corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Election Night - Real time chat (almost)

New Poll
  <<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Election Night - Real time chat (almost)
John

User status: Offline
10th May 10 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He doesn't have any valid points.

Labour and Gordon Brown stay as leaders while it's being worked out, it's as simple as that, what other way would you like to do it?
ed

10th May 10 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He would like people to listen to stupid rants about bums lips and how good Hitler is.
Steve
Premium Member

10th May 10 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
He doesn't have any valid points.

Labour and Gordon Brown stay as leaders while it's being worked out, it's as simple as that, what other way would you like to do it?

him staying in power until this is sorted isnt the issue in my eyes, its him staying in power indefinatly after this when he shouldn't be, based on a cobbled together bodge of a government
ed

10th May 10 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's not staying in power indefinitely. He's resigned for fucks sake.
Hammer

10th May 10 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve you used to be quite clever and own a nice Fabia, you were even humping Lawrah for a while. Couple of years on you appear to be slightly less clever and own an old Ford.

Are you ok mate?
Ian
Site Administrator

10th May 10 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he's able to negotiate a coalition then he can legally be there.

It's not his fault the system allows that.

I did see an interesting interview the other day, can't remember who with but the guy was commenting how during his campaign people were talking about the economy, jobs, health care, education, no one mentioned parliamentary reform.
Steve
Premium Member

10th May 10 at 22:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes exactly ian, the very faqct hes allowed to do it legally is the annoying thing, and shows that he/labour doesnt really have the voters interests at heart and are just thinking of themselves
Steve
Premium Member

10th May 10 at 22:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apart from Ian I dont actually seeing anyone making any valid responsive points here, just people throwing around baiting comments

I dont have any problem with objective views so lets here them,

Why should a party who in the simplist terms, came 2nd in the general election stay in power, clearly more people want conservatives in power, democracy in its most basic form would demand they come to power

[Edited on 10-05-2010 by Steve]
John

10th May 10 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you miss the part Ian pointed out nobody cared about parliamentary reform before this and now it's all everybody is worried about
Steve
Premium Member

10th May 10 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only because the situation hangs on these liberals, which seem to only want to support a party which promises that, which is wrong.

76% of people didnt vote Liberal Democrats, meaning 76% of people dont give a fuck about PR.

If liberal democrats cared about what the voter is wanting, they wouldnt put PR so high on there agenda
Hammer

10th May 10 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What serious discussion are you wanting to initiate here Steve?

The election is run the way it is run, every party falls under the same set of rules and they are all aware of them before a ball is kicked.
Steve
Premium Member

10th May 10 at 22:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not here to discuss the voting system, i dont think its particularly right, but thats what we are stuck with.

what im saying is the we are left with a vote, which to some extent still shows what the public would prefer, the politicians should take a step back, like labour John Reid did, and say yep we came effectively 2nd we arent the most popular in the public eye, we should let the party that did come top have a go, yes maybe technically they can still cling on and cobble together a majority, but its wrong and they should see that
Nath

10th May 10 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
only because the situation hangs on these liberals, which seem to only want to support a party which promises that, which is wrong.

76% of people didnt vote Liberal Democrats, meaning 76% of people dont give a fuck about PR.

If liberal democrats cared about what the voter is wanting, they wouldnt put PR so high on there agenda

Lib Dem had 6m votes
Labour had 8m

Labour have 251 more seats.

How is that fair?

The Lib Dem have a big say and they deserve it tbh.
Steve
Premium Member

10th May 10 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my point was to show that the public arent really interested in PR, wether the lib dems have a big say or not, PR is high on there agenda, not the general voters, as the results show

not saying they dont have a say, but i dont think they should have a big enough say as to who runs the country, that job should be the voters

Hammer

10th May 10 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
my point was to show that the public arent really interested in PR, wether the lib dems have a big say or not, PR is high on there agenda, not the general voters, as the results show

not saying they dont have a say, but i dont think they should have a big enough say as to who runs the country, that job should be the voters

The long and short of it right now is, if Labour trumps the Tories offer on Parliamentary Reform then they'll be partnering them in government. Brown is gone and that was the second of the two stipulations they appear to have.

Just now the Lib Dems are appeasing their backbenches by showing they are going to go about this by taking stock of their options and they're also showing Cameron if he isn't willing to cut them some slack on the Parliamentary Reform that they want then they'll favour Labour.

The biggest problem for Labour just now is the fact even if they do manage to get the Lib Dems on side they still fall short of a majority.
Steve
Premium Member

10th May 10 at 22:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personally think a lib-lab govt would be the weakest and worst option going.

A conservative majority, a labour majority, a lib dems majority, a lib dems-cons majority, all stronger and better goverments then this lab-lib bodge that is a possibility, its a losers coalition
Colin

10th May 10 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this still going on
Steve
Premium Member

10th May 10 at 22:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like you say hammer if Labour and Libs come together then they still dont get a majority, that means they will have to pull nationalist parties from around the country, the result of this would be in Parliament, members of welsh, scottish nationalists etc pulling policies, objecting and only agreeing to certain stuff on there terms if there standing countries are going to benefit and get tax cuts etc, it would turn into a big mess

Hammer

10th May 10 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Is this still going on

I like it. Even the least interested people in politics know what a hung parliament is now.

I had a guy in work, just out the jail for serious assualt and with his socks pulled over his joggies, ask me what I thought of a co-allition government
Steve
Premium Member

10th May 10 at 22:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apart from the yanks they still cant grasp it, i hear Arnold Schwarzenegger (sp) rang up Cameron when the elction results were announced to congratulate him had to be told he hadnt actually won
Ojc

11th May 10 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to loose my rag in here soon.

You fucking Liberal bastards need to go look yourselves in the mirror, if it was up to you we'd be defenceless and spending our days like Bill Oddy.

I'm going fucking nuts, Hammer & John have their own agendas, they believe they are Liberal but fully support the killing innocent civilians and British soldiers so anything they say on here is hogwash dirty pair of cunts.
mwg

11th May 10 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Is this still going on

They couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery never mind sort out who is going to run the country.
Steve
Premium Member

11th May 10 at 08:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those scots need to fix up look sharp
mwg

11th May 10 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sort them out Steve
Ojc

11th May 10 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone at work is in agreement that this how fucking farce is a joke, Conservatives won the election with the most votes therefore they should be in power.

Nobody wants Labour in power now they should do us a favour and fuck off rather than pissing everyone off.

I'm fucking raging about this, I'm gonna smash your face in Steve.

<<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Election Night - Real time chat (almost) 22 database queries in 0.0490382 seconds