corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » hmm a bit dodgy, can anyone help....updated (56k go make a brew)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author hmm a bit dodgy, can anyone help....updated (56k go make a brew)
CorsaLad16v

User status: Offline
31st Aug 04 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

St Mary's Hospital from 1948
Stannington, NE61 6AA
Closed 1995. Planning submitted 1999, refused. Site still looks intact. (Simon Cornwall)
English Heritage: St Mary's Stannington, Northumberland, built 1910-1914 as the pauper asylum for Gateshead

From A Short History of Gateshead. (Gateshead Metropolitan Borough Council 1998):

"St Mary's Hospital at Stannington serves the town's present needs for a mental hospital. Previously, mentally ill patients were catered for at private asylums situated at Wrekenton (1825-55), Sheriff Hill (1817-60) and Bensham (1799-1868). Part of the latter building can still be seen on Sidney Grove.
Gateshead Council sent patients to an asylum owned by Durham County Council from 1856 but this agreement was ended in 1912. An estate was bought at Stannington for £9,221 and the hospital was opened in 1914."

not really much to go on is it lol
Dom

31st Aug 04 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lynny
quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan
whats the name of the village its in, as i'm curious now too,

[Edited on 31-08-2004 by Welsh Dan]

anyone up for a CS meet at a dodgy mental hospital?

well me, sooty and marshall all go there

lol well you all have more balls that i do
i wouldnt touch the place with a barge poll, sound propper fucked to me
Lynny

31st Aug 04 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
village is called saltwick i think, done loads of searches on net, found soem stuff, but ALOT is left black (eg why it closed and why 10 years later its stil so heavily guarded). the village is majorly fked up

hows the village fucked up?

im curious why its heavily guarded if its been closed for ages? i could understand it a few people looking after it to stop pikies getting in etc etc, but you make it sound like its a propper security group of about 20 people guarding the place...which sound seriously dodge

taking it to the extremes, you could try and get in to be a guard (get the name of the company that does it etc), get a job, see if you can work on there etc...might lead you to something

well theyve built guard station things, alwasy a few of them there at ALL times, with dogs etc.
village...when we went there was cars parked outside everyhouse, but non of the houses had a light on, and all curtains etc were open in house, place looked like it has jst been deserted, also in village is a burnt out beetle which has been there for 6 month apparently, not sumit u normally see lyin round a village, itsn not as if this place is a dump either!
ed

31st Aug 04 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The planning aplication for development on the site went to Parlement, and was refused in 1999. That's odd, seeing as you seek planning permission from the palnning authorty in the local council...
Lynny

31st Aug 04 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaLad16v
St Mary's Hospital from 1948
Stannington, NE61 6AA
Closed 1995. Planning submitted 1999, refused. Site still looks intact. (Simon Cornwall)
English Heritage: St Mary's Stannington, Northumberland, built 1910-1914 as the pauper asylum for Gateshead

From A Short History of Gateshead. (Gateshead Metropolitan Borough Council 1998):

"St Mary's Hospital at Stannington serves the town's present needs for a mental hospital. Previously, mentally ill patients were catered for at private asylums situated at Wrekenton (1825-55), Sheriff Hill (1817-60) and Bensham (1799-1868). Part of the latter building can still be seen on Sidney Grove.
Gateshead Council sent patients to an asylum owned by Durham County Council from 1856 but this agreement was ended in 1912. An estate was bought at Stannington for £9,221 and the hospital was opened in 1914."

not really much to go on is it lol

aye i found this, another weird thing is on the web pages i looked at, alot of them contridicted tyhemselves on the year it was opened, closed etc
Lynny

31st Aug 04 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1800ed
The planning aplication for development on the site went to Parlement, and was refused in 1999. That's odd, seeing as you seek planning permission from the palnning authorty in the local council...

what we were thinkin, and why wud it be refused anyways :s
Dom

31st Aug 04 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
village is called saltwick i think, done loads of searches on net, found soem stuff, but ALOT is left black (eg why it closed and why 10 years later its stil so heavily guarded). the village is majorly fked up

im curious why its heavily guarded if its been closed for ages? i could understand it a few people looking after it to stop pikies getting in etc etc, but you make it sound like its a propper security group of about 20 people guarding the place...which sound seriously dodge

taking it to the extremes, you could try and get in to be a guard (get the name of the company that does it etc), get a job, see if you can work on there etc...might lead you to something

well theyve built guard station things, alwasy a few of them there at ALL times, with dogs etc.
village...when we went there was cars parked outside everyhouse, but non of the houses had a light on, and all curtains etc were open in house, place looked like it has jst been deserted, also in village is a burnt out beetle which has been there for 6 month apparently, not sumit u normally see lyin round a village, itsn not as if this place is a dump either!

so basically, this village was built as a front?
surely people must live there? or you see people going in/out of houses, shops etc? ie: activity in the village....

sounds fucked to me....interesting, but completly fucked...although like i said before, just have a march throught the place...only way your gonna see something
Lynny

