corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » EU exit or stay?

Poll: EU exit or stay?
LEAVE 65 (63.11%)
STAY 38 (36.89%)

New Poll
  <<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EU exit or stay?
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
23rd Jun 16 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some bellend just posted on facebook "Anyone voting IN today please un-friend me"..

Steve
Premium Member

23rd Jun 16 at 08:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
Steve that quote from Junker is about re-negotiation in the event of Britain voting Leave. He's saying a leave vote would be final and there's no going back.

Nothing to do with reforming the EU while we're in it.

I was correct

http://news.sky.com/story/1715890/eu-chiefs-referendum-warning-out-is-out
3CorsaMeal

23rd Jun 16 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw a mate lastnight who has been strongly an out all along and changed his mind over the last couple of days.

Was showing me a pie chart some stay at home mum had made.

It showed (all on one pie)

The UK contributions to the EU, and then the rest of it was what the EU spends everywhere, so the UK bit looked like a tiny little slice of pie.

I argued it should be one pie chart with all the incomings from everyone and another showing the outgoings, not one income and the rest outgoings.
Cavey

23rd Jun 16 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is no way that was done by a stay at home mum either
3CorsaMeal

23rd Jun 16 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably crafted it from bits of old cereal boxes, that's their skill set, no wonder no one wants to employ them
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Jun 16 at 08:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive seen that post too, blatantly not a stay at home mu, yet most people are too thick between the ears and believe everything they see on FB

3CorsaMeal

23rd Jun 16 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the Leave group have nothing to lose really.

I won't mind if it ends up we remain as that's all i've ever known anyway.
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Jun 16 at 08:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We will end up remain
DaveyLC

23rd Jun 16 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
I think the Leave group have nothing to lose really.

Yep, Retired pensioners and unemployed racists have very little to lose
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Jun 16 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our school have voted

https://www.facebook.com/SteveJWilliams/videos/10154633174035730/
3CorsaMeal

23rd Jun 16 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Were you hiding?
MoesTavern

23rd Jun 16 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Steve that quote from Junker is about re-negotiation in the event of Britain voting Leave. He's saying a leave vote would be final and there's no going back.

I was correct

No you weren't

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36599300

'Asked about the consequences of a Brexit vote, Mr Juncker made it clear there would be no scope for further negotiations over better terms to try to keep the UK on board'

'It is understood Mr Juncker was not referring to the prospect of future reforms in the event of the UK voting to remain in the EU, something Mr Cameron has insisted will continue, including in the key area of immigration and free movement

But those campaigning for the UK to leave the EU seized on the remarks, with Mr Johnson saying they had "given the game away'

Ben G

23rd Jun 16 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done mine

Currently arguing with my mate who says I should've put the cross in pen as they can rub it out if it's in pencil....

Jesus christ

I did tell him the ballot is completely anonymous nimbus, so they could just print more off and do the vote again themselves, but he was sure they'll rub the cross out on my paper, as he read it on the Internet

These are the people I work with everyday...
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Jun 16 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I was correct

No you weren't

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36599300

'Asked about the consequences of a Brexit vote, Mr Juncker made it clear there would be no scope for further negotiations over better terms to try to keep the UK on board'

'It is understood Mr Juncker was not referring to the prospect of future reforms in the event of the UK voting to remain in the EU, something Mr Cameron has insisted will continue, including in the key area of immigration and free movement

But those campaigning for the UK to leave the EU seized on the remarks, with Mr Johnson saying they had "given the game away'

"it is understood"

Understood by whom? oh the BBC that have been pushing a pro remain agenda from the start?

a quote is a quote, and it cannot be "understood" in any other way, it is quite clear

"So there will be no kind of renegotiation, nor on the agreement we found in February, nor as far as any kind of treaty negotiations are concerned."

That is a direct quote from Mr Juncker

[Edited on 23-06-2016 by Steve]
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Jun 16 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone who thinks the EU is going to be reformed in any meaningful way, is as deluded as those claiming europe will be a muslim continent by 2030
MoesTavern

23rd Jun 16 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I give up mate, you've lost it
djgritt
Premium Member

23rd Jun 16 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might not bother voting tbh.

Neither side has convinced me with factual information of what will happen either way. I feel uninformed, and therefore not in a position to make a grounded decision.
Ellis

23rd Jun 16 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can anyone provide factual information as to what will happen in the future.

Do you feel uninformed when the weather presenter gets it slightly wrong because they've been predicting the future.

You have to make a best guess at which one you feel provides the best prospects at any vote/referendum.
djgritt
Premium Member

23rd Jun 16 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, totally feel uninformed when it snows after I have decided to wear shorts for the day.

Or, in this case for me, neither side seems to appeal in terms of 'providing the best prospect' as you say.
gavin18787
Premium Member

23rd Jun 16 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still genuinely unsure.

Due to the fact leave is a big unknown gamble I am swaying to remain.
Was looking into the whole nhs situation but everyone seems to be talking shit and have holes in their arguments

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Jun 16 at 13:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And staying isn't a gamble?

Tell us how the country will look whilst being part of the EU in 10 years time? oh you cant, therefore = a gamble.

You can point to the fact that we have been in it for x amount of years, I can point to the fact we were out of it a great deal longer before we joined

[Edited on 23-06-2016 by Steve]
Jimbothebarbarian

23rd Jun 16 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I feel it is better to of tried and failed, than to have never tried at all.
Ellis

23rd Jun 16 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
And staying isn't a gamble?

Tell us how the country will look whilst being part of the EU in 10 years time? oh you cant, therefore = a gamble.

You can point to the fact that we have been in it for x amount of years, I can point to the fact we were out of it a great deal longer before we joined

u mad
MoesTavern

23rd Jun 16 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can we get back to the real issues which are bendy cucumbers and the absolute FACT that there are 9 million turkeys on a boat at Dover waiting to be basted and enter the UK
Shelly
Premium Member

23rd Jun 16 at 13:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Can we get back to the real issues which are bendy cucumbers and the absolute FACT that there are 9 million turkeys on a boat at Dover waiting to be basted and enter the UK

<<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » EU exit or stay? 25 database queries in 0.0177419 seconds