is well and truly out too
Ben G

19th Jun 16 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here we go again.... Both cars ''had the same problem'' yeah ok, pull the other one
whitter45

19th Jun 16 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a crap race

Hate NL - such a tit
Ben G

19th Jun 16 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eddie Jordan is a class A cunt. Always shouting about everything.
Ben G

19th Jun 16 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow.... Toto talking absolute bollocks live on sky yes, I'm sure Nico had exactly the same problem and managed to just switch it back to normal.
Rob_Quads

19th Jun 16 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

""Nico had made a change during the race that caused the issue," said a Mercedes spokesperson. "So when told it was an issue with the mode, as permitted by FIA, he switched back out of it.

"Lewis had the setting from start of race and it was not obvious that this setting was causing the problem. The fundamental problem is on our heads as it was a configuration not working properly, not the driver's fault."

That is far from the same issue. One knew exactly what he did so just had to undo it, the other had no reference at all to what the problem was caused by.
Ben G

19th Jun 16 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly Rob some people take the first thing they hear (from a man with a melted head) and take it as gospel.

The man is non executive chairman ffs. A made up job

Here's the truth:

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12472/10318490/mercedes-explain-lewis-hamiltons-power-problems-in-european-gp

So Nico changed settings just before it happened, so was able to rectify it without issue. Makes sense.

Lewis' just went without warning and had no reference point as to what works and what doesn't.

Hardly difficult to understand.
Rob_Quads

19th Jun 16 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who ever programmed that mode is going to get a serious bollocking that's for sure

Does make you wonder if he had more power how much quicker he would have gone through the pack and 3rd/2nd really was viable

[Edited on 19-06-2016 by Rob_Quads]
Kyle T
Premium Member

19th Jun 16 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Tomorrow is going to be a right 'mare for me. Got the family round for dinner at 2pm, then as soon as I kick them out I need to hit the road for a 5 hour trek up to dundee to check into my hotel.

That means 5hours in the car without radio in risk of ruining the result, then somehow need to navigate onto the Sky Go page for F1 without also ruining the result to start watching the race at probably midnight

Right, so managed to have everyone round for dinner, no ruined result. Got in the car at 17:30'ish and drove 5 hours without radio. Got to the hotel still none the wiser.

Got laptop booted up, navigated to Sky Go without spoiling result.

Navigated to Sky Sports F1 catchup, clicked the extended highlights programme and WHAM. There is a fucking massive high res picture of the Mercedes celebration photo with the word NICO in 12" flourescent lettering.

What the fuck is the point in that? I know it isn't Skys problem that I had a busy day but they have got absolutely nothing to gain by displaying that photo surely? There are literally thousands of photographs from the weekend they could have used, and I'm not a 16 YO girl that uses the word literally far too much and for the wrong reasons. Why, why why have that photo?

Fucking stupid cunts honestly.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ellis

20th Jun 16 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am I the only one that enjoyed the race yesterday?

Must concede I was disappointed and surprised we didn't see a SC/VSC at any stage of the race. After watching GP2 on Saturday I thought it was almost certainly going to make an appearance for the F1.

Agree with the majority in here that the radio ban should be relaxed. Disappointed with Damon Hill yesterday asking Toto if they could make the modes/switchgear simpler and perhaps even leave it the same from the race start. Thought Damon would be smarter than to say something silly like that to a team principle on live TV. Paul Di Resta is looking increasingly more comfortable in front of the camera than Damon.