31st Aug 04 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

surely people must live there? or you see people going in/out of houses, shops etc? ie: activity in the village....

sounds fucked to me....interesting, but completly fucked...although like i said before, just have a march throught the place...only way your gonna see something

no idea bout village, iv never seen anyone there, cept one car last time that came into village, drove round and left straight away (this was at like 11pmish).
tbh i wasnt that scared when i was there even tho it was pitch black and only lights we had were the ones on our phone, bu tthinkin bout the place now scraes the hell out of me!
ed

31st Aug 04 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently the village was a shithole with open sewers and cramped slums - that could be one reason why no one lives there...
Dom

31st Aug 04 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

no idea bout village, iv never seen anyone there, cept one car last time that came into village, drove round and left straight away (this was at like 11pmish).
tbh i wasnt that scared when i was there even tho it was pitch black and only lights we had were the ones on our phone, bu tthinkin bout the place now scraes the hell out of me!

aye, i would have crapped myself even before we'd got there
been doing some searches on the place and there are a few B'n'B's in the place...anyone fancy a night stay?
Sounds like a perfect place to make a amateur video with a camcorder etc etc
Lynny

31st Aug 04 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1800ed - the village is reaaly nice
visible man - think we're goin soon, ill bring me camcorder then
Welsh Dan

31st Aug 04 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently, its up for sale :S

If you look on the page, it says offers by 01/08/01 but the page was last updated on 25/08/04?

http://www.egpropertylink.com/EGPLProperty81976.htm

link would be usefil

[Edited on 31-08-2004 by Welsh Dan]
Welsh Dan

31st Aug 04 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about this?
http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/sundaysun/news/page.cfm?objectid=14138299&method=full&siteid=50081
Dom

31st Aug 04 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
1800ed - the village is reaaly nice
visible man - think we're goin soon, ill bring me camcorder then

MINT AS
get some good footage and pop it up on here im quite interested in this whole thing Although, even if you did get something of interested on tape, photo etc, what are you going to do with it? Its just that if it is suppose to be kept hush hush, then you would also be kept hush hush....i know it sounds like the typical area-51 crap, but stuff like this does happen so.....
Lynny

31st Aug 04 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

welsh dan - apparently theyve gone on about housing for yearsm but something always 'comes up' and stops it
visible man - if we found soemthing, i have no intention of contactin papers etc, no matter how fked up it is, im jst tryin 2 find out our of sheer curiosity
CorsaLad16v

31st Aug 04 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

multimap pic, click me

its in the middle of fields lol why is surrounded by guards though? and why is it still there if its empty?

weird stuff, worth reading into
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

31st Aug 04 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ur best off going up the village in the day, and just start chatting to ppl, and see what they have to say about the place
Dom

31st Aug 04 at 01:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaLad16v
multimap pic, click me

its in the middle of fields lol why is surrounded by guards though? and why is it still there if its empty?

weird stuff, worth reading into

take it the hospital is the big thing in the middle, next to the roundabout?

tbh, it looks like the roads havnt been used for a while though....
eitherway, its still fucked up...and its in one of those fucked up places, where some scientists are injecting all sorts of shite into people to see what happens....its that kinda fucked up shite

reminds me of a german film about mental patients (was on telly about 2 weeks ago), and how they escaped etc etc was weird
Tom J
Premium Member

31st Aug 04 at 01:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it could be anything tho, a secret government building (its only 6 miles from newcastle airport?) some sort of detection place for missiles etc (like that place on north yorks moors, the giant golf balls? any1 seen these before?)
Lynny

31st Aug 04 at 01:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv seen the golf balls but didnt kno what they for
Tom J
Premium Member

31st Aug 04 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://ayup.co.uk/shuttup/shuttup1-0.html
Dom

31st Aug 04 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flameredcorsab
it could be anything tho, a secret government building (its only 6 miles from newcastle airport?) some sort of detection place for missiles etc (like that place on north yorks moors, the giant golf balls? any1 seen these before?)

aye, there covers for radar anntena's underneath....there just to protect them

Aye it could be a government building, but the photos that where taken look like its emtpy on the surface...surely they would have something on top for security reasons etc?
Plus when do you hear screams from government buildings?
Lynny

31st Aug 04 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by flameredcorsab

aye, there covers for radar anntena's underneath....there just to protect them

Aye it could be a government building, but the photos that where taken look like its emtpy on the surface...surely they would have something on top for security reasons etc?
Plus when do you hear screams from government buildings?

this is what we're thinkin, sumit really weird is goin on! the screams dont sound right, they are terrifying to hear, have to hear them to understand. plus the whole place has a weird orange glow coming off it
Tom J
Premium Member

31st Aug 04 at 01:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

orange glow? now that sounds freaky, some mad scientists doing sumin in there
Lynny

31st Aug 04 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hopefully richy (sooty) will wake up and come on soon to explaina bit better than me, he'll also tell ya bout the screams etc, we were majorly freaked out!

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » hmm a bit dodgy, can anyone help....updated (56k go make a brew) 22 database queries in 0.0175259 seconds