corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Matches, sponsored by Lionel Richie's Once, Twice, Three times a rapist

New Poll
  <<  15    16    17    18    19    20    21  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend Matches, sponsored by Lionel Richie's Once, Twice, Three times a rapist
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
9th Jan 12 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
no it isn't. i pay £20 a month to watch games on sky.

can you please tell me where i can pay £20 and get flights/trains/stadium tickets and a day off work too please?

oh and £12.50 tv license.

i enjoy watching all football, not just a rejected premier league team.

How isnt it? He doesnt watch the games = Not supporting your club. Watching on tv = Not supporting your club. Whats the difference?
Ben J

9th Jan 12 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
FYI Luton is £18 a ticket. Fulham and Wigan are cheaper. And I've seen Luton in the top flight.

Wigan ST is so cheap its unreal.
JonnyJ

9th Jan 12 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Tbf all this not a proper fan if you don't go is bollocks. I only go to 3/4 games a season. Reason being Emirates is 250 miles away. Round trip and ticket would be about £200 and at weekends i'd rather spend time with my kids. Could nearly buy a Wigan ST for that money too.

Once Alfie's old enough to come to games with me i'll be down Emirates regularly tbh.

No coincidence that Nath/JJ who are regulars at their club support teams in lower divisions who's tickets are £5 a game?

[Edited on 09-01-2012 by Ben J]

lol.
Nath

9th Jan 12 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
FYI Luton is £18 a ticket. Fulham and Wigan are cheaper. And I've seen Luton in the top flight.

Yep. I don't go more often because it's cheap or local. I go more often because it's fucking awesome. Live football is the best. Anybody can take out a SKY sub and say they support such and such a team.
Ben J

9th Jan 12 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yep. I don't go more often because it's cheap or local. I go more often because it's fucking awesome. Live football is the best. Anybody can take out a SKY sub and say they support such and such a team.

I agree. Live footy is amazing. Its a buzz. I'd love to go every week. Don't have the time, and cn't justify the cost.

Although because I don't go as often, probs makes it even more special when I do go.
Ben J

9th Jan 12 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Tbf all this not a proper fan if you don't go is bollocks. I only go to 3/4 games a season. Reason being Emirates is 250 miles away. Round trip and ticket would be about £200 and at weekends i'd rather spend time with my kids. Could nearly buy a Wigan ST for that money too.

Once Alfie's old enough to come to games with me i'll be down Emirates regularly tbh.

No coincidence that Nath/JJ who are regulars at their club support teams in lower divisions who's tickets are £5 a game?

lol.

What's funny JJ?
Nath

9th Jan 12 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think JJ was mainly aiming that at people like Nic Barnes anyway.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jan 12 at 13:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leave me alone
Nath

9th Jan 12 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jamie Walby

9th Jan 12 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

can you please tell me where i can pay £20 and get flights/trains/stadium tickets and a day off work too please?

How isnt it? He doesnt watch the games = Not supporting your club. Watching on tv = Not supporting your club. Whats the difference?

I understand your point but what if you just cannot afford to go?

JonnyJ

9th Jan 12 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTW Ben, you seem to have taken what i said as a dig at you when it really wasnt. I can imagine its not exactly easy for you to get to games given your location, yet you do still make any that are round locally, thats pretty respectable, especially considering the rip off that premiership football is.

I make a hell of a lot of sacrifices to go to York games and its nowhere near as cheap as you think. Between us me and my 2 mates who go regularly to York worked out we splashed out £4.5k between us. 1.5k each.

So my options are, have a few nice holidays abroad a year. Or watch York. I would always pick the latter.
Jamie Walby

9th Jan 12 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cost me the best part of £1000 to go to Barcelona to watch Arsenal last year. Holiday and live football in one hit.
JonnyJ

9th Jan 12 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
quote:
quote:

Again there are a few exceptions, if you literally have zero disposable income after your bills/essentials then you dont have much choice but how many people are REALLY in that position? The same people that preach they cannot afford to go will still sit in a pub and spend £50 on beer, whilst watching the game on tv. Theres your ticket right there. If you really care that much, you'll make sacrifices.
Ben J

9th Jan 12 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
BTW Ben, you seem to have taken what i said as a dig at you when it really wasnt. I can imagine its not exactly easy for you to get to games given your location, yet you do still make any that are round locally, thats pretty respectable, especially considering the rip off that premiership football is.

