corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread

New Poll
  <<  154    155    156    157    158    159    160  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread
Robbo

User status: Offline
11th Aug 11 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Is Scott Dann any good?

[Edited on 11-08-2011 by Ben J]
hes not an improvement IMO, and thats what wenger siad he'd go for. we need to push jagielka or cahill to make noises about moving as they are too exp for who theya re atm, if they want to push themselve sonwards and into CL then they would wantto jhoin
Neil

11th Aug 11 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
Enrique really impressed me last season, shame to see him going to liverpool

Good signing for them though

He's good, but not as good as people seem to think he is. He's fast and strong, but makes a lot of defensive mistakes. Only young still though, so a good signing for the dippers. Not hugely bothered about losing him, more bothered about the timing and getting a replacement in quickly.
Neil

11th Aug 11 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member

Spurs v Everton is called off for this weekend apparently, expect an official confirmation at some point.
Nismo

11th Aug 11 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member

yeah called off
Neil

11th Aug 11 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member

Newcastle to complete the signing of Pieters from PSV before allowing Enrique to move to dippers.
Rick Draper

11th Aug 11 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member

Nasri deal hours away. Pleased as it weakens arsenal further.
chrisritch

11th Aug 11 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper

Over rated
Nath

11th Aug 11 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Great deal. Fabregas is over rated.
Bait

Genuinely isn't.
Ben J

11th Aug 11 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member

His hamstrings are fucked too.

Won't matter on the Barca bench tho tbh.
Nath

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:

Over rated

He'd walk into your XI.
Tommy L

quote:
Originally posted by NeilM
Newcastle to complete the signing of Pieters from PSV before allowing Enrique to move to dippers.
Bet that won't happen. We'll just play Jonas as LB on saturday
strick206

11th Aug 11 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:

Over rated

I don't think he is over rated tbh

Funny if it does go ahead, arsenal are one hell of a feeder club to city
chrisritch

quote:
quote:
quote:

Over rated

He'd walk into your XI.

not a £24m player though
Conway563

Did I just hear right that the Fabregas fee is £27m?
Nath

11th Aug 11 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Over rated

He'd walk into your XI.

not a £24m player though

Err ok Kenny 'Value for money' Dalglish.
Ben J

11th Aug 11 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Over rated

He'd walk into your XI.

not a £24m player though

But Carroll is a £35m player??????
chrisritch

11th Aug 11 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Over rated

He'd walk into your XI.

not a £24m player though

But Carroll is a £35m player??????

Never said Carroll was a £35m player did I?
Ben J

11th Aug 11 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member

Your King Dalglish did though.
Hammer

11th Aug 11 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member

I'd have Nasri long before Fabregas.
chrisritch

11th Aug 11 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by strick206
Enrique really impressed me last season, shame to see him going to liverpool

Good signing for them though

He's good, but not as good as people seem to think he is. He's fast and strong, but makes a lot of defensive mistakes. Only young still though, so a good signing for the dippers. Not hugely bothered about losing him, more bothered about the timing and getting a replacement in quickly.

confirmed on LFC.tv
mwg

11th Aug 11 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member

Nasri will be a good signing for Man City. I'd of loved to have him at United. Have to make do with Sneijder
Jamie Walby

11th Aug 11 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member

My thoughts on Fabregas.

Hes been a quality player for us, no doubt about it but the last year or so he hasnt looked as good as he once was. Its clear that despite what has been said about him being focused on Arsenal is not true and that he has had Barca on the mind for some time, who can blame him.

I think that its the right time to let him go. Maybe even a season too late as having a saga like this hanging over your captain has to be damaging to the club on the field. He will be missed in a way but I think if the money is reinvested in players that want to be at Arsenal 100% then he will soon be replaced in a way. We have Wilshere and Ramsay ready to go although Ramsay isnt as good yet, he could be. Ultimately it is a shame that Fabregas is going to leave but long term its for the best and I the Arsenal fans should thank him for his service to the club. Not only that but he has been relatively well behaved during all this, he could have acted up big time. Hope he gets to play at Barca although Im not sure where he will fit in/who will get dropped in favour of him.

