corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97

New Poll
  <<  16    17    18    19    20    21    22  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97
Paul_J

User status: Offline
12th Oct 09 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh plyometrics tommorrow is harder than todays

Although I'm fine with pressups etc, but I'm really struggling with pull ups etc... Think i'm gonna have to get the bands to help support me. I have really weak wrists / forearms so i think that's what's stopping me pulling myself up with the wide forward grip pull ups.

Reverse grip chin ups I can do a few as it's bicep bassed.

Tony did say 'Pace yourself' Matt, do your best and forget the rest

Matt what did you think of ab ripper x? I need to get some heavier weights, pulling my heavy pants up and starting that lawn mower was too easy

Paul_J

12th Oct 09 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing I'm struggling with diet wise is being able to physically eat a lot.

I ate 2 chicken fillets and a few bits of chicken in a wrap, plus some veg after my workout, plus 2 scoops of whey protein with water... I was struggling to finish off the chicken ... STUFFFFFED.
James

12th Oct 09 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How strictly do you have to stick to the programme?

For example I play squash at least once a week and wouldn't want to do the P90X exercises as well as that. I'm guessing as squash is pretty good for you anyway, you can just pick up the programme where you left off?

As for the diet, I usually go out for dinner with mates every few weeks where the chances of the menu fitting in with P90X is slim. Is that likely to matter?
Cosmo

12th Oct 09 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Diet wise, if it was every few weeks, you'd probably get away with it.

As for dropping one of the workouts, its only a 6 day a week workout, so you could skip a day during the week and not have the rest day?
Paul_J

12th Oct 09 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New batch has been posted

1. Paul_J
2. loafofbrett * PAID - POSTED
3. M4tt_Envoy * PAID - POSTED
4. JM Curdy?
5. ljames555 *PAID - POSTED
6. Andy_sxi * PAID - POSTED
7. DannyP * PAID - POSTED
8. jim_r1 * PAID - POSTED
9. Pop * PAID - POSTED
10. jaffa * PAID - POSTED
11. captain_rosco * PAID - POSTED
12. allza * PAID * POSTED
13. JohnnyR
14. IvIarkgraham * PAID* *POSTED*
15. chrisd1983 *PAID* *POSTED*
16. Ben G *PAID* *POSTED*
17. SteveW *PAID* *POSTED*
18. James * PAID * *POSTED
19. Liam *PAID* *POSTED
20. mikenocorsa
21. JayM *PAID* *POSTED

One of the lucky few of this batch will get a rare p90z dvd rather than p90x

This is only because my finger slipped on the key and pressed z for name of the dvd instead of x! It's the same shit
Paul_J

12th Oct 09 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
How strictly do you have to stick to the programme?

For example I play squash at least once a week and wouldn't want to do the P90X exercises as well as that. I'm guessing as squash is pretty good for you anyway, you can just pick up the programme where you left off?

As for the diet, I usually go out for dinner with mates every few weeks where the chances of the menu fitting in with P90X is slim. Is that likely to matter?

imo after doing it for a week, you could swap a cardio based work out with a cardio one...

like play squash instead of kenpo x, or plyometrics, maybe even instead of yoga x.

I think it's wise to still do chest and back, arms and sholders, legs and back though.

the diet imo has some give in it, there are some people online who say they ignored the diet completely and still got good results. I think the crucial thing with the diet is if you want fat loss you need to take it v.seriously, if you want muscle gain then you just need to make sure you intake enough protein as well as everything else you eat.

An odd off day won't hurt it too much though. I had a few beers on friday, my mother's birthday meal on sat and this fri i will be drinking for another mates b-day... I'm not too fussed as I know the course is intense enough to be burning most of it, and that the effect will be fairly minor as long as i'm not doing it all the time.

As Tony says, 'Do your best and forget the rest'
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

12th Oct 09 at 23:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im gonna do 5 days and have weekends off. not to bothered about being ripped i just want to jiggle less
Paul_J

12th Oct 09 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 6th day (kenpo x) is just cardio and it isn't that hard (compared to the rest)
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Oct 09 at 00:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might do that on friday aswel then. see how it goes
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Oct 09 at 07:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i get p90z i want a refund
Cosmo

13th Oct 09 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On a good note this morning, my muscles arent hurting even nearly as much as last Tuesday even though I def did more last night.

On a bad note this morning, I think Ive done something to both my elbows as I cant straighten my arms properly
DizzyRebel

13th Oct 09 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The more protein you eat, and the better your post workout nutrition is the less your muscles hurt as they repair faster after training.

PS why is everyone trying to change this programme? 5 days? not doing the diet etc and thinking it will work...

