corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Gus My 1.0 (x14xe) gls daily project, kissed a tree :/ being broken all for sale

New Poll
  <<  15    16    17    18    19  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gus My 1.0 (x14xe) gls daily project, kissed a tree :/ being broken all for sale
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Oct 12 at 17:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry get your car muddles up with Kyleclubs all the time

Sorry buddy!

It's George right? Or am I wrong again?

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
gidged500
Premium Member

25th Oct 12 at 17:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so yesterday i swapped over a few bits from my black corsa to gus (battery and alloys) ready for the mot today so a few pics ...

and out of the garage !

and with my black corsa alloys swapped over ....

and for the MOT

AND IT PASSED
gidged500
Premium Member

25th Oct 12 at 18:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Darryl H
sorry get your car muddles up with Kyleclubs all the time

Sorry buddy!

It's George right? Or am I wrong again?

lol its alright yeah its George
gidged500
Premium Member

25th Oct 12 at 18:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a few bits left to do need to replace the heater matrix as its leaking and remove the remaining glue
Christopher

25th Oct 12 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheeeyyy! Good stuff! Are cesaros staying on gus? Speed lines look awsome on him
ArdenblueDan

25th Oct 12 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done dude it looks great
SimonTW

25th Oct 12 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You missed out an epic portion where I come round and roll around in the water on the floor and in the dark. Fix most of your lights, point the wheels the right way then ram my arm in through your bumper to release the bonnet. That was the best bit. My arms ruined today lol. Congrats on the mot pass!
kennySRi

25th Oct 12 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which wheels are for which corsa? Black one suits the sppedies alot more and the cesaros suit the stripped out white one.

Good work.
Haimsey
Premium Member

26th Oct 12 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yey!
Good job!

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

26th Oct 12 at 15:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad it passed! Good work

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
gidged500
Premium Member

28th Oct 12 at 13:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for all the comments guys ! Cesaros are staying on gus, was going to be temporary but I really like them and the speedlines are staying on the black one.
Once again a massive thanks to Si again as a lot of your work helped gus pass the mot even if you did break my bonnet release cable ha ha.

All hasn't stayed good though :/ was driving home after picking my heater matrix up as my old one was leaking., and my battery light came on very dim and then brighter got it home and it died done a check on the battery and that's fine but the alternator isn't as it's not charging the battery so for now gus is sat doing nothing as the weathers crap :/ hoping to get it fixed on Wednesday and do my heater matrix aswell. Did get some photos before gus got I'll though which I'll post up now
gidged500
Premium Member

28th Oct 12 at 14:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few photos I took on Friday ....

And a random one I like
BeetleGav

28th Oct 12 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That last photo makes it look a load of different shades of white/cream

Do like this motor tho, some cool pics
gidged500
Premium Member

29th Oct 12 at 10:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it needs a good polish it's because some bits have new paint
gidged500
Premium Member

11th Nov 12 at 13:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

little update gus is fixed now, the fault was a wire on the alternator that was loose causing the battery not to be charged :/ also fitted a new heater matrix and thermostat but heaters are still blowing cold :? could be an air lock ? apart from that all is well (bar my eml that im going to find out why its on next week)
kennySRi

19th Nov 12 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car looked clean when i drove past you. Saw the MEN reg and i recognised it but didnt have a clue where from

Glad it's out and about, well done. Tell your mrs to tell her mum not to slam the door on peoples faces when they break down
gidged500
Premium Member

29th Nov 12 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks it is an obvious car to spot what happened with her mum ?
kennySRi

30th Nov 12 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gidged500
thanks it is an obvious car to spot what happened with her mum ?

I bought a saxo and it broke down outside Sam's house on the way home. My mate was driving it and had no battery on his phone to ring me to come back to tow it, so he knocked on her door asking for a phone and her mum just said 'i don't think that's a good idea' and slammed the door on his face

What's next for Gus?
SimonTW

1st Dec 12 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An interesting update to come I think. I found the source of heaters not working problem in about 5 seconds lol!

Pics George!
gidged500
Premium Member

2nd Dec 12 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't think she will have been that rude she's not like that

As for the heaters not working Si found out what was the problem ! I took gus to my local garage to have the heaters done and found some clamps (well Si did) on one of the heater pipes ! Taken gus back to the garage and the mechanic was very embarresed any way a pic !

Christopher

3rd Dec 12 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

glad it was a simple fix! Easy to forget things like that though!!
gidged500
Premium Member

6th Dec 12 at 12:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah just a tad annoying as its been freezing ! Hopefully will be replacing the pads for red or yellow stuff along with new discs for a track day in jan hopefully , and relocate the battery
gidged500
Premium Member

14th Dec 12 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so last night i was driving home hit some ice car started skidding and i came into contact with a tree :/ so this is the mess left

so now all gus is for sale
BeetleGav

14th Dec 12 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gutted, looked so good too! if I wasn't selling mine I'd buy a few parts
Alex_Rally

15th Dec 12 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does it just need a wing and a door ?? is it not worth fixing ??

<<  15    16    17    18    19  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Gus My 1.0 (x14xe) gls daily project, kissed a tree :/ being broken all for sale 24 database queries in 0.0191081 seconds