corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Rivalry (sp) CorsaSport v CorsaCrazy

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rivalry (sp) CorsaSport v CorsaCrazy
leeshez

User status: Offline
4th Oct 04 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

J da Silva

4th Oct 04 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kinkycorsa
I wasn't suggesting competition, just was thinkin bout how weird it is that despite similar interests they feel the need to hate CS and from the reaction im presuming the feelings are mutual.

Apart from Venom and vibs - I no ur secret

[Edited on 04-10-2004 by kinkycorsa]

What's mine and Ross's secret then?
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Oct 04 at 20:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
im presuming the feelings are mutual.
On the contrary, CC admin - whose real name I don't know - is a prem on here and advertises CC in his sig. Its not a problem, I don't mind if people want to defect over there. Anyone who has actually come to me with a genuine problem and not been a cock about demanding it fixing is usually sorted out. Anyone who shouts like an idiot or complains like a girl, generally gets completely ignored. We do aim to please, but lauging at idiots is funny all the same.

Its a shame really if most people are only going there as CS rejects because they hvae problems here, there was a thread no so long ago on there by some guy saying we close accounts deliberately to make ourselves look bigger, well, you'll have to dig out my response as I was entertained to say the least. I'm quite sure in my few years of sorting problems, I've had sorted that one quite easily. Maybe something was different in that case. Maybe me who fixes stuff daily, or maybe the other guy who wanted to complain over something fixable.

I know Tim fixes stuff daily to, and also likes laughing at idiots. We share many things and this viewpoint is one of them

There are a few things that annoy me moderately, like some of the forum names are similar, garage is also called garage, bits of content are nicked here and there. Its not a very concrete complaint though, and I'm not losing sleep though, and I also won't endorse any unjustified bitching.

Generally if people are not registered then they simply don't care.

It dilutes our show presence somewhat, as do all other start-ups. This is mostly out of my hands. CS is getting a bit more mechanically minded in its old age, many people dropping valvers in etc. I wouldn't mind a stand made up of engineered projects with the occasional bit of styling, other sites are welcome to boy racer tat. Room for all I feel.

[Edited on 04-10-2004 by Ian]
J da Silva

4th Oct 04 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pmsl you show me a car forum that doesn't have 'general chat'
Joff

4th Oct 04 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian<snip>I know Tim fixes stuff daily to, and also likes laughing at idiots. We share many things and this viewpoint is one of them

And is this the other?

Winston2nd

4th Oct 04 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been on there and is it me me or is it sh*te . Might be cause i've been on cs and got used to it but to me it's sh*te
cs for me
Robbo

PMSL @ Ian
Nismo

i agree with Ian , today i visited the site for the first time ever and it was apparant that parts of CS have appeared on CC , similar smileys , garages , prem membership etc...

but we get the idiots first to laugh at
Matt H

4th Oct 04 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
On the contrary, CC admin - whose real name I don't know - is a prem on here and advertises CC in his sig. Its not a problem, I don't mind if people want to defect over there. Anyone who has actually come to me with a genuine problem and not been a cock about demanding it fixing is usually sorted out. Anyone who shouts like an idiot or complains like a girl, generally gets completely ignored. We do aim to please, but lauging at idiots is funny all the same.

Its a shame really if most people are only going there as CS rejects because they hvae problems here, there was a thread no so long ago on there by some guy saying we close accounts deliberately to make ourselves look bigger, well, you'll have to dig out my response as I was entertained to say the least. I'm quite sure in my few years of sorting problems, I've had sorted that one quite easily. Maybe something was different in that case. Maybe me who fixes stuff daily, or maybe the other guy who wanted to complain over something fixable.

I know Tim fixes stuff daily to, and also likes laughing at idiots. We share many things and this viewpoint is one of them

There are a few things that annoy me moderately, like some of the forum names are similar, garage is also called garage, bits of content are nicked here and there. Its not a very concrete complaint though, and I'm not losing sleep though, and I also won't endorse any unjustified bitching.

It dilutes our show presence somewhat, as do all other start-ups. This is mostly out of my hands. CS is getting a bit more mechanically minded in its old age, many people dropping valvers in etc. I wouldn't mind a stand made up of engineered projects with the occasional bit of styling, other sites are welcome to boy racer tat. Room for all I feel.

did paul j teach you english?

i think you are right though. cs is a great site but it might not be what alot of people expect from a modded car site, it does seem to have matured away from combat kits & 17s even though styling is still a huge part of the backbone of this sites sucess. the stand for engineered projects sounds like a good idea too

who knows maybe in 5 yrs time cc will be like cs
goldfish
Banned

4th Oct 04 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by matt h
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

did paul j teach you english?

i think you are right though. cs is a great site but it might not be what alot of people expect from a modded car site, it does seem to have matured away from combat kits & 17s even though styling is still a huge part of the backbone of this sites sucess. the stand for engineered projects sounds like a good idea too

who knows maybe in 5 yrs time cc will be like cs

I doubt any forum could get as great as this one
Matt H

4th Oct 04 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i gotta agree.this is the best site i've used
Coblet

4th Oct 04 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I must admit this is vastly superior to cc
CorsAsh

4th Oct 04 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awww
goldfish
Banned

4th Oct 04 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CC seems to be populated by chavs IMHO.

also most pages seem to have more avatar and signature space than replys
CorsAsh

4th Oct 04 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by goldfish
also most pages seem to have more avatar and signature space than replys

Gives you something to look at whilst filtering through all the crap
goldfish
Banned

4th Oct 04 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL theres a thread on there asking for the cheapest peco exhaust online
Adam_B

4th Oct 04 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never even heard of corsa crazy
Kerry

4th Oct 04 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at the end of the day cs web pages load up 10x faster

do we need anything more to laugh at them about
Nath

4th Oct 04 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CC has never and will never become part of my internet history
goldfish
Banned

4th Oct 04 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I may join for a laugh
Adam_B

4th Oct 04 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i see daimo and vibrio are both registered on there, oh how ive missed there 'discussions'
Carl

4th Oct 04 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
CC seems to be populated by chavs IMHO.

Lol every corsa site has its chavs, its hard to avoid when the corsa is the next generation nova! And that stuff about CC being similiar to CS, well aint that obvious! and im sure if you look closely at every other car forum you will find that they are similiar. Things like "garage" and premium membership" are quite generic for car forums.
Also if you look closely you will find plenty of ned slating, and advising people NOT to buy shitty kits.
All in all they are very similiar sites but obviously Corsasport is alot well established. the drawback of this is there are too many blinkered members with their heads up their own arses on this site but then again there are always members like that on every site, its just that there are more of them here.
Carl

4th Oct 04 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
at the end of the day cs web pages load up 10x faster

do we need anything more to laugh at them about

lets not mention "too many connections"
Carl

4th Oct 04 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
PMSL theres a thread on there asking for the cheapest peco exhaust online

im sure there are no chav posts on this forum.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Oct 04 at 23:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CrazyCarlo
too many blinkered members with their heads up their own arses on this site
You could get that impression anywhere you didn't know people though could you not?

And no, before I named Off Day I looked around and made sure other forums didn't use that name, I even mailed a few asking if an adaptation of their idea was OK. A lot is blatently the same and its no good saying its generic. Same car, same visitors, I'd be making efforts to find a different name, not being either lazy or totally unoriginal.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Rivalry (sp) CorsaSport v CorsaCrazy 22 database queries in 0.1600020 seconds