corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car broken into (pics)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car broken into (pics)
RCoughtrie

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 04 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all those picures anger me, thats fuking low as hell, is there a thread on tips and tricks to make it hard if not impossible ? personly this scares me to see this i have alot of ICE in my car, any specs on devices such as toad ect ?
WhiteGSI

22nd Nov 04 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what the fuck are deadlocks? im stupid
corb

22nd Nov 04 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im very suspicious of that tbh mate, as even if it was a pro who done it, like you said, they wouldnt have unscrewed your 6x9's, power/ground/remote wires on the amp and unplugged the rca's.

They simply woulda yanked the shelf out and cut any wires with cutters, as they'd wanna get outta there asap and just unscrew it all later on.
Smick

22nd Nov 04 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they sure took their time over it anyways. Even bent the door back and closed it again.

They also looked thru my glovebox, this was the first thing I noticed wen I got into the car this mornin cuz it was open, and I always have it closed. All the cds I had in there wer copies apart from 1, they took the 1 original and left the copies.

It would be a good idea to create a thread / sticky on how to protect ur stuff IMO.

Im still wondering why they broke into my car tho when no one around where my gran lives knows me. I had a steering wheel lock on and the face off the cd player. Only thing u cud c were shit £35 pioneer 6*9s.

[Edited on 22-11-2004 by Smick]
Adam-D

22nd Nov 04 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its shit m8 and i know its hard but when i had my corsa the first mod was a £400 cat 1 alarm and immob not the most exciting mod but my car never got touched thankfully

sorry to see that m8 is it covered by insurance?
Smick

22nd Nov 04 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah wont be covered by insurance cuz it isnt standard audio equipment, even if it was I wouldnt claim.

I costs me £1300 / year to insure my car in my mums name with me as a named driver (it would be around £2400 in my own name) Im 19 and its my first year drivin. Its expensive bcuz I live in N Ireland, that is cheap compared to some of the quotes I got. The excess on my policy is £500, I had 2 put it up cuz it makes the overall insurance a good bit cheaper.

This is a group 2 car, we get well ripped off over here.
Adam-D

22nd Nov 04 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

big ass alarm install is next then?

keep a eye open for anyone selling a cheap stereo?
Smick

22nd Nov 04 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They didnt touch my stereo, just took all the stuff in the back!

Yeah, alarm goin in this week, Im goin out 2mora 2 sort summit out.
Carr

23rd Nov 04 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know whether or not to get an alram for my car before i do anything fpor it but dont know if it will be worth it as i havent got central locking or anything so surely it wont work or will just cost a load more to get installed as i will have to get central locking installed aswell.
anyone know?
foster11984

23rd Nov 04 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at leats they didnt nick ur rear bumper aswell, same thing happened to me a couple of months ago, nicked all the stuff out the boot and left the head unit and decided they fancied my bumper aswell, tried to have my wing mirrors away aswell but luckily couldnt get them off
Smick

23rd Nov 04 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nick ur bumper!? no way man. Havnt herd that 1 before!

Went today to get somethin sorted alarm wise, gettin a Cobra alarm fitted for £175. Just a pretty basic model but the guy said it is a good solid alarm.

Carr >> As for having central locking, I dont have central locking either, the alarm will work fine without it. You can get elec motors put on your locks so it will all work from the remote but I was quoted another £70-£100 for the parts + labour for fitting. I mite decide to get this done aswel for convenience, isnt gettin installed till Thurs so I have a couple of days to think bout it.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car broken into (pics) 22 database queries in 0.0129292 seconds