corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread

New Poll
  <<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread
Aaron

User status: Offline
1st Feb 14 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think i've looked forward to an F1 season more than i have this one. It would be awesome for a team out of the big 3 or 4 to get some early success, even if they get overtaken (no pun intended) by the biggies later on
Dom

1st Feb 14 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good stat that was mentioned in yesterday's Notebook - the flat bed truck has done more laps than RBR

Edit - Brawn is retiring from F1 - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/mclaren/10611909/Ross-Brawn-announces-retirement-from-Formula-One-to-end-speculation-linking-him-with-McLaren.html.
Gutting Not just because McLaren could have done with him but because he was a genius at being a Team Principal and exploiting the rulebook.

Looks like Boullier is going to be sticking around though

[Edited on 01-02-2014 by Dom]
fred7

3rd Feb 14 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dom why the face palm about boullier? Look what he did at lotus with next to no funds and the drivers he had? Surely its a good thing for mclaren?
fred7

3rd Feb 14 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been reading that vettle has been blamed for 50 million less viewers than the previous years! Defo gave up when hes just winning all the time. Still watch but not to bothered.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112399

[Edited on 03-02-2014 by fred7]
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Feb 14 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Goes without saying does that really, most "casuals" only care about the WDC then they're done.

Still no reason for gimmicky point multipliers at the end of the season though!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

3rd Feb 14 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was pretty poor towards the end but i still recorded and watched every single practice session, every quali and every race

Plenty of stuff happening behind Vettel
fred7

3rd Feb 14 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i remember rite half way through they stopped showing him for alot of the time. Some decent racing behind on SOME races but always better when its up front. The double points its stupid
Graeme
Premium Member

9th Feb 14 at 08:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was talking to a guy on Friday night at the pub who works at red bull.

Said the mapping and electronics on the Renault engine wasn't very good. Redbull had to take it all and redo it them selves.

There cooling issue was Deffinatly just to tight packaging.

Also mercedes have blown up a few engines and they don't know exactly why.
fred7

9th Feb 14 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When were these engines blown up? Dont remember any at testing?
Ben G

9th Feb 14 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will have been on an engine dyno at a guess.
p

9th Feb 14 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't seen much of testing. Can anyone on here give a quick review?

They off to Bahrain next, right?
Dave

9th Feb 14 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mercedes looks to be the best engine, both Merc and McLaren seem fast and put in lots of laps. The Renault engined cars, most notably Red Bull, are really struggling, RBR have lots of problems, next test should give a better picture though.
fred7

9th Feb 14 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats great then blowing engines on dyno instead of in the cars on the track or setting fires every other lap.
Tiger

14th Feb 14 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Simona De Silvestro: Sauber sign female IndyCar driver

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/26190138
p

14th Feb 14 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wood.
Ben G

14th Feb 14 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Her indycar record isn't exactly amazing yet another example of a woman getting fast tracked to glory due to having tits and a fanny.
Dom

14th Feb 14 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm still not convinced the talent is there for F1 within the current crop of female drivers (worth keeping an eye on vicky piria and carmen jorda ) and i'd be surprised if she gets the 2015 seat even if she is the best of the female drivers to trial for F1 in recent years (had a few decent races last year from what i caught of Indy).
Hopefully i'm wrong though.

Was also reading that Katherine Legge joined Formula-E - be interesting to see how she gets on, been a bit pants in recent years at Indy
Dom

14th Feb 14 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
yet another example of a woman getting fast tracked to glory due to having tits and a fanny.

Granted there's a marketing opportunity with having a female in F1 but it's certainly not as narrow-minded as "Got boobs? Got muff? You're in!"

And De Silvestro does appear to have some talent, granted she isn't lighting up the results board (although she did well in Atlantic Champ Car) but compared to recent female drivers who have tested like Susie Wolff (Toto didn't help to get her in what so ever ), Maria De Villota or Katherine Legge, she's friggin' amazing

[Edited on 14-02-2014 by Dom]
fred7

18th Feb 14 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Testing starts again tomorrow. Anyone know anything new from the last few days build up? Surely redbull will be back up front again. I know still a little early in testing but bahrain is a more true show of force?
JonnyJ

18th Feb 14 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Red Bull will have to spend at least the first day or two just running the simple run in tests that all non Renault teams did over the 4 days of Jerez, whilst the rest focus on performance. Should get a bit more of an indicator on performance, pretty much everyone will be bringing an upgrade package.
Dom

18th Feb 14 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fred7
Testing starts again tomorrow. Anyone know anything new from the last few days build up? Surely redbull will be back up front again. I know still a little early in testing but bahrain is a more true show of force?

RBR have apparently sorted the 'bodywork burning' issue they had in Jerez (HERE) and Renault have apparently done a lot of work on the engine (HERE), although it looks like they might ask for permission to do in-season engine modifications (same as they did with the V8; came back 'fixed' with more power ).

I doubt we'll see anything spectacular in terms of performance in this test, rather i suspect majority of teams will carry on testing reliability and aero packages.
We might get more of a look-in with performance next week at the third test but it won't be 'til Australia before we know what's what.

On another note, Pirelli are going to test a new compound of tyre for the upcoming tyre-warmer ban (HERE) - will be interesting to see how drivers react to this although i think it's a bit of a non-issue tbh.

And Lotus did a media day with the E22 (well, bits of the E22 on last years chassis); nose looks fugly - http://i.imgur.com/rgq1EvL.jpg

Edit - Driver schedule for testing - http://i.imgur.com/tCM2agz.png

[Edited on 18-02-2014 by Dom]
fred7

19th Feb 14 at 06:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great catch up post Dom! Thanks
JonnyJ

19th Feb 14 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

180 minutes in...No Red Bull.

But they might be out shortly according to their twitter
fred7

19th Feb 14 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh i seen they have started the engine. Magnussen quickest so far as well!
Rob_Quads

19th Feb 14 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"Red Bull had promised to be out soon a good few hours ago. I'm beginning to feel that when it comes to measuring a period of time, their definition of "soon" is frustratingly familiar to that of my wife's."

lol

<<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0125670 seconds