Unfortunately, I believe the radio ban is a result of pandering to the causal fan that constantly harps back to 20 years ago when things were apparently 'better'. The FIA created what is now an extremely complicated and expensive racing formula yet stop teams trying to manage it effectively. We don't see radio restrictions such as this in any other series purely because there aren't so many casual observers moaning. Everyone probably knows a moaner called Dave or similar from the pub; yet the bloke doesn't know what half of the buttons do in his diesel Mondeo. That's the radio volume button, Dave...
Kyle T
Premium Member

20th Jun 16 at 08:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
Unfortunately, I believe the radio ban is a result of pandering to the causal fan that constantly harps back to 20 years ago when things were apparently 'better'. The FIA created what is now an extremely complicated and expensive racing formula yet stop teams trying to manage it effectively. We don't see radio restrictions such as this in any other series purely because there aren't so many casual observers moaning. Everyone probably knows a moaner called Dave or similar from the pub; yet the bloke doesn't know what half of the buttons do in his diesel Mondeo. That's the radio volume button, Dave...

Couldn't agree more really. I think I posted as much just a few days/weeks ago on here too so I'm not just saying it because my favourite driver fell foul of it.

F1 is, and always has been a massive team game. We have it rammed down our throats everytime a driver is interviewed but this rule change has stripped away a massive piece of visibility we had into the world of driver/team interactions.

All of this (I think) came to a head when driver(s) were asking for specific driving advice into a corner or braking zone. Being told to brake a meter later or whatever. I kinda get how/why that upsets people but the subsequent rule change (as usual) has gone way to far.

Team radio is/was one of my favourite parts of the broadcast. Even if we couldn't understand half of what the code words meant, it did the technical complexity of F1 some justice. Not all of us want to see agricultural injection engines and leather skullcaps as the only form of protection in F1, we want to see it as the technical and innovative spectacle that it is.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ellis

20th Jun 16 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even with the specific driving advice, it doesn't bother me personally. Combining the most talented engineers with world class drivers to achieve a near flawless lap, that's what I like to see, absolute perfection. Perhaps I enjoy the engineering side of it all more than the racing, who knows.

I often get irritated at the media accusing Mercedes time after time of making F1 boring and almost expecting them to apologise for the blood, sweat and tears they've poured into the project to get these results.

Anyway, hopefully now that the world has seen radio restrictions causing the 2 top teams an issue, the FIA will react. I do however fear they will further complicate the already complex radio part of the sporting regulations.
Kyle T
Premium Member

20th Jun 16 at 10:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
Even with the specific driving advice, it doesn't bother me personally. Combining the most talented engineers with world class drivers to achieve a near flawless lap, that's what I like to see, absolute perfection. Perhaps I enjoy the engineering side of it all more than the racing, who knows.

Ditto.

The last Q3 lap should be, in my opinion the culmination of 3 FP sessions of non stop min/maxing of driver feedback, telemetry and engineer input all bundled together with a top driver holding his nerve and delivering the perfect lap.

In the race, much of this goes out of the window anyway due to tyre wear, track evolution, constantly changing fuel load and of course racing for track position.

I think you could make an argument that a motorsport/racing purist would hate all of that but I consider myself an F1 purist, and F1 has always been a race of technology and excessive detail rather than this romantic (false) 9mage we seem to have of old school drivers single handedly wrangling a car around a track and elevating it above and beyond the expectations of the supporting team who are just there to change tyres and HT leads between sessions.

Radio ban is an insult to the depth of talent sat in the garage and/or prat perch and exchanges like we had between Kimi and Lewis make the sport look even more silly than "Driving Advice Please?" comments ever did.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ellis

20th Jun 16 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
The last Q3 lap should be, in my opinion the culmination of 3 FP sessions of non stop min/maxing of driver feedback, telemetry and engineer input all bundled together with a top driver holding his nerve and delivering the perfect lap.

In the race, much of this goes out of the window anyway due to tyre wear, track evolution, constantly changing fuel load and of course racing for track position.

Perfectly summed up

Qualifying is very different beast to the race itself.

Let's wait and see what happens next for F1 radio comms.
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Jun 16 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Silverstone tickets arrived today

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
whitter45

24th Jun 16 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good man Kyle

I am so excited for next weekend

<<  12    13    14    15    16    17    18  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official 2016 F1 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0219851 seconds