corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fiesta Zetec s

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fiesta Zetec s
ajscorsa

User status: Offline
19th Oct 04 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably at 6000- 6500 in 5 th im touching 135mph
Siberia

19th Oct 04 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what BHP are u running?
ONeil

19th Oct 04 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a test drive and thought it was a nice car to drive + it is a little nippier than my 1.2 corsa.

It is also not to expensive to insure, my other choice is a vtr but i think they look awful and are shit to drive

comments welcome and recommendations of other cars
Gambit

19th Oct 04 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Siberia

at 6k rpm in 4th gear your car will be doing 96mph

in 5th it would be doing 121mph

this is using 195/50r15 tyre profile, add about +3-4 mph on 16's
Ditch

19th Oct 04 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ajscorsa
at 6000 revs in 4rd im doing 115

Ooooo, is that a special gear that I dont have?
Ditch

19th Oct 04 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Siberia

19th Oct 04 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gambit
Siberia

at 6k rpm in 4th gear your car will be doing 96mph

in 5th it would be doing 121mph

this is using 195/50r15 tyre profile, add about +3-4 mph on 16's

hmmm that would be about right so.....

and i dont think the focus would be far behind them figures......

anyways i only have the engine in a week and i'm still running to the previous owners preferance... gimme a few months to do my work on it... i'll get it humming sweetly......
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

19th Oct 04 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ONeil
i had a test drive and thought it was a nice car to drive + it is a little nippier than my 1.2 corsa.

A little nippier? it would absolutely rape a 1.2 corsa!

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
ajscorsa

19th Oct 04 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
what BHP are u running?

120 ish
ajscorsa

19th Oct 04 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ditch
quote:

wtf u laughin at fool
Scotty_B

19th Oct 04 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Zetec-s maybe slow in a straight line but around the twisties it would rape any model of standard Corsa old or new.
Gambit

19th Oct 04 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aj - is yours a 1.8?
ajscorsa

19th Oct 04 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope 1.6 but ive played with it a little
MarkM

19th Oct 04 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
they are not as slow as you think. factory figures were doctored so that it didnt compete performace wise with the puma.

speak to anybody who owns one or knows abit about them, and they will say the same.

I had one for a year...it was just as quick as my 1.6 Corsa Sport I had before it...but it could handle around corners also
MarkM

19th Oct 04 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LukeGSi
quote:
they are not as slow as you think. factory figures were doctored so that it didnt compete performace wise with the puma.

speak to anybody who owns one or knows abit about them, and they will say the same.

My old housemate had one, he had spent a lot tuning it - cams, management blah blah and standard GSi was still quicker

You talk shite...mine was on a par with my 1.6 corsa sport so at best I would say it was a fraction slower than a GSI...and with all that work you say he had done im sorry but your talking through your arse as it would deffo be quicker..I owned one for a year I have had experience in driving a 1.6 corsa sport for 2 years and the fiesta for a year...I should know...

Plus they handle superbly and look excellent as standard which is a lot more than you can say for 99% of corsas that roll out the factory...
Gambit

19th Oct 04 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
nope 1.6 but ive played with it a little

what have u done to get 120bhp? they are only 100bhp out of the box
ajscorsa

19th Oct 04 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cams inlet manifold and super chip

mine was faster than most when it was standard tho, it will eat a std 1.6 16v astra
LukeGSi

19th Oct 04 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sport16v
quote:
quote:

My old housemate had one, he had spent a lot tuning it - cams, management blah blah and standard GSi was still quicker

You talk shite...mine was on a par with my 1.6 corsa sport so at best I would say it was a fraction slower than a GSI...and with all that work you say he had done im sorry but your talking through your arse as it would deffo be quicker..I owned one for a year I have had experience in driving a 1.6 corsa sport for 2 years and the fiesta for a year...I should know...

Plus they handle superbly and look excellent as standard which is a lot more than you can say for 99% of corsas that roll out the factory...

I couldn't give a shit how many you have owned or driven I know his was shit. I also know my standard GSi was quicker. I don't really care for your opinion and think that if a zetec S was as quick as your sport either you drive like my nan or your engine was a wee bit fucked. Kindly GT[/f]F with you "corsas don't go round corners" comment, have you actually driven a quick corsa with a decent suspension set up? I doubt it. Cock!
Dave1682

19th Oct 04 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
cams inlet manifold and super chip

mine was faster than most when it was standard tho, it will eat a std 1.6 16v astra

Why was your car faster than most when it was standard? Was it a special, special edition?
MarkM

19th Oct 04 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I couldn't give a shit how many you have owned or driven I know his was shit. I also know my standard GSi was quicker. I don't really care for your opinion and think that if a zetec S was as quick as your sport either you drive like my nan or your engine was a wee bit fucked. Kindly GT[/f]F with you "corsas don't go round corners" comment, have you actually driven a quick corsa with a decent suspension set up? I doubt it. Cock!

Yes forgive me I apologise the fact that you drive a luke warm hatch qualifies you to have the final say on the performance of a car you havnt ever actually owned...

And its a known fact STANDARD Corsas handle like a bag of shite...I was talking about STANDARD Corsas in case you missed it...
LukeGSi

19th Oct 04 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm aware you were talking about STANDARD corsas, I was talking about MODIFIED corsas....I fail to see the problem?

at "luke warm hatch" I never said I owned a sports car did I? Again I fail to say how driving a corsa means I am only able to have knowledge of corsas?
MarkM

19th Oct 04 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the way you talk about cars you have never owned it gave me the impression that owning a GSI gave u magical knowledge of all other cars...as you are quick to dismiss the Zetec-S as being a very slow car...if you were to take your "Corsa tinted" glasses off and give your bias the day off you would discover that standard for standard the Zetec-S is a far nicer car to drive than "most" standard Corsas. Also the performance figures are on a par with the 1.6 Corsa Sport...both have around 100-105 BHP and both weigh roughly the same...

So were again are you getting that your GSI as standard was wiping the floor with your friends Zetec-S...the figures dont add up im afriad...maybe your friend drove like "my nan" as you so aptly put...thats why u may have beat him with ease...

[Edited on 19-10-2004 by sport16v]
Gambit

19th Oct 04 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you spent the same amount of money on both the corsa & fiesta in the suspension department. the corsa will still lose out
MarkM

19th Oct 04 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is nice to see a non-bias view on this matter...thank you gambit
LukeGSi

19th Oct 04 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
if you were to take your "Corsa tinted" glasses off and give your bias the day off you would discover that standard for standard the Zetec-S is a far nicer car to drive than "most" standard Corsas. Also the performance figures are on a par with the 1.6 Corsa Sport...both have around 100-105 BHP and both weigh roughly the same...

I don't wear "corsa tinted" glasses, I'll be the first one to admit most corsas are fairly shit, but for a car that doesn't cost much to buy or modify you could buy a lot worse. If I had the money I wouldn't drive a corsa unfortunatly untill I can afford something else I'll stick with it. I think you have missed my point, I didn't get into the handling debate, my orginal comment was that Zetec S' are dog slow and I stand by that comment. IMO they are nicer to drive and some can look very nice but that doesn't alter the fact they are slow! Someone please find some figures of standard corsa GSis and zetec S', I would only I'm now about to go and wash up

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fiesta Zetec s 23 database queries in 0.0160930 seconds