I make a hell of a lot of sacrifices to go to York games and its nowhere near as cheap as you think. Between us me and my 2 mates who go regularly to York worked out we splashed out £4.5k between us. 1.5k each.

So my options are, have a few nice holidays abroad a year. Or watch York. I would always pick the latter.

Don't worry. Didn't take offence. Was just putting my point of view across. Not being able to watch Arsenal much annoys me generally tbh. Especially when I see my father in law and brother in law who are are ST holders at United, but they are the most boring pair of fans i've ever met. They NEVER go away games either, when IMO (for Arse anyway) atmosphere is better.

They never sing, wear colours etc etc. Infact their whole section is boring as fuck. I've been with them. Its wank.

Yet heres me who can't go to see my team. So annoying.

And I agree. I would definatly sacrifice our holiday each year to have a season watching Arsenal. Not sure the wife would agree tho.

Jamie Walby

9th Jan 12 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
quote:
quote:

Again there are a few exceptions, if you literally have zero disposable income after your bills/essentials then you dont have much choice but how many people are REALLY in that position? The same people that preach they cannot afford to go will still sit in a pub and spend £50 on beer, whilst watching the game on tv. Theres your ticket right there. If you really care that much, you'll make sacrifices.

Yeah I can go for that. I go watch Bournemouth play semi regularly as its normally £20 for a ticket and a few beers. Cheap day out with a few mates.

If I want to go to Arsenal, the day out with tickets travel and beer money sets me back £200 at least. Plus I only get 2 Saturdays off a month so its much easier for me to go watch Steve Fletcher
Russ

9th Jan 12 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've not seen wolves since last April when we played fulham and drew 1-1. Was so drunk cant remember a thing about it
JonnyJ

9th Jan 12 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Don't worry. Didn't take offence. Was just putting my point of view across. Not being able to watch Arsenal much annoys me generally tbh. Especially when I see my father in law and brother in law who are are ST holders at United, but they are the most boring pair of fans i've ever met. They NEVER go away games either, when IMO (for Arse anyway) atmosphere is better.

They never sing, wear colours etc etc. Infact their whole section is boring as fuck. I've been with them. Its wank.

Yet heres me who can't go to see my team. So annoying.

And I agree. I would definatly sacrifice our holiday each year to have a season watching Arsenal. Not sure the wife would agree tho.

My "lol" btw was at £5 a ticket, i fucking wish

Although it did cost me £3 to get in at Histon once, but only because the bloke put us down as "Under 16" I'm 25 and my mate is 27
Cavey

9th Jan 12 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really should of gone to watch West Ham at pride park, or at hillsbrough this last couple of games, but couldn't afford and had to look after the littlun.

The derby match was 34 quid a ticket, not sure what yesterday was, but its Fucking expensive!
JonnyJ

9th Jan 12 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
I really should of gone to watch West Ham at pride park, or at hillsbrough this last couple of games, but couldn't afford and had to look after the littlun.

The derby match was 34 quid a ticket, not sure what yesterday was, but its Fucking expensive!

See, whilst £34 is a massive rip off, when you put it into the context that me and Nath pay just over half that to watch FUCKING SHITE conference football, its not too bad Non league is the biggest rip off in the world. They need to adopt Ben's pricing policy.
Conway563

9th Jan 12 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
They need to adopt Ben's pricing policy.

Can we have it on a graded system please so it's similar for league 2
Costs me £18 a ticket to go to Rovers as well
Robbo

9th Jan 12 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my ticket for Arsenal v Man Utd ina few weeks cost me £66 and its above the away fans, as was the only palce to get in the front few rows
Ben G

9th Jan 12 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id go to loads of games if i lived with my mum
JonnyJ

9th Jan 12 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
id go to loads of games if yvonne let me

[Edited on 09-01-2012 by JonnyJ]
Ben G

9th Jan 12 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i had money to burn every week. bet you wouldnt be spending 4.5k going to york if you were indepedent.
JonnyJ

9th Jan 12 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sacrifices Ben, Sacrifices. You would if you cared enough.

<<  15    16    17    18    19    20    21  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Matches, sponsored by Lionel Richie's Once, Twice, Three times a rapist 23 database queries in 0.0199652 seconds