Lets spell this out for you in laymens terms:

If you are going on a journey and you have a map with the fastest and best route to your destination marked out for you, you take that route because you know exactly where you will end and its exactly where you want to be. If you think 'fuck it' and go a different route, it will take longer to get to your destination or you might get lost and end up back where you started. the same applies to transformation plans. If you try and change it you wont end up where you want to be or it will take a lot onger to get there.

Stick to the plan, if you think your diet is good - you are wrong. If you dont want to be 'ripped' or 'massive' go do 30 mins on the cross trainer every night instead. Besides your not going to get ripped or massive on your first bout of this plan, so stop being lazy and do it properly or not at all!

[Edited on 13-10-2009 by DizzyRebel]
Cosmo

13th Oct 09 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed, its a set plan thats got proven results, either do it to the tee or dont bother. Its set out that way for a reason.

The only thing Ive changed in this first phase is adding an extra carb portion as wanted it both at breakfast and after working out, other than that its more or less bang on.
mwg

13th Oct 09 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like hard work to me
Cosmo

13th Oct 09 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The diet is fairly easy if you plan it, the workouts are killers though
DizzyRebel

13th Oct 09 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

Im telling you, 4 scoops of no xplode and you dont even feel the workout... just a tingling sensation from head to toe
Paul_J

13th Oct 09 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which protein bars did you buy cosmo? are you finding them any easier to eat now?

Dizzy, do you bother with protein bars? got any recommendations? I could do with one around mid day.
Cosmo

13th Oct 09 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

Im telling you, 4 scoops of no xplode and you dont even feel the workout... just a tingling sensation from head to toe

fuck that!

I'll go for 2 today and see what that does!
Paul_J

13th Oct 09 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also think it'll be interesting to compare all the results at the end.

See the people who did it to a 'tee' and what results they get, and the people who did it almost to a tee and compare them against the people who didn't bother with diet etc.

Hopefully some of the guys I've just sent the new batch to will be jumping on board soon.

i'm taking it fairly serious now. Refused a pint with a mate last night, just refused a cake for someone's birthday in the office now.

I'm gonna try pretty hard to stick to the program.
James

13th Oct 09 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm excited by the prospect of this, I think following the DVDs will motivate plus I don't have to bother leaving the house!
Cosmo

13th Oct 09 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
which protein bars did you buy cosmo? are you finding them any easier to eat now?

Ive got the MtProteain High-Pro bar, choc-orange.

Dont taste bad at all, but so stodgy its untrue. Id have to have a couple of litres of water with them just to get them down!

Going to cut them out and swap them for some flavoured meat I'll cook myself.
DizzyRebel

13th Oct 09 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Dizzy, do you bother with protein bars? got any recommendations? I could do with one around mid day.

Make my own, chocolate whey, peanut butter and oats if its a pre training treat Stole the recipe from nutrition guru chris shugart.

1.0 Cups Old-Fashioned Oatmeal
4 heaping Tbsp. cOmega-3 Peanut Butter
2 Scoops Low carb protein, chocolate
1/4 Cup Water or Skim Milk to allow for mixing

Mush it all together, shape it into 4 'cookies' then put in the frige so they go firm and eat as and when required.

kcal: 212
Pro: 13g
Carb: 18g (3g fiber)
Fat: 11g
Cosmo

13th Oct 09 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
I'm excited by the prospect of this, I think following the DVDs will motivate plus I don't have to bother leaving the house!

Sometimes not leaving the house can be a pisser as its too easy to be distracted and not bother, other times its easier as its less hassle to go and do the actual workouts.
strick206

13th Oct 09 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul, Cosmo, my protein bars arrived this morning, will be having one at half 12 ish, will let you know how they are to eat etc
M4tt_Envoy

13th Oct 09 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yeh plyometrics tommorrow is harder than todays

Although I'm fine with pressups etc, but I'm really struggling with pull ups etc... Think i'm gonna have to get the bands to help support me. I have really weak wrists / forearms so i think that's what's stopping me pulling myself up with the wide forward grip pull ups.

Reverse grip chin ups I can do a few as it's bicep bassed.

Tony did say 'Pace yourself' Matt, do your best and forget the rest

Matt what did you think of ab ripper x? I need to get some heavier weights, pulling my heavy pants up and starting that lawn mower was too easy

lol didnt realise i had to do the AB ripper as well, fuck i only done the first video!!

can i mix this in with the pyrometrics tonight or do i need to start again?

that'll teach me fornot reading properly!!

<<  16    17    18    19    20    21    22  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97 23 database queries in 0.0211580 seconds