corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Football sponsored by CS was broken

New Poll
  <<  13    14    15    16    17  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend Football sponsored by CS was broken
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Oct 10 at 07:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite a shock that the only person defending him is that utter fucking lunatic van Bommel
Cosmo

6th Oct 10 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No dodging this, just havent been able to get on.

Shocking result, only made worse by an even more shocking performance, and even worse by an even more shocking show of tactical ineptitude.

Blackpool played well, so wont take that away from them. They deserved it.

However - WTF is Hodgson doing?

He buys Meireles and plays him on the right wing.

He drops one of our better players last season in Lucas and plays one of the worst players Ive seen in a red shirt - Poulson.

He moves Kuyt, who has shown his best position is on the right side, up front. Why?

And finally he insists on dropping our only ball playing centreback so he can have two who just smack the ball up field.

And that brings me to his tactics - why drop Gerrard back in to midfield only to throw the ball over his head every fucking time. And WTF is Torres (or whoever plays there) meant to do with those sorts of balls?
strick206

6th Oct 10 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hellooooo Clown

I think you've been avoiding this thread

Wasnt you all raving about Poulsen when you signed him?
Cosmo

6th Oct 10 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
Wasnt you all raving about Poulsen when you signed him?

I dont think so. I cant remember personally doing so (if someone can drag up a post that I did then I'll certainly admit I was wrong).

The guy is shocking to say the least - only thing worse at the moment is the way Hodgson is doing things. Fucking joke tbh.
strick206

6th Oct 10 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking about it, it may have been Tom, but as the search is fucking rubbish on this site i'm certainly going through the whole transfer thread
Cosmo

6th Oct 10 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was my hope, just incase I did say it! I dont think I did though as I really didnt see the need for him at the time, even less so now as I didnt think he was THIS bad.

The thing thats annoying me is we had a decent formation and we had a fair few decent players. We only needed someone to come in and pick up the moral a bit and to add a few quality players where we were weak (LB and forward mostly).

He didnt sign a quality player for either of those positions. And then he starts pissing about with playing settled players out of position.

I wasnt amazed with the appointment of Hodgson but thought he'd at least settle the ship a bit. He is a fucking joke though imo.
Ben J

6th Oct 10 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm suprised Hodgson is doing so badly.

I reckon O'Neil will be in before long.
Cosmo

6th Oct 10 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J

I dont want O'Neil anywhere near this club, hate the fucking twat face.
Ben J

6th Oct 10 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Ben J

I dont want O'Neil anywhere near this club, hate the fucking twat face.

He's a good mgr tho.
Cosmo

6th Oct 10 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is he?

Whats he ever done in all seriousness?
strick206

6th Oct 10 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally i think he is a good manager, record at Leicester and done well with Villa, all be it he spent a lot

Celtic but easy enough in a coin toss league

But the worst thing with MON is that he plays good football against bottom half teams, and then when it comes to playing a decent team, he plays 10 defenders and a keeper
Cosmo

6th Oct 10 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats my point, he has never done anything with a side higher up the league than 6th/7th - and Id rather not be the testing ground for him if the new owners are going to be aiming that high.
strick206

6th Oct 10 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Thats my point, he has never done anything with a side higher up the league than 6th/7th

TBF he could be the right man for the job to get Liverpool back to the top 6/7
Cosmo

6th Oct 10 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Thats my point, he has never done anything with a side higher up the league than 6th/7th

TBF he could be the right man for the job to get Liverpool back to the top 6/7

Thats why I put the next bit in my post you coont.
strick206

6th Oct 10 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tom

6th Oct 10 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Thinking about it, it may have been Tom, but as the search is fucking rubbish on this site i'm certainly going through the whole transfer thread

I recall saying that we'd been tracking him for a while (pre hodgson) but not that he was a good player. He was meant to be alright at sevilla but he was garbage at Juve and he's proving himself to be the latter with us.

