corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread

New Poll
  <<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread
fred7

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 12 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wat a terrible race for button but well diresta for holding out
Marc

22nd Apr 12 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope Lotus/Raikkonen continue to do well.
Nath

22nd Apr 12 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a £2 E/W bet on Grosjean for the drivers championship @ 80/1. Keep it up you lovely Frog.
noshua

22nd Apr 12 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I got a £2 E/W bet on Grosjean for the drivers championship @ 80/1. Keep it up you lovely Frog.

I don't understand this gambling malarky, what does an each way bet @ 80/1 for Grosjean mean? I.e. what results will see you get a payout and how much for each?
Nath

22nd Apr 12 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
quote:
Originally posted by Nath

I don't understand this gambling malarky, what does an each way bet @ 80/1 for Grosjean mean? I.e. what results will see you get a payout and how much for each?

It's two bets. One £2 on the win @ 80/1.

One £2 bet on him finishing 1st/2nd/3rd. The odds go down by 1/5 for every place he finishes lower than first.

It probably won't win but 80/1 was long and worth a punt.

Jamie-C

22nd Apr 12 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking McLaren and there shitty pitstops again. FFS, every time! No wonder Hamilton hasn't signed a new contract yet.

Good job from the Lotus Renault team, was happy to see them up there. Wasn't the usual boring Bahrain race we usual get
Ben G

22nd Apr 12 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by HarleyMK
Same wheel same problem 2 times??? Not Lewis's day today

more than likely they fucked the thread first time and ruined it for the rest of the stops.

rosberg was a bit of a cunt pushing alonso and hamilton off the track. dangerous.
Jamie-C

22nd Apr 12 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has any decision been made on that yet? Was to be investigated after the race. Hopefully he gets 20 second penalty for both incidents!
Nath

22nd Apr 12 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loved the way Lewis just kept his foot planted and carried on
Jamie-C

22nd Apr 12 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd love to see an on board shot to see if he actually lifted at all
Ben G

22nd Apr 12 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably not. massive bollocks.
Rob E

22nd Apr 12 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its been an awesome championship so far, 4 race, 4 different winners with 7 different teams on the podium. The blow diffuser ban has really evened the field out. Its nice to see the drivers have to rely a lot more on getting the car set up well. I think Barcelona in 3 weeks time will be a game changer. Its where most teams bring large updates to the car
Rob_Quads

22nd Apr 12 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the betting Hamilton gets a penalty due to going off the track and making an overtake by doing so.

McLaren is killing it self with the pit-stops. Hamilton was stopped for something like 12.1, Massa for 3.2. Between this and last race they have cost them selves multiple places. It Killed hamiltons race completely. 2nd (not that I think he would have kept it) down to 6th or something.
JonnyJ

22nd Apr 12 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you look at the time he lost in the pitlane he would have easily finished 5th if not higher (as he wouldnt have been fucking around overtaking slower guys like Massa etc.

Fucking need to sort their pitstops out Mclaren, happening too often now. Drivers work their arse off to open out a few seconds and its all blown to bits in the pits. Must be frustrating as hell for Hamilton and Button.

Loved Hamilton's overtake on Rosberg. "push me off will you, no worries, I'll just keep it planted on the dusty and dirty concrete"
Daveskater
Premium Member

22nd Apr 12 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rosberg completely clear

http://thef1times.com/news/display/05891

TL;DR - because he moved over before Hamilton/Alonso were alongside him, he can't be done for pushing them off the track.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Daveskater
Premium Member

22nd Apr 12 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Schumacher basically saying that the whole idea of this year's Pirelli's is bad because it means they can't go flat out all the time - http://thef1times.com/news/display/05893

He might as well say "I want Bridgestone back".

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Rob E

22nd Apr 12 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
Schumacher basically saying that the whole idea of this year's Pirelli's is bad because it means they can't go flat out all the time - http://thef1times.com/news/display/05893

He might as well say "I want Bridgestone back".

I think thats Schumacher spitting his dummy out as before his retirement he did a lot of development work with Bridgestone so the tyres were pretty much tailored to his liking. If he didnt like them he would tell them to change the compound and boom, heres your request Mr Schumacher!
Daveskater
Premium Member

22nd Apr 12 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, that's what I hear. I didn't really follow F1 at all before last year so don't know too much history. Hopefully when he wakes up tomorrow he'll realise how stupid a comment that was

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Rob_Quads

22nd Apr 12 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
Rosberg completely clear

http://thef1times.com/news/display/05891

TL;DR - because he moved over before Hamilton/Alonso were alongside him, he can't be done for pushing them off the track.

