corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***

New Poll
  <<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Nov 10 at 16:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right who here wants a kiss?
mwg

17th Nov 10 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
My Ps3 is on and working! Whats the best way to orientate it to avoid the YLOD? standing up or lying down?

WTF
Paul_J

17th Nov 10 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
My Ps3 is on and working! Whats the best way to orientate it to avoid the YLOD? standing up or lying down?

It isn't an Xbox FFS Paul, you dont have to wrap it in a towel or stand it in a certain way to avoid it breaking.

My xbox has been seriously reliable... but ebay is full of broken ps3's so I don't want mine to fall foul to it.

The Ps3 gets the YLOD of death because it overheats the solder on the board and the solder moves away from the CPU... to fix this, you lay the board down upside down and heat it to reflow the solder back into position...

THEREFORE ... there's bound to be an orientation that causes it more when it gets hot.

[Edited on 17-11-2010 by Paul_J]
Steve
Premium Member

17th Nov 10 at 16:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to fit the Amiga Chipset
JonnyJ

17th Nov 10 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:

It isn't an Xbox FFS Paul, you dont have to wrap it in a towel or stand it in a certain way to avoid it breaking.

My xbox has been seriously reliable... but ebay is full of broken ps3's so I don't want mine to fall foul to it.

The Ps3 gets the YLOD of death because it overheats the solder on the board and the solder moves away from the CPU... to fix this, you lay the board down upside down and heat it to reflow the solder back into position...

THEREFORE ... there's bound to be an orientation that causes it more when it gets hot.

[Edited on 17-11-2010 by Paul_J]

Mine was laid down for years and didnt get YLOD until i smashed it with my fist after getting killed on COD

My advice would be, put it in any position you like but try not to get angry with it
chris_uk
Premium Member

17th Nov 10 at 16:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines been on its side for years, never a problem...

steve, you can suck my dick, i dont fancy a kiss.
Butler

17th Nov 10 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant wait to kick your arse chris_uk on my broken DFP
chris_uk
Premium Member

17th Nov 10 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
I cant wait to kick your arse chris_uk on my broken DFP

chris_uk
Premium Member

17th Nov 10 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now im home i feel i can put up a better fight! lol

graphics of forza and GT5.

This (forza 3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvsmSjzKxyY

doesnt look as good as

this (gt5)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSJcZSP05Cs&feature=player_embedded

interior in GT5 is of much higher quality
exterior of gt5 is a bit better, i thought the exteriors on forza were not that bad
JonnyJ

17th Nov 10 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon i could beat you all using my d-pad. Easy.
Ben D

17th Nov 10 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just picked up my New PS3 form my Mum's and noticed i still have GT5 prologue from when i bought my old Ps3... My have a play on this to get me into the mood
Steve
Premium Member

17th Nov 10 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes the interiors of f3 were pretty ropey, but then at least all were modelled lol
chris_uk
Premium Member

17th Nov 10 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
yes the interiors of f3 were pretty ropey, but then at least all were modelled lol

yea they did they had 400 or so interiors which where 'ropey' basically they were shit. but your right at least they where there..

GT5 has 220 cars which are of a quality that is refered to as next gen. and then 800 extra cars that they ported over, updated etc which lack on the quality side of things, i would say there cars are under par with the forza 3 cars.

end of the day i bought the xbox & forza and played it on a good tele (1080p 100hz etc etc) and it did not look graphically as good as gt5 prologue/academy there is no ifs or buts, it just didnt. whether i had my tv setup correctly i dont know.

and with the physics, i have played a lot or racing games over the years and i feel i have a good idea of how a car should behave in certain situations and again.. forza 3 is not as good as GT5 Prologue, its not bad by any means, it has implemented alot of realistic features in forza but none of them where intergrated in a realistic fashion..
Steve
Premium Member

17th Nov 10 at 17:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

r u going mad? i am, we r both going mad, how do you feel about that?
3CorsaMeal

17th Nov 10 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i can vouch for the corrado interior in forza 3

i own a corrado btw

[Edited on 17-11-2010 by 3CorsaMeal]
chris_uk
Premium Member

17th Nov 10 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
quote:

i can vouch for the corrado interior in forza 3

i own a corrado btw

[Edited on 17-11-2010 by 3CorsaMeal]

what that its ropey?
chris_uk
Premium Member

17th Nov 10 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
r u going mad? i am, we r both going mad, how do you feel about that?

i want a hug
Paul_J

17th Nov 10 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't play with the interiors on anyway it's a nice to have, but really distracting with the wheel being turned incorrectly infront of you.

I've just been playing my ps3 gtprologue.

I was thinking 'this is a bit pants' ... the wheel had no real feel at all and in a fwd car it was hard to know when it was going to understeer.

Then I bought an integra type R and it was completely different ... good fun!

Then I tried the m3 and it was alright, but a bit easy.

Then got a NSX-R and had a laugh.

Quite looking forward to the game coming out now, although the graphics aren't as great as I expected (very flat feeling, e.g. tarmac looks flat coloured (no light reflection etc)) and the menu is so slow and annoying.

e.g. In Forza, I can go sell a car, buy a car, tune the car all in the space of time it takes GT5 to load the garage and sell a car, then return to menu and autosave... yawn.

Also I like the fact forza lets you pick the car you want to use just before you start a race and if you want to switch cars you can just go back one step and change it. Also in Forza you don't have to quit the race to change settings or increase / decrease audio etc.

I also miss the quick rewind button ... Near the end of a 3 lap race... getting bored... start throwing the car about... oops spin off end up backwards on grass... LOSE RACE FFFFUUUUU ...

Chris, questions.
How do I get the clutch to work?
How do I get the paddle shift to work?
chris_uk
Premium Member

17th Nov 10 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do I get the clutch to work?

press the top button on the shifter after the 3 2 1 go bit.

How do I get the paddle shift to work?

manual gearboxes use the 6 spd, sequential uses the paddels and the autos dont use anything..

its all selected automatically for you.

i think you can force sequential if you set it on the gear stick
chris_uk
Premium Member

17th Nov 10 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the cars are setup pretty shit i think i remember to start with, you really need to fettle them in settings, the gear ratios for some reason are sometimes way fucking wrong, god knows why.

DannyB
Premium Member

17th Nov 10 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread is full of true gamers of the highest order
chris_uk
Premium Member

17th Nov 10 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nubby Ring - 24hr day/night - toyota ft86

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFLb5btwyNU
FruitBooTeR

17th Nov 10 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sebastian Vettel driving GT5 RedbullX1 prototype at Nürburgring GP Course -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu5UvgIcMOg
Nath

17th Nov 10 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you look in the mirror and say 'Forza' three times I heard that Steve stops being blinkered and gives a fair assessment.
mwg

17th Nov 10 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some people take gaming too seriously and should just go out and drive a real car.

<<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >>

New Poll