corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » looking at all the silly motorsport events

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author looking at all the silly motorsport events
Jodi_the_g

User status: Offline
16th Jun 04 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i think not
Jodi_the_g

16th Jun 04 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it can be on candit camera,

prize I ahve decide is going to be a keg of lager
mike16v

16th Jun 04 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Will this be televised?

get rev bob to enter
Jodi_the_g

17th Jun 04 at 02:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been working nor stop with e-mails phone calls and everything

check it out now
www.evocarsuk.co.uk

magaine then featured events
Adam

17th Jun 04 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
Paul_J

17th Jun 04 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think a good idea would be to try to get coverage from a television program...

The original gumballs had jackass take a camera crew along, as well as their own camera crews and small coverage from motoring programs...

By doing this, even if the original one isn't a massive success it should get a lot more people interested in the next one.

I think prize money could make it interesting, as gumball is only a 'fun' thing and no money up for grabs, adding the element of prize money could make it a bit more fun... or could scare away some people

First thing you shouldn't do is actually give away your route, the reason for this especially if there is prize money available is people will cheat.

By keeping the next location a secret until you are just leaving it reduces people racing off ahead before others are even awake.

Perhaps contact a couple of idependant program / film developers who would be interested in making a DVD / TV program like 'Gumball 3000 the movie'... They keep most of the money made from it and you get promotion for the next one.

Paul J

[Edited on 17-06-2004 by Paul_J]
Adam

17th Jun 04 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
I think a good idea would be to try to get coverage from a television program...

The original gumballs had jackass take a camera crew along, as well as their own camera crews and small coverage from motoring programs...

By doing this, even if the original one isn't a massive success it should get a lot more people interested in the next one.

I think prize money could make it interesting, as gumball is only a 'fun' thing and no money up for grabs, adding the element of prize money could make it a bit more fun... or could scare away some people

First thing you shouldn't do is actually give away your route, the reason for this especially if there is prize money available is people will cheat.

By keeping the next location a secret until you are just leaving it reduces people racing off ahead before others are even awake.

Perhaps contact a couple of idependant program / film developers who would be interested in making a DVD / TV program like 'Gumball 3000 the movie'... They keep most of the money made from it and you get promotion for the next one.

Paul J

Don't worry, it's all in hand
ajscorsa

17th Jun 04 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it wasnt 4k to enter i would do it
Jodi_the_g

17th Jun 04 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam
quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J

Paul J

Don't worry, it's all in hand

As Adam stated this is all in hand, if you read the rules you would see
Adam

17th Jun 04 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get on msn, I have a plan
Drew
Banned

17th Jun 04 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jodi_the_g
right got my route just getting a price on all the hotels etc post a rough price soon, if i get interest i may look into it further.

London to Paris - Leg 1
Paris to Amsterdam - Leg
Amsterdam to Berlin - Leg 3
Berlin to Prague Leg 4
Prague to Warsaw - Leg 5
Warsaw to Minsk - Leg 6
Minsk to Moscow - Leg 7

2500 miles or almost 4000km

i couldnt afford the 500 quid petrol never mite the entry fee
Jodi_the_g

17th Jun 04 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Let you walk it if you want drew
Jodi_the_g

23rd Jun 04 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right I have now got FIA approval,
Got an Offical Charity
Sponsers in the Pipeline
Hotels/food sorted for the event

All i need now is some of the following, ideas would be great

Advertising
Film Company
Teams to enter
Banner/Sticker makers
Clothing makers
Jodi_the_g

24th Jun 04 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The dream is becoming a reality now, just had 4 film makers e-mail with there cv's for an interview
dousey

24th Jun 04 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't mean to be nasty or anything but i can't really see alot of people on CS participating in this event. You would need to promote it to the sort of people who enter gumball. £4000 is alot of money plus fuel costs. 99% of people on here would not pay that as they could get a new car for that! If you marketed it to the right people, you might gain some interest (ie rich people who like cars) as 4 grand is nothing to them. Even then i don't know if it will be popular as they might prefer to do gumball which is a bigger and better event.

Good luck with the project though, and hope all goes well
Jodi_the_g

24th Jun 04 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dousey
Don't mean to be nasty or anything but i can't really see alot of people on CS participating in this event. You would need to promote it to the sort of people who enter gumball. £4000 is alot of money plus fuel costs. 99% of people on here would not pay that as they could get a new car for that! If you marketed it to the right people, you might gain some interest (ie rich people who like cars) as 4 grand is nothing to them. Even then i don't know if it will be popular as they might prefer to do gumball which is a bigger and better event.

Good luck with the project though, and hope all goes well

I am not really advertising on CS about the event as you comments are valid just asking for input, got the advertising semi sorted

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » looking at all the silly motorsport events 22 database queries in 0.0099580 seconds