corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My bands been signed!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My bands been signed!
myke

User status: Offline
21st Oct 04 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

congrats Ben
Tiger

22nd Oct 04 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Laney

Are they sorting out tours and promoting you, or are they just putting your CD out?

Their not sorting out tours as such, but, they are recommending us and referring us to the companies that they deal with that are event organisers so we shall see what comes of that......But yes, they are promoting us.
Laney

22nd Oct 04 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good stuff
mad4corsa

22nd Oct 04 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my m8z got a rock/metal/melody band but needs asinger if any1 knows of any1???
Dom

22nd Oct 04 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
MINT AS lad

and the material on your site sounds good, although they seem to be mastered abit shitly (personal opinion) - vocals always seem to be overdosed on reverb and placed way back in the stereofield (Perfect circle shows this), which makes the electric guitar (and bongos/congas in perfect cirlce) seem waaaay too fordward. Plus the tracks seem to have a tad too much compression on certain instruments, especially the drums and percussion tracks.

however, Mr Doe is a great track - the intro is mastered really well, enough reverb and the backing voxs are excellent, especially the layered voxs. But then it kicks in and vocals sink back abit too much and you let everything else drown it, plus things are oddly placed in the stereofield - but in makes a change from the usual kick/bass and vox in centre and everything else placed around them.

sorry mate, getting abit technical (i get like this when i listen to stuff )....but the music is good mate, and you have defo got in at the right time, good luck with it

p.s - sorry if you get miffed at what i said about tracks, but ive known a few bands/people who have made it and local mags and a few bigs one have ripped the shites out of the mastering etc

The tracks werent mastered at all, they were just compressed and mixed down until we were happy with them........we were all in the studio and the CD sounded great at the time through the true monitors and stuff but obviously everyones stereo performs differently so certain tracks fell away a bit on certain stereos.

To be honest though - we didnt want an overpolished EP because it shows how much room there is for improvement..........This is our 3rd EP now (under different band names) and i think this one is more 'us' than any of them.

What youve said is pretty spot on and the things you picked up on are the same things weve picked up on too.

Cheers,

Ben_

no probs mate Wasnt being nasty or anything, just picking up a few things that sounded out of place to me, but like you said it means that you have something to work on in the future....plus polishing mixes too well means that the grityness of the track(s) is lost etc But it all depends what you want out of it etc

although one thing i would say, is to get it played on as many types of systems as possible - monitors are flat lined, so they show up quite abit. But as soon as the track(s) hit a pair of HiFi speakers, you start to lose infomation within the track(s), so you might need to boost that area alittle more etc etc Best thing is to a get a really cacky CD player, one of those 10 quid jobbies from tescos etc and if it sounds the muts on that (it is pretty difficult, but you get the idea ) and it sounds the muts on a decent setup then you know you have a winner

eitherway mate, good luck with the future and hope it all goes well mate one thing though mate, dont let the pound signs ruin your music
T1NK

22nd Oct 04 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wicked tunes, im loving it
Tiger

22nd Oct 04 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
dont let the pound signs ruin your music

Not a chance, pounds just buy the fuel for more creativeness

Tiger

22nd Oct 04 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by T1NK
wicked tunes, im loving it

Cheers

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My bands been signed! 22 database queries in 0.0092790 seconds