corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Puma Track Ragga

New Poll
  <<  16    17    18    19    20    21    22  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Puma Track Ragga
Whittie

User status: Offline
26th Aug 09 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mos in silver.

Stop being a pussy...
Jamie-C

26th Aug 09 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ones in the link! Look cool and will contrast well with the stickers
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
26th Aug 09 at 01:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Mos in silver.
They won't sell me MOs in silver.

The choice today was MO in white or nothing in time.

Then tonight I've found the THs, need to call them tomorrow and find out why he didn't give me those as an option today.
Mattb

26th Aug 09 at 06:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arent the TH's rally type wheels. where a scarifice of a bit of brake cooling to stop stones getting in the brakes is more important?

I'd keep the MO's imo - that is unless you are planning to be in the gravel most of the time
Leighton

26th Aug 09 at 08:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ages ago you were looking at the TH's before you even got the green puma so why have you swayed away from them now?
I dont think they will look good on the car TBH not really the right style of wheel for it.

Will you be working on it tonight? im about
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Aug 09 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TH's would look far betttr IMO cheaper too, win all round.
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Aug 09 at 13:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TH don't fit either.

MOs it is.

Steering wheel boss arrived this morning.
Graham88

26th Aug 09 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mo's ftw
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Aug 09 at 15:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Next question, how much paint will I need for four wheels
antnee

26th Aug 09 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I painted my G60 steelies, I used near on 2 cans of silver (500ml) and 1 black (600ml) and a 600ml of lacquer.

edit; they are 15's

[Edited on 26-08-2009 by antnee]
john_c20xe

26th Aug 09 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that an engine push start button? what are you going todo about the transponder chip?
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Aug 09 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, button is boot release.
Ste
Premium Member

26th Aug 09 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Neat job on the doors! I know how hard it is to keep on track with a plasma!

Yeah it's a bitch. I was using my welding mask but could'nt see fook all. In the end I had Ian's sunglasses with a pair of safety specs over them. Also the tip was a bit worn from cutting half inch plate. Turned out really well in the end though.

Regarding safety. Even with cut out inner skins, it still offers far more protection than my kit car so I wouldn't be worrying about it.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Aug 09 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What colour will the wheels be going, anthracite?

Hows the progress with the lettering?
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Aug 09 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jobs for this weekend -

Remove the passenger window from the green car. CHECK

Drill the doors on the silver car. CHECK

Reinstall window frames. CHECK

Mount door handles, catches and locks. CHECK

Install lowered springs. CHECK

Install front brakes. CHECK

Paint the Comps. NOT GETTING DONE

Swap tyres on to the Comps.

Fit the wheels.

Fit the steering wheel. CHECK

Cut and install the graphics.

[Edited on 26-08-2009 by Ian]

[Edited on 29-08-2009 by Ian]

[Edited on 29-08-2009 by Ian]
ed

26th Aug 09 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the wheels powder-coated? Wouldn't that be cheaper than Halfords paint?
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Aug 09 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
What colour will the wheels be going, anthracite?

Hows the progress with the lettering?
Yeah was just going to take a bit of the grey vinyl to Halfords and see what matches.

You mean the designs for it? Got the software off the guy with the cutter and installed it last night. Tried to trace the bitmaps that I've got for the flags but it didn't do it very smoothly and would have cut the vinyl with sharp edges. Got some different software on the go for tonight to convert from vectors. Should come out looking OK.

No idea on size though, need to either measure the car or scale them when I cut them!
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Aug 09 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Get the wheels powder-coated? Wouldn't that be cheaper than Halfords paint?
No facility / time.

Depending on how good/tough the finish is I may do something longer lasting but I would like them the right colour for its first outing.
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Aug 09 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, thought you would just be getting someone to cut them for you have you got experience in fitting them then? I was s sign writer for 3 years, I'd have fittted them if I was in St. Helens still

How much has all this cost you so far then, are you on a particular budget or is it just time more than anything?
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Aug 09 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No experience whatsoever, like every job on the whole car. That's why there will be lots of people in the background on the pics of me doing it. You are welcome to offer advice remotely

So far it stands me perhaps just on £2k. I've sold very little though so I've probably some cash to recoup on that. I've gone well over budget, only really wanted to spend £500 on the whole thing but most of what I'm doing should make the car worth more so assuming I don't bend it, its worth mostly what its costing.
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Aug 09 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For big lettering put it on wet, have a spray bottle to hand as it manouvers around easily until you smooth it down, also a heat gun for lettering on bends, in creases etc. A very sharp blade is what you want too. When I used to do vehicle lettring I'd cut a straight mark top and bottom on top of the application paper and then stick masking tape to the car below it to get it perfectly straight, then a stip of masking tape down the centre and 1 at each end. Peal back the application paper and get it straight with the tape on the car and the straight bit you cut on the vinyl/application paper and you won't go wrong
Ste
Premium Member

27th Aug 09 at 00:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
and you won't go wrong

Really? let's just see about that!

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Aug 09 at 00:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The good news is neither section needs to be particularly straight.
spikedjack

27th Aug 09 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went to compomotive yesterday and they will do you anything you want direct for trade price.

only problem is, 21 day wait on all wheels ordered direct.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Aug 09 at 16:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah hence me needing something from stock.

<<  16    17    18    19    20    21    22  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Puma Track Ragga 24 database queries in 0.0168200 seconds