corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Caged R26 Megane - Time Attack 2015!

New Poll
  <<  16    17    18    19    20    21    22  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Caged R26 Megane - Time Attack 2015!
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Mar 13 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
That bonnet looks shocking, always looks like jeds been at it with matt black rattlies

need to book it in and take it to brum. Just an effort atm
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

15th Mar 13 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well on initial reaction to the Max Sport RB5 -

Seems to be good nice cold grip on the roads. Once warm you have a bit more confidence. I still had them on this morning so drove to work with them on any more the around 90mph the noise gets rather loud but its bearable.

It was damp today and they seem to be better than the AD08 no spinning etc as usual when pulling away from roundabouts. So im quite impressed for the cost so far just need to get on another track day.
chris_uk
Premium Member

15th Mar 13 at 09:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I seem to remember at knockhill in 2011 when ian had these on he said they were shit.

Tyres are the most important aspect of modding a car for track so why on earth would you look at cheap remoulded semi's?..
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

15th Mar 13 at 09:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
I seem to remember at knockhill in 2011 when ian had these on he said they were shit.

Tyres are the most important aspect of modding a car for track so why on earth would you look at cheap remoulded semi's?..

Back then they only did one type from what i have seen.

They are cheap yes but they may be ok they may not. People get hung up on silly things. If they are shite on the track so be it i'll get them replaced simples.
chris_uk
Premium Member

15th Mar 13 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough but seems a waste of £300 to me.

The khumo v70a's were decent on track for us last year, shite in the wet and they wore pretty fast, but when it was dry and they were new they were excellent. wouldnt like to think what your cars extra weight would do to the rate of wear tho.

VrsTurbo
Premium Member

15th Mar 13 at 10:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Fair enough but seems a waste of £300 to me.

The khumo v70a's were decent on track for us last year, shite in the wet and they wore pretty fast, but when it was dry and they were new they were excellent. wouldnt like to think what your cars extra weight would do to the rate of wear tho.

Yea £300 waste but its to try them out, wouldnt get any where without trying things out. People want different things from tyres its not an all out xyz this is better. It all comes down to the car and the driver.

The Khumo V70a in K60 compound last around 5 track days. The back tyre's last for a long long time though.

Or there is the other option of Dunlop DZ03gs i think. Which i will try at some point this year too.

chris_uk
Premium Member

15th Mar 13 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely all anyone wants from a track tyre is good grip, good wear and predictability. ?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

15th Mar 13 at 10:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Surely all anyone wants from a track tyre is good grip, good wear and predictability. ?

Of course but you cant say a for example -

A mini on Soft R888 is going to be the same as a RS6 on Soft R888. they will be completely different.

Some one may like the rear to act a bit differently to the front.

Its all personal preference at the end of the day.

If some one want to put new tyres on the front/rear after each track day its down to them.
chris_uk
Premium Member

15th Mar 13 at 10:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 2 cars are completely different yes, but by using a soft 888 all that will happen is the rs6 will wear it out much faster. Both would be fastest they could be from using a soft.

If they want a car to handle a certain way you dont change a tyre compound or make you would change a pressure, arb, camber, tie or caster etc etc

Obviously it comes down to the budget like you say.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

15th Mar 13 at 10:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But they cant be all that bad -

1.0-litre Formula Ford laps Norschleife in 7:22 using RB5 Tyres
3i_gaz

16th Mar 13 at 04:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too man different colours, needs to be more normal and subtle looks wise as these are a mega looking car.
Graham88

16th Mar 13 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks the bollocks, bonnet Definetly needs sorted but it looks great from the rear
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

19th Mar 13 at 10:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Booking Brands Hatch for April 2nd later on
chris_uk
Premium Member

19th Mar 13 at 11:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get vids
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

19th Mar 13 at 13:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Get vids

Have front and rear cameras with overlay so will do
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

25th Mar 13 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tomorrow im getting the following done -

Decat fitted
Wheel bearing on the front
Rear discs
gearbox fluid change

All nice and ready for the track day next week.
Graham88

26th Mar 13 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damn I get back from Ring that day or I'd come watch.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

26th Mar 13 at 07:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's an odd one 11am - 7:30. Sponsored by button power
Graham88

26th Mar 13 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very strange it'll be dark by the end?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

26th Mar 13 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Very strange it'll be dark by the end?

Clocks change on Sunday. So it should still be light b
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

31st Mar 13 at 13:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having issues with under bonnet temps so out came the dremel

VrsTurbo
Premium Member

31st Mar 13 at 13:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With vents.

Now just need to get it wrapped.
Ben G

31st Mar 13 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brave man is that a cf bonnet or fibreglass?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

31st Mar 13 at 15:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
brave man is that a cf bonnet or fibreglass?

Both. Fibreglass shell carbon top.
taylorboosh

31st Mar 13 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wrap it blue please

<<  16    17    18    19    20    21    22  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Caged R26 Megane - Time Attack 2015! 23 database queries in 0.0193470 seconds