corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BMW 328is

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW 328is
leeshez

User status: Offline
6th Sep 04 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ditch

6th Sep 04 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
It was a 1996 E36 M3 Evo. Dont get me wrong, it was a great car for build quality and reliability and that, but its just not my sort of car! Too quiet and safe I think?!

Jesus christ man, how can you call an M3 Evo boring and safe!?
Fair enough it doesnt have the burbling noise of a P1 but the in-gear times arent too far different are they?

put a skilled driver beghind the wheel and those things are track weapons

shame about the dodgy Vanos units on the Evo model though, it lets the BMW build quality image down...
Tom

6th Sep 04 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really like beema's well decent spec ones... but i've never driven one so cannot really comment.

I think I want something refined next with a bit of torque and comfort (well after my bike) nice spec 328is sounds good to me
Stu

7th Sep 04 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ditch
quote:
Originally posted by Stu
It was a 1996 E36 M3 Evo. Dont get me wrong, it was a great car for build quality and reliability and that, but its just not my sort of car! Too quiet and safe I think?!

Fair enough it doesnt have the burbling noise of a P1 but the in-gear times arent too far different are they?

shame about the dodgy Vanos units on the Evo model though, it lets the BMW build quality image down...

Haha, I know what your saying about in gear times, very similar. Thing is, any of my old/other cars (old 2.1 16v Corsa on throttle bodies, current 350bhp S14a 200sx, my current 320bhp P1 and my 125cc F1 Kart) seem fast when they are doing it, the M3 didnt! Thats good for some people, not for others! The M3 never once made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up! It was just too heavy, safe and quiet!

Great car, just not for me!!!
jr

7th Sep 04 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only BMW i would have is a E30 M3
sxi16vjoe

7th Sep 04 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
only BMW i would have is a E30 M3

Do they only come in LHD??

I do like E30's
jr

7th Sep 04 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only come in LHD, some converted ones about though
sxi16vjoe

7th Sep 04 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
only come in LHD, some converted ones about though

Still go for a fair amount of wedge tho dont they?

Worth it though
Ditch

7th Sep 04 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a decent E30 M3 Evolution Sport will set you back the same as an E36 M3 Evo simply because there arent that many of them about! Your looking at 15k+ for a good example.

The E30 is, and always will be regarded as the most exciting drive and is in touch with what the car (rear wheels!) are doing at all times.

The problems lie with running costs, engine out job for the timing belt, bushes are prone to wearing etc etc.

[Edited on 07-09-2004 by Ditch]
Ditch

7th Sep 04 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
quote:
Originally posted by Ditch
quote:
Originally posted by Stu

Haha, I know what your saying about in gear times, very similar. Thing is, any of my old/other cars (old 2.1 16v Corsa on throttle bodies, current 350bhp S14a 200sx, my current 320bhp P1 and my 125cc F1 Kart) seem fast when they are doing it, the M3 didnt! Thats good for some people, not for others! The M3 never once made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up! It was just too heavy, safe and quiet!

Great car, just not for me!!!

Ahhhh, I totally understand what your saying now matey, the drive doesnt feel as engaged like other fast motors do.

Which is bloody dangerous for speeding tickets when your on the motorway because you dont notice your speed passing 100....110.....120mph......
Stu

7th Sep 04 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, it was probably as quick as my other motors but just didnt feel it!

Couldnt have another one now! Saying that though, the E36 M3 is supposed to be very disappointing against the E30 M3 and the E46 M3 so who knows...........I might have just picked the bad one!
Ditch

7th Sep 04 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The E30 M3 Evolution Sport is the one to go for... unless you can afford an E46 M3 CSL...
JJ

7th Sep 04 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu

YUP!!! I have an M3 EVO too... good car but not really any fun, lots of people ask why i sold it... cant really tell em why just wasnt much fun really...
Ditch

7th Sep 04 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive gotta say ive never grinned so much in my life as the time I was in a mates M3 Evo and we went round a roundabout twice totally locked sideways, chasing a RWD cossie tuned to approx 360bhp...

they are fun... IMO

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BMW 328is 22 database queries in 0.0123529 seconds