corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Is our favorite online auction site going to disappear?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is our favorite online auction site going to disappear?
Tim
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
24th Oct 04 at 11:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you say 1900 'hits' per day, do you mean this as in the technical term 'hit' or do you mean pages per day, or entire user sessions per day?

As 1900 single file requests really isn't very many...

Not knocking the popularity of the site, just curious as to what is software is giving you the stats really... (as web-metrics are notoriously difficult to get exactly right)...
Nismo

24th Oct 04 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UKflava is gash , if anyone thinks they can compete with ebay then they really must be a pound short of a bank , he wants 20K for that he wont get more than £30 for it.

he really needs to check out

http://www.mostwanteddomains.com
Ojc

24th Oct 04 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.attackiraq.com = $10,000
Sidesport

24th Oct 04 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

His website is SHITE.
Ric_Cav

24th Oct 04 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just like my e-mail address:

g@tecrasher.co.uk

the club offered me a very genorous amount

but it wasnt that much
Neil

24th Oct 04 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tim
When you say 1900 'hits' per day, do you mean this as in the technical term 'hit' or do you mean pages per day, or entire user sessions per day?

Not knocking the popularity of the site, just curious as to what is software is giving you the stats really... (as web-metrics are notoriously difficult to get exactly right)...

Yes, what are the unique visits?
goldfish
Banned

24th Oct 04 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
If a business is worth 5-6 times its annual turnover and we have a few prems who renew yearly, do the maths

and you ban a few as well
jr

24th Oct 04 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmfao at 20k
Carl

24th Oct 04 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by goldfish
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
If a business is worth 5-6 times its annual turnover and we have a few prems who renew yearly, do the maths

and you ban a few as well

unfortunatly your like a bad smell.
Nismo

24th Oct 04 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
www.attackiraq.com = $10,000

you want it dont you
Dom

24th Oct 04 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh, that domain would be more suitable towards a UK music website (ie: genres of garage, DnB etc)...but at the end of the day, its worth what ever someone is willing to pay for it
ed

24th Oct 04 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tim

The statistics for the site say that we have '1264 unique visitors today'. We use bbclone...
John

24th Oct 04 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The site and the address are a bit crap really. Unlucky ebay had the idea before him and have that well known a site that people with not so good online auction sites have to try and advertise on it.
ed

24th Oct 04 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sidesport
His website is SHITE.

Looking at www.sidesport.co.uk I would hardly be saying that. I'd love to see your PHP programming skills and MySQL skills. You cock.
John

24th Oct 04 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1800ed
quote:
His website is SHITE.

Looking at www.sidesport.co.uk I would hardly be saying that. I'd love to see your PHP programming skills and MySQL skills. You cock.

Lmao i just went to that site. Even if you don't do anything else will you please get rid of the stupid thing that follows your cursor. Its not cool to have them on a site.
ed

24th Oct 04 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All those sorts of things say are - Look at me, I can't program anything for shit so I have to go and copy stuff off of other peoples sites...
Dom

24th Oct 04 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
His website is SHITE.

yea, but we're talking about the domain not the site - and WTF has php and database skills got to do with the site design ?!?!

eitherway, he had problems from the start tbh. Its like creating a new operating system from scratch and going ahead with microsoft/linux etc
it wasnt good business sense, but he had the balls to try it.....but unless he ups his advertising to mainline advertising methods and has loads of tricks up his sleeve to get people to swap from ebay, then hes fighting abit of a pointless battle - you might as well burn the cash or use it as bog roll instead of pouring it into the website
Greg_M

24th Oct 04 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thout id seen it all with Uk flava, but then i went to sidesport.co.uk

wtf is that all about
Dom

24th Oct 04 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greg12v
i thout id seen it all with Uk flava, but then i went to sidesport.co.uk

wtf is that all about

its a personal website tbh, you cant compaire a personal website to a company website - ones to make money, the other is a hobby but yesh i agree it does need abit more work but unless he is using it as a portfolio or to make money, then whats the point
ed

24th Oct 04 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
quote:
quote:
His website is SHITE.

yea, but we're talking about the domain not the site - and WTF has php and database skills got to do with the site design ?!?!

eitherway, he had problems from the start tbh. Its like creating a new operating system from scratch and going ahead with microsoft/linux etc
it wasnt good business sense, but he had the balls to try it.....but unless he ups his advertising to mainline advertising methods and has loads of tricks up his sleeve to get people to swap from ebay, then hes fighting abit of a pointless battle - you might as well burn the cash or use it as bog roll instead of pouring it into the website

Er.. He said "His website is SHITE" not his domain name is shite you idiot. Websites and domains are different things... Duhhh...
Dom

24th Oct 04 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
quote:
quote:
His website is SHITE.

Er.. He said "His website is SHITE" not his domain name is shite you idiot. Websites and domains are different things... Duhhh...

eitherway, what has php/database stuff got to do with site design???
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Oct 04 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because if you want to throw stones you really shouldn't live in a greenhouse.
Adam

24th Oct 04 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much would you pay me for www.adampetherick.co.uk?
Scottydoo
Banned

24th Oct 04 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1p
Mark Petty

24th Oct 04 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like ukflava, it has been designed really well and looks really professional. Not sure how much someone would pay for the name though but its probably getting a load of hits now.
sidesport.co.uk looks shit the design is so basic and the colour scheme is fucking awful, i don't know how someone can say ukflava is shite when they can't do fuck all.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Is our favorite online auction site going to disappear? 22 database queries in 0.0202241 seconds