corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Fergie

New Poll
  <<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fergie
DC90

User status: Offline
9th May 13 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I just can't get excited about Moyes. I expected a big name and big ego to come in... I will back him though.

The more I think about it the more I think it's a great idea. There's no doubt that he will stick around for as long as he is welcome which is the main thing. He will get the very best out of the players, which is something SAF was the best at and out team isn't full of world class players so that's very important. It will definitely be a tough couple of seasons but I hope everyone backs Moyes because I think he has the potential to last.

At first I was quite unsure about Moyes, but I'm in the same boat as you, the more I get used to the idea the happier I am about him coming over. It's not as if he's getting thrown into this job with no support. He's a solid manager with a world class team behind him. He definitely deserves a chance and he's got my support.
Whittie

9th May 13 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The reason that could be, is because he's only managed Barcelona, Steve.
JonnyJ

9th May 13 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a good appointment, i dont see the issue with it, unless you want your club to turn into a Chelsea/Man City/Real Madrid circus?

The idea that Utd will suddenly plummet to mid table, below clubs like Swansea, West Ham and Liverpool is ridiculous. Moyes has proved himself at Everton to be a more than capable manager, hes had them finish in the top 4 once and although he hasnt won anything he has taken them to cup finals. He also has a good record of bringing through youth players, something you cant say for Jose Mourinho and this will fit the Man Utd ethos perfectly.

The one thing though that i expect to see change though is just how ruthless Utd have been under Ferguson, but that would have changed no matter who you put in charge. They've been a win grinding out machine at times this year and i think we'll see Utd drawing games they would have won this season, next season. United have had a mentality under Ferguson that they are never beaten, it will be hard to replicate that, but im sure he will be giving Moyes all the advice he can.

As for appointing a big name, making a few big signings and "dominating europe" thats really worked for Real Madrid hasnt it? Big name manager, after big name manager, after big name signing and how many Champion League titles do they have to show for it? They havent won it for 11 years, and that was the last time they made a final.

[Edited on 09-05-2013 by JonnyJ]
mwg

9th May 13 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
Problem with big name ego managers like Mourinho, Guardiola is they dont last.

Guardiola retired from Barca because he was exhausted and needed to recharge his batteries. Get a grip Pep

I think he might have stayed if Mourinho wasn't in the same league playing mind games all the time with him and gouging his assistant managers eye out. That's what did him
Jamie Walby

9th May 13 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think you are talking rubbish Matty
Steve
Premium Member

9th May 13 at 14:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It certainly matches the united ethos more than mourinho
mwg

9th May 13 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
i think you are talking rubbish Matty

usually do
mwg

9th May 13 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the Champions League that bothers me. Ok Fergie only won it a couple of times but we got to numerous semi finals and finals under him.

I hope Moyes comes in and does really well obviously but I'm allowed to have doubts about it I want us to improve in that respect and win the Champions League at least a couple more times in the near future

[Edited on 09-05-2013 by mwg]
Whittie

9th May 13 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically, you want Moyes to win it three times, so you've more than Liverpool...
DC90

9th May 13 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mwg I'm going to spoon you tonight, stroke your hair and whisper in your ear that it's all going to be ok. It sounds like that's what you need
Whittie

9th May 13 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DC90
Mwg I'm going to spoon you tonight, stroke your red hair and whisper in your ear that it's all going to be ok. It sounds like that's what you need

EFA
mwg

9th May 13 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just think we could do better in the CL to say how much we've dominated in the Premier League. And now we're getting a manager that's done diddly squat in the CL so it worries me we won't improve
JonnyJ

9th May 13 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fergie won it twice in 27 years and Utd fans want to win it "at least" a couple more times in the near future

No pressure like Moyes.
mwg

9th May 13 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry for wanting my club to get better at something I don't want us to go backwards
JonnyJ

9th May 13 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think a massive dose of realism is needed though.

Im quite shocked you seem happy to want your club to become another circus, manager merry go round club like Madrid or Chelsea. I see no correlation that says signing a "big name" manager equals instant champions league success, guaranteed. I think doing that would send you backwards more in the long term.

[Edited on 09-05-2013 by JonnyJ]
Steve
Premium Member

9th May 13 at 14:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Manchester United are the only team in the Premier League that act with any dignity and level headedness

[Edited on 09-05-2013 by Steve]
Tommy L

9th May 13 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope Moyes is given an eight year contract...they are brilliant.
mwg

I don't want that at all, I would of liked a big name successful manager to come in and stay for a long time
JonnyJ

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Manchester United are the only team in the Premier League that act with any dignity and level headedness

Looking quite the opposite now. Fans annoyed they havent got a big name because they all want instant success, NOW. Just another club full of the sky generation of football fan now.
Ben G

9th May 13 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

yep, really dignified.

mwg

9th May 13 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All I'm saying is let's use this as an opportunity to try and improve in an area we haven't been as good as we should have been. Nothing wrong with that is there
Nath

9th May 13 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6 year deal
JonnyJ

9th May 13 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I don't want that at all, I would of liked a big name successful manager to come in and stay for a long time

Im pretty sure every club in the world wants that. Show me a club in recent history where this situation has occurred though. Its doesnt because they either come in, fail, and fans who expected instant success under said big name hound him out or in extremely rare circumstances they achieve what they want, then fuck off to the next thing.

I applaud Utd for at least trying to replicate Ferguson, it might work, it might not, but i dont see it as a worse option than the above, which is just as likely to end in tears, if not more, than doing it this way.
Whittie

9th May 13 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Okay, why haven't, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Swansea, Stoke, West Ham, Fulham, Southampton & Norwich not have any dignity nor level headedness?
Steve
Premium Member

9th May 13 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Fergie 23 database queries in 0.0188410 seconds