Nasri. Not sure what to make of it. Hes a quality player and I would have liked to see Arsenal put in a bit more effort in trying to keep him. I dont really know the details on whats been offered to him and so on but if he wants to leave, he wants to leave. If we can get good money for him this summer then he should be sold. Would be ridiculous if we let him go for a free from a business point of view and from a team point of view as that £20m+ can be invested in strengthening the squad (potentially).

So in summery its a huge loss if both players leave and a bit worrying and until replacements are brought in does show a lack of ambition. If the figures that are being reported are what we sell them for we could have around £50m to use towards new players. Thats 3 or 4 quality players to potentially come in.

Id like to see a centre back, Cahill is my preference. Few seasons of prem experience and younger than Jagielka for the same kind of money.

Not sure on this Dann fella, know nothing about him other than people seem to rate him and is obviously cheaper....

If Samba could be purchased for £10m and Dann for £10 id take them both instead of forking out £20m for one Cahill or Jagielka though.

Then I think Mata should be pursued. Young and looks pretty good. Will bolster the midfield.

Then I would like Barton. I know hes a bit of an arse but for free, hes worth a punt all day long and no one can deny hes a quality player. He would bring some grit to the midfield and think he would be a fantastic signing. If you can offer him a 3-4 year deal if it hasnt worked out after a year, sell him for a few million. Worth the punt and you will make some profit on him.

Hope Wenger reads this.
Neil

11th Aug 11 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
quote:

Ferguson is back in full training now, so might see him at LB, we'll see.
Hammer

11th Aug 11 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
My thoughts on Fabregas.

Hes been a quality player for us, no doubt about it but the last year or so he hasnt looked as good as he once was. Its clear that despite what has been said about him being focused on Arsenal is not true and that he has had Barca on the mind for some time, who can blame him.

I think that its the right time to let him go. Maybe even a season too late as having a saga like this hanging over your captain has to be damaging to the club on the field. He will be missed in a way but I think if the money is reinvested in players that want to be at Arsenal 100% then he will soon be replaced in a way. We have Wilshere and Ramsay ready to go although Ramsay isnt as good yet, he could be. Ultimately it is a shame that Fabregas is going to leave but long term its for the best and I the Arsenal fans should thank him for his service to the club. Not only that but he has been relatively well behaved during all this, he could have acted up big time. Hope he gets to play at Barca although Im not sure where he will fit in/who will get dropped in favour of him.

Nasri. Not sure what to make of it. Hes a quality player and I would have liked to see Arsenal put in a bit more effort in trying to keep him. I dont really know the details on whats been offered to him and so on but if he wants to leave, he wants to leave. If we can get good money for him this summer then he should be sold. Would be ridiculous if we let him go for a free from a business point of view and from a team point of view as that £20m+ can be invested in strengthening the squad (potentially).

So in summery its a huge loss if both players leave and a bit worrying and until replacements are brought in does show a lack of ambition. If the figures that are being reported are what we sell them for we could have around £50m to use towards new players. Thats 3 or 4 quality players to potentially come in.

Id like to see a centre back, Cahill is my preference. Few seasons of prem experience and younger than Jagielka for the same kind of money.

Not sure on this Dann fella, know nothing about him other than people seem to rate him and is obviously cheaper....

If Samba could be purchased for £10m and Dann for £10 id take them both instead of forking out £20m for one Cahill or Jagielka though.

Then I think Mata should be pursued. Young and looks pretty good. Will bolster the midfield.

Then I would like Barton. I know hes a bit of an arse but for free, hes worth a punt all day long and no one can deny hes a quality player. He would bring some grit to the midfield and think he would be a fantastic signing. If you can offer him a 3-4 year deal if it hasnt worked out after a year, sell him for a few million. Worth the punt and you will make some profit on him.

Hope Wenger reads this.

Barton would be an excellent signing for Arsenal imo, even if only to provide a different option or to bring on to close out a game. One of Arsenal's biggest weak point of recent seasons has been going ahead and then dropping points by not altering their approach.
Tommy L

11th Aug 11 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
quote:

Ferguson is back in full training now, so might see him at LB, we'll see.
Only today. No chance of starting on Saturday imo.

<<  154    155    156    157    158    159    160  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread 23 database queries in 0.0489280 seconds