corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Dan's Star Silver C20XE SXi *Billing update and pics*

New Poll
  <<  150    151    152    153    154    155    156  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dan's Star Silver C20XE SXi *Billing update and pics*
kev
Organiser: North East
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th May 12 at 00:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark.W
Seems to a few people having bother with XE'S lately.Dont think i could be bothered with having a XE put in mine now lyk.

Hope you get sorted Dan

Excuse me mark Coff coff.. mines never missed a beat haha..
Xe's are mint and just the same as any other engine all cars have problems it's just an engine though and is fixable you will end up making your self sick if you stress to much?
You will get sorted man dan, Are you 100% sure the crank is leaking oil and not just the pump gasket?
Have you had the side timming belt casing off and had it running to see it leaking? Is it Defo leaking down the pump side of the engine and not something daft like the oil temp sensor or oil filter?
Sorry for all the Q's just Intrested to see were your leak is

1999corsa b

9th May 12 at 06:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Big i am haha no im just sorting car with him
Jed D

9th May 12 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

crank shaft oil seal has gasket sealer behind it on one of the bits that hold the crank in...

you mite need some gasket sealer on that possibly, 5910 loctite premium gasket sealer is good stuff, couple of quid at halfrauds
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

9th May 12 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kev

Excuse me mark Coff coff.. mines never missed a beat haha..
Xe's are mint and just the same as any other engine all cars have problems it's just an engine though and is fixable you will end up making your self sick if you stress to much?
You will get sorted man dan, Are you 100% sure the crank is leaking oil and not just the pump gasket?
Have you had the side timming belt casing off and had it running to see it leaking? Is it Defo leaking down the pump side of the engine and not something daft like the oil temp sensor or oil filter?
Sorry for all the Q's just Intrested to see were your leak is

The side timing belt cover is off mate. It's deffo coming from one of these as we can see it. There's no other place. As soon as it gets warm it starts running down bottom of the oil pump and off the corner off the sump.

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
crank shaft oil seal has gasket sealer behind it on one of the bits that hold the crank in...

you mite need some gasket sealer on that possibly, 5910 loctite premium gasket sealer is good stuff, couple of quid at halfrauds

Yea i know mate.

Not using no gasket seal on it,doesn't need it if it's fitted properly.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Jed D

9th May 12 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D

Yea i know mate.

Not using no gasket seal on it,doesn't need it if it's fitted properly.

vauxhall used a bit of gasket sealer on that part of them mate... the 5910 stuff im on about is what they used, not on the actual seal but the bit that holds the crank in behind it
Dan295

9th May 12 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eh? the crankshaft oil seal is supposed to have a sealant on it. its how its reccommended to be fitted by GM with GM sealant
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

9th May 12 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh so it's a paste you put on after fitting it? I thought you meant the actual seal.

Sorry lads,my bad,I apologise.

[Edited on 09-05-2012 by DansCorsaSXi]

Jed D

9th May 12 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not on about the actual seal/gasket/ring on the end... the bits that hold your crank in that the bearings sit in, the end one has gasket sealer down the sides of it
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

9th May 12 at 15:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You gonna have to get a close up pic if ya don't mind mate.

1999corsa b

9th May 12 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isnt that the gear box side though? And pulley side had the seal in oil pump?
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

9th May 12 at 16:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea were only doing pulley side,do I still need the sealant Ash? I'm gettin confused.

1999corsa b

9th May 12 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no dont think so sure it was gearbox side
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

9th May 12 at 17:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never actually said gearbox side did I?

Jed D

9th May 12 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

replied to your u2u dan, feck it, cos i like your thread il go get a pic, 2secs...
Jed D

9th May 12 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh im on about the gearbox side

nevermind

oil pump seal is easy once your at it mate
1999corsa b

9th May 12 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye ive told him to take it off put the crank seal in and do the oil pump gasket at same time saturday it will be on road
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

9th May 12 at 19:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's ok Jed,cheers anyways mate.

Yea me and me dad are going to spend day on it saturday and get it sorted hopefully. Can't wait to drive it again.

You spinning coming out of gym Ash.

1999corsa b

9th May 12 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
It's ok Jed,cheers anyways mate.

Yea me and me dad are going to spend day on it saturday and get it sorted hopefully. Can't wait to drive it again.

You spinning coming out of gym Ash.

spinning lol it crackles like fuck when i go down side off the stone wall and let off
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

10th May 12 at 11:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha I've never tried it. :/

Will be doing very soon.

DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

12th May 12 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update : 12.05.2012

And it's not a good one...

As you know the car has had a oil leak so had to replace a few things. I've changed the oil pump gasket and front crank seal. The cars all back together now and on the floor. Filled her with oil again and then let her tick over for 15 mins to see if the loud tapping would go and it didn't. So me and my dad went out in it to see if it would die down and it din't. It taps just when it's ticking over and even worse when i rev it. It also get's louder when i let go off pedal when revs are dropping.

Me dad reckons when it's leaked oil that night and i just about got it home,it's starved the engine and fucked crank. When we'd finished topping oil back up today we noticed in the bottom of the oil bottle there was little bits of silver in the bottom and he says there from bottom end of engine so that can't be good.

He's told me not to drive it as it'll just get worse so don't know what to do. :/ Can't keep chucking money at it all time,it's skinting me and i need a reliable car for work and just get about. Might take it off road again and get another car to get to work and back and then rebuild it bit by bit and see if i can sort it.

Any help with what i could do would be great. Ash reckons it's lifters and tappets that need replacing as he thinks it's coming from top end but that doesn't explain about the little bits of silver in oil. :/

More problems.

corsasportsam

12th May 12 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get someone to come out and have a proper look or your just gonna keep spending money fixing things that might not need doing.. hope you sort it though mate
vx-scottw
Premium Member

12th May 12 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that suck mate i agree with ash sounds like the lifters n tappets need doing
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

12th May 12 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like who mate?

Don't need another teknision to look at it as my dad's already looked etc.

As i said before the engines starved of oil and knackered something.

Typed into google about them metal flakes and some of the replies.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100803114631AAQA1Ug

Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

12th May 12 at 16:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
Update : 12.05.2012

Me dad reckons when it's leaked oil that night and i just about got it home,it's starved the engine and fucked crank. When we'd finished topping oil back up today we noticed in the bottom of the oil bottle there was little bits of silver in the bottom and he says there from bottom end of engine so that can't be good.

If its starved of oil and/or picked up then it'll be swarf from your bottom end bearings that your seeing imo.

be on the safe side and drop the sump, take a cap off a rod and look at the bearing to double check I would also take a mains off while your under there. Remember they only go on one way round and dont get them mixed up.

if your bearings are fine your crank will be fine aswell.

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

12th May 12 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Danny mate,thanks for the help.

Gonna drop sump off tomoz then and have a look and see what's damaged.Gonna remove shells from furthest one away from pump and hope it's not done too much damage.

Also he reckons if the shells are worn i'll be loosing pressure and that's why top end is tapping. If the shells are worn abit i'm going to order some more and see if runs abit quieter.

[Edited on 12-05-2012 by DansCorsaSXi]

<<  150    151    152    153    154    155    156  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Dan's Star Silver C20XE SXi *Billing update and pics* 24 database queries in 0.0708179 seconds