corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Ginger GSI C20XE. Now For Sale *price dropped*

New Poll
  <<  15    16    17    18    19    20    21  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ginger GSI C20XE. Now For Sale *price dropped*
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Jan 12 at 01:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers buddy ill have a look see what i can find
flybikeslee

12th Jan 12 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
Lee feel free to come down and try and get it in/out. Then you can give me all the abuse you want! Haha

or i won't come down and i'll call you a big girl. BIG GIRL
harvey_1066

12th Jan 12 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you cant get the shaft out just take the bottom diff plate off and put the screwdriver between the two cv joints then the one thats not connected to the corsa hub will just pop out, thats how i do all my inner CV joints on my XE corsa when i smash them, as i dont want to get a pry bar in the diff seal as i dont want to damage another set, one of your plannetry gears might have moved or something, having the bottom diff plate off will help putting the new shafts in aswell.,
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

12th Jan 12 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You wouldnt be able to do it if i cant lee. Your just as much of a fanny as i am
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

12th Jan 12 at 12:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers harvey ill do that today whilste i got some spare time.
harvey_1066

12th Jan 12 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just be carefull as you will have a bit of oil coming out, and look after the gasket, i make my own after out of thicker jointing so when ever i take mine off now it doesnt break as standard is about as thick as newspaper
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

12th Jan 12 at 12:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill probly just go get another off vaux if it breaks. Anything i need to look out for when im doing it or is it a case of the cv will come out before anything else could happen? Haha
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

12th Jan 12 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought meself some new parts from vaux,

Hub Nuts

Diff Pan bolt as one was missing

And a bag of disc to hub screws

Ordered one of the 3 sets of hoses i need so they should be here in the next few days

bought a rad, fan, header tank and rev counter clock plug out of the back of some clocks

so progress is going well at the moment
more pics later when i take the diff pan off and pop out the shaft
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

12th Jan 12 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok so i took my diff pan off to see that the inner cv's are touching the inside of the diff like this

so basicly will i be ok to drive the car like it is for a cuple of months untill i can afford a f16 box and shafts?
3i_gaz

12th Jan 12 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no
harvey_1066

12th Jan 12 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats not a good sign as you COULD / WILL be putting horizontal forces onto that verticle spindle, what gearbox and shafts and joints are you using at the moment then?
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

13th Jan 12 at 00:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not a clue harvey. The ones that greg gsi's girl friend was running :/
what inner cv's should i be getting?
harvey_1066

13th Jan 12 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just seems weird, and when your next out try seeing what code is on the gearbox its down just below where the gear selector is, i'l have a look at what mine looks like as iv got to take the bottom of my diff again as iv broke another shaft so i'l compare it to mine, just doesnt look right that picture doesnt,

and well what inner cv joints to get depends on what shafts your running, eg equal length same as uprated 2.0 OR gsi shafts
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

13th Jan 12 at 02:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a f20 box mate if thats what you mean by what code.
What exactly do you mean by equal length shafts?
3i_gaz

13th Jan 12 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

equal length will be a 2 piece shaft on the offside. so the actual driveshafts are.... you guessed it. Equal length.

And never mind the forces, it will just piss all the gearbox oil out anyways and shaft the box
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

13th Jan 12 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well then no there not equal length shafts the drivers side is one solid peice with a inner and outer cv and the passenger side is one solid peice with a inner and outer cv. Thats it. So would i use the original cav inner cv's or would the gsi ones fit?
3i_gaz

13th Jan 12 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as i can remember GSi inners wont go into an F16, 18 or 20
carl roper

13th Jan 12 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need the cavalier mark 2 1.6 diesel inner cv's if your using corsa gsi shafts
Jed D

13th Jan 12 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much was the disc to hub screws mate. iv been missing one for ages, its just one of those things i keep saying i sort but dont
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

13th Jan 12 at 22:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gaz and carl. There the 1.6 petrol mk2 cavvy inner cv's that fit the gsi shafts.
Will be ordering a set next month. Need to get the discs machined down, anyone know anyone that can do that for me?

Also jed do you need any of the screws
Ive got 25 of them. There 12p each of vaux but if your local one doesnt have any in stock you have to buy a pack of 25. Hence me having 25 of the buggers. Ill send you a cuple over if u want mate?
redtopnutta

14th Jan 12 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant believe people were telling you to smash the shit out of it, CV's pop in and out with a oversize circlip, if its not going in theres something stopping it! anyway glad you no what it is now. maybe it will stop people beating the crap out of there diff
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

14th Jan 12 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i can get the fuckers out im going to mesure them up and get myself a set of the correct ones.

Does anyone know anywhere i can get discs machined?
flybikeslee

16th Jan 12 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

machine shop, sure theres one on the industrial estate. or go pay mr smith in range a visit. hes a dab hand
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

16th Jan 12 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers lee. Might go have a word with mr mace. He liked me more than smithy haha

FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

18th Jan 12 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

went to try find a machine shop, only on i could find was asco engeneering and there bloody expensive
so went to auto services and cracked out the die grinder

Before

After

grinded them lips down as you can see so they fit my hubs properly now

Sports Clocks fitted today aswell

Parts Pile getting smaller by the day

Also fitted the MPI fuel pump, that was a bloody pain in the arse tbh

next weeks list
1.get the shafts out finaly
2.get the new cv's fitted
3.Fit shafts back on
4.Fit the rad
5.Fit the ancillery hoses
6.Header tank
7. build up the front end with loom and hubs

then its just a case of buying the breather hoses and coolent hoses
fluids
then run

[Edited on 18-01-2012 by FlaFFy_91]

<<  15    16    17    18    19    20    21  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Ginger GSI C20XE. Now For Sale *price dropped* 23 database queries in 0.0285752 seconds