I didn't think he would get one for Hamilton for sure because its just the closing speed that hamilton has that meant he went off the track. When Rosberg got to the side of the track hamilton was still behind him. Hamilton 'could' have braked and stayed on the track. Was surprised he did not get done for gaining a place which i did not think you could to by going off the track
Rob E

22nd Apr 12 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back in 2006 when Schumacher was king of the F1 paddock, Ferrari and himself had Bridgestone eating out of the palm of their hands. It was most probably down to publicity they could gain. Michelin did exactly the same with Renault and Alonso that year too. If either of them didn't like the feel of the a tyre they would ask the tyre manufacturer to redesign it for them. I think its part of the reason why Pirelli have to use drivers who are not competing in the championship to test their tyres. That way no driver or team gets an advantage over the field and hence a possible reason why Ferrari's performance has not been quite so superior since Bridgestone left the sport

[Edited on 22-04-2012 by Rob E]
Kyle T
Premium Member

23rd Apr 12 at 10:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to be awkward and agree with Schumi on this one

I think the results of the races so far have been deceiving, and at a glance suggest that the season is very competetive. I believe it's more to do with the fact that nobody understands the 2012 Pirelli's yet, and each race is more like a lottery of which car is setup to best use the tyres in the track temperatures on the day.

You just need to see how FP, Qual and Race times are varying for the teams to realise how sensitive these tyres are to the atmospheric conditions - and although it's led to unusual race results, different winners and a tight championship table - I think it's all for the wrong reasons, seeing the "pinnacle of motorsport" and its greatest teams guessing how the tyres will respond isn't fun.

There is no way that RBR could get their car from low Q3/High Q2 to Pole Position in a single week whilst moving from China to Bahrain. Historically the results of race weekend one normally carry through quite consistently till' the european season as the teams just get no development time, though this year we've seen some massive variety on race winners and point scorers - which demonstrates to me that the results right now are too heavily influenced by an external factor.

It looks great I'm sure for the casual fairweather F1 fans who tune in every now and then to see people being overtaken by 7 cars in a lap and shit like that - but I'm not really enjoying it tbh.

The bridgestones were technically brilliant, perfect in fact - and I don't doubt for a moment that Pirelli could compete - but Pirelli were specifically asked to produce these cheese tyres, they've done what was asked of them to be fair. I just don't consider it racing, the drivers aren't pushing the cars at all anymore on a sunday, and it's even impacting the track action on a saturday too with many teams not even running to preserve tyres - that's stupid.

I think the two-stage tyre is a good idea, there should be point where the lap time is suddenly 5-6 seconds slower as the tyre has just died, but the gradual degredation up until that point needs to be curbed.

I'm sure given enough testing time that Pirelli could produce a tyre which acted very bridgestone like for 10-15 laps, slipped to 80% performance at 16 laps, 60% at 17 and then at the 18th lap for example the performance just vanishes, forcing the pit stop and allowing for tactical choice between options and prime to change up the pitstop strategies. Right now we've got tyres being destroyed from a single qualifying lap...

Bridgestones didn't work because you could do 60 qualifying laps on the soft tyre and still finish the race There needs to be a middle ground between the consistency of the Potenzas and the twostage lifecycle of the Pirellis - all IMO of course, but I sincerely hope that more drivers start ranting about this to the world media over the 2012 season.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Rob_Quads

23rd Apr 12 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
There is no way that RBR could get their car from low Q3/High Q2 to Pole Position in a single week whilst moving from China to Bahrain. Historically the results of race weekend one normally carry through quite consistently till' the european season as the teams just get no development time, though this year we've seen some massive variety on race winners and point scorers - which demonstrates to me that the results right now are too heavily influenced by an external factor.

IMO this is where the biggest change is - development. Historically there was not much development between events. Now there is an absolute bucket load done. Even in 1 week.
RB made some small but what many think were very 'fast' changes to their car this weekend. Its very possible to find 0.2+ of a second through some change in the aero etc. That combined with changes around exhausts & other bits you can make some major changes i.e. they may be funnelling that air (sorry cooling their driver) somewhere else like the front wing. Suddenly you can take the corner much quicker
Dom

30th Apr 12 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Mark Webber is the number one candidate to replace Ferrari's Felipe Massa. Although his contract with the Italian teams hasn't been signed, he may have already established a preliminary agreement for 'incorporation' in 2013.

Article Here

So apparently El Confidencial has on strong authority that Webber has signed a pre-contract to move over to Ferrari come 2013.
It's certainly not surprising as it has been rumoured for the last season or two as Red Bull are trying to bring in 'fresh' blood to the team, so there's no doubt a bit of pressure from them to get rid of him. Unfortunately for Webber though is that he'll still being playing the number 2 driver albeit for a poorer (unless Ferrari have something amazing for the 2013) performing car and team.

However, Mugello testing starts tomorrow so it'll be interesting to see what the teams bring alone. Bit of a shame there is no live coverage though
noshua

1st May 12 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of a shame for Webber but no doubt he's not 100% happy at RB. Shame he hasn't been in a position to take the title, I don't think he has the pace to consistently win throughout the season. 2010 was close but I reckon Vettel taking the title led to him being less favoured for the 2011 season which would explain how far away from the title he was.

No doubt he will go into Ferrari and be in the same situation though. RB sound like they're going to be in the same situation as they currently are if Webber moves; someone consistent enough to give them enough points to win the championship but not consistent enough to win the title.
Daveskater
Premium Member

9th May 12 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New nose design for McLaren, which they're probably going to use this weekend.

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12433/7741668/

A little less sexy than the original design, but still far better than the Merc

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures

<<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0195920 seconds