corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Fergie

New Poll
  <<  15    16    17    18    19    20    21  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fergie
Whittie

User status: Offline
9th May 13 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gimp
Tom

9th May 13 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6 year deal

I'm pleased with how this has panned out tbh. Hughes to Everton would top it off nicely.
Whittie

9th May 13 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
6 year deal

I'm pleased with how this has panned out tbh. Hughes to Everton would top it off nicely.

Would rather McCarthy
JonnyJ

9th May 13 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
6 year deal

It was never going to be anything shorter really. They've appointed Moyes for the long term, this contract gives Moyes confidence to work without the feeling he could be pushed out the second he doesnt win 2 champions leagues in 3 years.

Whether he'll get that backing from the fans is another thing, it already seems people would rather have had the quick fix option rather than build another legacy. Well actually, no, they want both, and to win the Euromillions, every month, forever.
Rick Draper

9th May 13 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Six year deal.
Nath

9th May 13 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4/5 year deal also says that.
JonnyJ

9th May 13 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
4/5 year deal also says that.

Thats a pretty standard deal for most premier league managers though (except Newcastle). 6 years is a statement of intent that hes here for the long term, without being too stupid (like Newcastle)
Cavey

9th May 13 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everton are in trouble now, Fellini and Baines will go too I'd imagine, and they'll be left without two star players, and with Mark Hughes in charge.
Whittie

9th May 13 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They've paid out my bet already, fair play
mwg

9th May 13 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck to him. I will support him.

And let's hope for more Champions League success over the next few years
Robbo

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Talking of Guardiola, he hadnt won anything before barca had he? correct me if im wrong
wow
JonnyJ

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Everton are in trouble now, Fellini and Baines will go too I'd imagine, and they'll be left without two star players, and with Mark Hughes in charge.

I'd say their next appointment is just as important as Uniteds. Obviously Fellaini and Baines are gone, but theres still a good core of players there, more than enough to sustain a mid table premier league finish. They need a solid appointment though, if its Hughes (or Nigel Clough as I've heard ) then they could be in a bit of trouble.
Robbo

9th May 13 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Manchester United are the only team in the Premier League that act with any dignity and level headedness

[Edited on 09-05-2013 by Steve]
double wow
chrisritch

quote:
Talking of Guardiola, he hadnt won anything before barca had he? correct me if im wrong

Robbo

quote:
6 year deal
madness. in fact, more mad that pardews 8 year deal. i guess they did it to help with perceived stability but still. triple wow
Steve
Premium Member

9th May 13 at 15:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People taking some pretty fucking obvious bait in here today its a good day

JonnyJ

9th May 13 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No way is it more mad than Pardews deal

They can afford to pay it off (unlike Newcastle) if it all goes incredibly tits up, im talking non top 4 finish tits up, which isnt going to happen with the squad they've got and Moyes isnt a shite manager, unlike Pardew.
Cavey

9th May 13 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:

I'd say their next appointment is just as important as Uniteds. Obviously Fellaini and Baines are gone, but theres still a good core of players there, more than enough to sustain a mid table premier league finish. They need a solid appointment though, if its Hughes (or Nigel Clough as I've heard ) then they could be in a bit of trouble.

Clough? That's a weird one, but can see why, he's maintained a mid table position whilst drastically cutting the wage bill at Derby. He's not done as bad as it seems there
chrisritch

9th May 13 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is possibly the best news ever.
Tom

9th May 13 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think they've tried to hedge there bets and in the process they've arrived at the worst of both worlds. They could have gone 1 of 3 broad ways imo.

1. Appoint someone with a proven track record, with weight in the game, with a real track record of being a winner (someone like Mourinho or a list of plenty of others)
2. Gone for someone up and coming like Moyes (doesn’t really feel that up and coming), Klopp, someone more obscure?
3. Appointed from within (either current or recent history) ala Pep at Barca (Giggs, OGS...)

Option 1 may have had a limited shelf life (any proven ‘big name’ is gonna come with an ego) but would probably have moved them on a level in Europe, whereas option 3 would probably have represented the biggest risk in that they’d probably be the least experienced (but they’d get the same level of personal consultancy from Ferguson that Moyes is gonna get), but you’d arguably get alot more time from the fans given the connection to the club. As is, they have appointed someone with neither a track record of winning, nor someone the fans will definitely take to. Moyes has got too many questions marks to make this appointment ‘sensible’ (has he developed any real emerging talent, has he shown he can do it in big games/europe, has he shown he commands respect from his players, has he signed any big name players?). Lots of those things are things that he’s not had control of, but not exclusively.

I think they should have had the courage to be bolder, but who knows how much money they have to spend etc.
JonnyJ

9th May 13 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:

Clough? That's a weird one, but can see why, he's maintained a mid table position whilst drastically cutting the wage bill at Derby. He's not done as bad as it seems there

It would still represent a massive leap of faith, considering the changes there, he has zero premier league experience. It was just someone put it up on a forum i go on who claims to know, hes from round that area so its possible its true, cant find a bookie offering odds though
Robbo

9th May 13 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lineker favouring O'Neill for Everton
Robbo

9th May 13 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Moyes is a solid appointment but do have to say, if he was the replacement for Wenger, I'd be disappointed.

Always expected him to end up at Spurs tbh
mwg

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Lineker favouring O'Neill for Everton

relegation battle looms
Hammer

quote:
People taking some pretty fucking obvious bait in here today its a good day

Yeah, 'bait'.

Retard.

<<  15    16    17    18    19    20    21  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Fergie 23 database queries in 0.0123341 seconds