I'd much rather have lucas there next to gerrard, although saying that i've always thought stevie's best place was in CM but i'm starting to question his ability to play there given how much he roams which is why rafa always preferred to play him behind nando. Lucas and Mereiles is probably the best solution to CM right now.
Cosmo

6th Oct 10 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Lucas and Mereiles is probably the best solution to CM right now.

IMO this is what it should be.

Gerrard in front of them. Cole left. Kuyt right. Torres (when/if fit) up top.
Nath

6th Oct 10 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Torres (when/if fit)

lol
Hammer

6th Oct 10 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Is he?

Whats he ever done in all seriousness?

Wycombe - took them from the Conference into the football league for the first time in their history within 2 seasons.

Leicester - Final 3 times of the League Cup and won it twice, took them into Europe twice and never finished lower than mid-table in the Premiership. Amazing for another run of the mill side.

Celtic - Treble in the first season, Champions League 3 times, European final with a team from a piss pot league, 7 trophies all in and a British record 25 consecutive victories in season 2003-04.

Aston Villa - Took over in 2006 and finished 11th in his first season, 6th in the next, same again in the next despite going on run of 10 games without winning, then beat Chelsea, Liverpool and United last season before finishing 6th again.

He would without a shadow of a doubt improve Liverpool, every club he has been at he has succeeded.
Nath

6th Oct 10 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hammer makes a strong case for M'ON.
Hammer

6th Oct 10 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could write a book about O'Neill.

Not surprising considering I've read his book I suppose

[Edited on 06-10-2010 by Hammer]
Cosmo

6th Oct 10 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Wycombe - took them from the Conference into the football league for the first time in their history within 2 seasons.

Leicester - Final 3 times of the League Cup and won it twice, took them into Europe twice and never finished lower than mid-table in the Premiership. Amazing for another run of the mill side.

Celtic - Treble in the first season, Champions League 3 times, European final with a team from a piss pot league, 7 trophies all in and a British record 25 consecutive victories in season 2003-04.

Aston Villa - Took over in 2006 and finished 11th in his first season, 6th in the next, same again in the next despite going on run of 10 games without winning, then beat Chelsea, Liverpool and United last season before finishing 6th again.

He would without a shadow of a doubt improve Liverpool, every club he has been at he has succeeded.

Im ignoring the first 3 as proves nothing above that sort of level.

Villa is the best comparison to give, and even with good backing (he spent a fair amount tbh, more than teams around him) from Lerner he failed to improve them for 3 seasons running as you said.
Hammer

6th Oct 10 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finishing 6th in 3 seasons with Villa considering the level of competition is astoundingly good IMO. Villa, in this current climate, should be hovering below mid-table. Although there was initial investment it's dried up and he's left a young and talented squad you would be able to achieve greater value from than the initial outlay. Milner a case in point.

Also Celtic actually beat Liverpool when he was manager, at Anfield, so I'd say disregarding that would be silly.

[Edited on 06-10-2010 by Hammer]
Cosmo

6th Oct 10 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Finishing 6th in 3 seasons with Villa considering the level of competition is astoundingly good IMO. Villa, in this current climate, should be hovering below mid-table. Although there was initial investment it's dried up and he's left a young and talented squad you would be able to achieve greater value from than the initial outlay. Milner a case in point.

Also Celtic actually beat Liverpool when he was manager, at Anfield, so I'd say disregarding that would be silly.

So is he good at buying younger players to sell at a profit or is he good at making teams finish higher in the league? He consistently spent more than the teams around him fighting for those Europa places so was hardly some major achievement.

We beat United numerous times under Rafa - does that make him better than Fergie?
Hammer

6th Oct 10 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's good at both, finishing higher than should be consistently whilst bringing in players that become worth more than they were to start with isn't an easy thing to do.

If Liverpool finish higher than should be they'll be sitting in the top 4 every season and possibly even challenging for the title.

<<  13    14    15    16    17  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Football sponsored by CS was broken 23 database queries in 0.0140369 seconds