corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Std UK Impreza Turbo

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Std UK Impreza Turbo
clarkie

User status: Offline
16th Sep 04 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my brother has a uk spec subaru, and it was the quickest around, had over 155 mph four up! dust ctrs, keep up with evo's. only had a boost vavle and bleed valve, but he'd wound the bleed valve right out so it was running just over 25psi(!) beans uk specs only run at 14, it wasnt long before he melted a piston, he then brought a new engine cuz it was cheaper than rebuilding his old 1 and bent the crank, so he used the top half of his newest engine and the bottem half of his old one, then got banned and his m8 blew the gear box up... uk specs r ALOT weaker engines than wrx's

[Edited on 16-09-2004 by clarkie]

Jambo

16th Sep 04 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by clarkie
my brother has a uk spec subaru, and it was the quickest around, had over nearly155 mph four up! dust ctrs, keep up with evo's. only had a boost vavle and bleed valve, but he'd wound the bleed valve right out so it was running just over 25psi(!) beans uk specs only run at 14, it wasnt long before he melted a piston, he then brought a new engine cuz it was cheaper than rebuilding his old 1 and bent the crank, so he used the top half of his newest engine and the bottem half of his old one, then got banned and his m8 blew the gear box up... uk specs r ALOT weaker engines than wrx's

Your mate sounds like a tool
nik

16th Sep 04 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by clarkie
my brother has a uk spec subaru, and it was the quickest around, had over 155 mph four up! dust ctrs, keep up with evo's. only had a boost vavle and bleed valve, but he'd wound the bleed valve right out so it was running just over 25psi(!) beans uk specs only run at 14, it wasnt long before he melted a piston, he then brought a new engine cuz it was cheaper than rebuilding his old 1 and bent the crank, so he used the top half of his newest engine and the bottem half of his old one, then got banned and his m8 blew the gear box up... uk specs r ALOT weaker engines than wrx's

I'd LOVE to see that keep up with an Evo With the boost wound up that much he'd be going home on a low loader within minutes.
clarkie

16th Sep 04 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer, its only just been fixed, still on my drive, bro cums out of ban this onth tho
Uber_Derv

16th Sep 04 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Riight..

taken from the officail subaru website. Lowest spec Subaru Impretza is the GX Sport. Its a 2.0 SOHC non-turbo. Produces a staggering 125Ps (about 120bhp) and 184Nm of torque (about 135lb/ft). Its 0-60 time is 10.2 seconds.

Typical transmisson loss on a 4x4 car is 25% compare that to a loss of around 12-15% for a FWD car. IT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE

And yes Xs i do drive a diesel. 2.0Turbo with 130bhp and 200lb/ft of torque @ 19PSi.
nik

16th Sep 04 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have enough power in a 4x4 who gives a fuck about the transmission loss? By the time the fwd car has got upto speed I'll be miles away in the horizon 4x4 wins hands down everytime IMO obviously something shitty like a TT etc will lose out but any big power 4x4 is the db's
Uber_Derv

16th Sep 04 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nik...i agree, love 4x4's but you do need that extra power to make it worthwhile if you want outright speed. Scooby just doesnt have that...but an EVO on the other hand

Example: Went round Castle coombe race track with my mate in his rover 220GSi Turbo. running approx 200bhp. Scooby WRX STi has 260. It had us on the corners but on the straights we pulled away from it slightly.
Nismo

16th Sep 04 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont forget us RWD boys we will join you over that Horizon
nik

16th Sep 04 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
dont forget us RWD boys we will join you over that Horizon

wait till you see my final spec, the only place your be is eating my flames and dust sonny
Nismo

16th Sep 04 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes this is probally true but standard evos and stage 1/2 modded evos currently like to see my rear
nik

16th Sep 04 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm so tempted to buy that FQ 400 have you seen it? 175mph+, 0-60 in 3.5, 0-100 in 8 hehe 47k though but 3 yr warrenty. Got motec ecu, coilovers, carbon everywhere, bigger turbo just about everything uprated
Nismo

16th Sep 04 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes its the beast of all beasts , finnaly makes Subarus realise they never have been and never will be able to compete with Mitsubishi

Allthough i like the look of this Colt Evo , mate works at Bishi garage near me and they recon it will go into production, wil be a beast.

Allthough i dont like th new styling , i say order an engine and drop in your 6TME then you eill have it all
nik

16th Sep 04 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, gonna lash a few more notes at it. TME is still the daddy Evo of all time get it upto 500 ponys and big ass torque and I'll be happy Seen a 170bhp turbo colt but not coming out in uk looks fun too!
Nismo

16th Sep 04 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the way to do it

then get over Combe and whoop some ass
nik

16th Sep 04 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might trek up there soon actually, gotta sort brakes out, got 2mm left on rear pads and no thread left on tyres running S03's, prob cheaper to buy some new 18s

[Edited on 16-09-2004 by nik]
Uber_Derv

16th Sep 04 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey nik...your evo... how big is the IC? Dimensions length, height and width...?
nik

16th Sep 04 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

289.5x470x70mm IIRC
Uber_Derv

17th Sep 04 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm slightly too big for me! i need 500 x 200 x 80
nik

17th Sep 04 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cossie i/c? they are smaller arent they? cheap too anyways off to bed ciao
Russ

17th Sep 04 at 05:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Uber_Derv
LOL. They might have torque but so does any 250bhp car
goto tell honda that then mate, cos the s2000 has 240ish an theres no tourqe :/
quote:
Originally posted by Uber_Derv
Due to the fact they are 4x4 they lose so much power through transmisson that any similer powered FWD/RWD car would kill them

lol so your telling me, a 250bhp FWD car, would beat a 250bhp scooby? the scooby would kill it, better traction, amazing handling, and can go better round corners. so please mate.. GTF
Andy

17th Sep 04 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
I'm so tempted to buy that FQ 400 have you seen it? 175mph+, 0-60 in 3.5, 0-100 in 8 hehe 47k though but 3 yr warrenty. Got motec ecu, coilovers, carbon everywhere, bigger turbo just about everything uprated

I was talking to Mark at Owen Developments about this car - the spec is awesome. He's been doing a lot of the developmental mapping work for Mitsubishi. If you buy this car Nik, I will head straight down to Sussex and demand to be taken out in it
Robbo

17th Sep 04 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Owen
big eck

17th Sep 04 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik

any pics of this car??
nik

17th Sep 04 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks the same as a normal MR340 but has carbon dtm mirrors, carbon splitter, black 18s instead of anthracite, 400 badge on back
Super_si

17th Sep 04 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Uk or not still be highly tuned then it comes down to the jap short ratio box! thats it

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Std UK Impreza Turbo 22 database queries in 0.1970780 seconds