corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I know its another .... Vs ....... but..

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I know its another .... Vs ....... but..
broster
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Nov 04 at 10:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for example..................
Joff

28th Nov 04 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Claire

28th Nov 04 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For example people having an argument over which car will "cain" another when there is a very small power difference. Torque has not even been mentioned for a start. Not to mention driver skill or handling capabilities of the different cars.
broster
Premium Member

28th Nov 04 at 10:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they will be pretty even on the old handeling front id say.
Claire

28th Nov 04 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster

Perhaps (i would actually tend to agree with you on this) but that was just an example. If you want to know which will win in a straight line then just go and look in a site where the vehicles have been tested by people with similar skill and have published figures. When it actuallty comes to it there are many different factors involved and for people to say one will "rape" another is just silly. If we were talking about an Evo 6 'v' a daihatsu copen then fair enough - it would rape it but ffs we are talking very similar cars performance wise.

[Edited on 28-11-2004 by Claire G]
Joff

28th Nov 04 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I suspect no comparison will actually be carried out under test conditions, so everything is in fact bullshit.

Fiesta will beat the VTR until 30mph, then the VTR will pull away to 42mph, then when it comes to a corner, the Fiesta will rev to 5,800rpm in 3rd and hit 65mph then out of no-where the Corsa comes flying past and saves the day.
Claire

28th Nov 04 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
quote:

I suspect no comparison will actually be carried out under test conditions, so everything is in fact bullshit.

Fiesta will beat the VTR until 30mph, then the VTR will pull away to 42mph, then when it comes to a corner, the Fiesta will rev to 5,800rpm in 3rd and hit 65mph then out of no-where the Corsa comes flying past and saves the day.

I stand corrected
Joff

28th Nov 04 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about my mates old Raleigh Lizard with 18 gears vs my Marin Palisades Trail with 21 gears, but was stolen 4 years ago?
Joff

28th Nov 04 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kellogs Fruit and Fibre with Semi-Skimmed milk vs Quaker Oatso Simple (syrup) with Skimmed milk?
Claire

28th Nov 04 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What about my mates old Raleigh Lizard with 18 gears vs my Marin Palisades Trail with 21 gears, but was stolen 4 years ago?

Well again down to rider skill I would say. but as the Raleigh willl way about 200kg's more than the marin I would go with the marin
broster
Premium Member

28th Nov 04 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

obviously if its stolen its the far more desirable hence faster option.
Claire

28th Nov 04 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Kellogs Fruit and Fibre with Semi-Skimmed milk vs Quaker Oatso Simple (syrup) with Skimmed milk?

Kellogs Fruit and Fibre with Semi-Skimmed milk - no contest
Cybermonkey

28th Nov 04 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Claire G
For example people having an argument over which car will "cain" another when there is a very small power difference. Torque has not even been mentioned for a start. Not to mention driver skill or handling capabilities of the different cars.

You can get tae fook with your torque chat. Both are naturally aspirated 1600cc 4 cylinder engines. I dont think they were built to give out massive torque, more like high end power. Talking about the differences in torque is like talking about the differences between joff's bicycles. BTW, i used to have a Raleigh Extreme (green) with the wheel trims
Steve
Premium Member

28th Nov 04 at 10:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love it when girls try to talk cars, it just dont happen

[Edited on 28-11-2004 by GSiSteve]
Steve
Premium Member

28th Nov 04 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used to have a black wolfrace bike, with a black box that used to talk and make noises when you pressed the button, the wheels went rusty and the box stopped talking so i got angry with it and threw it in my grandads fishing lake
the_legend_of_yrag

28th Nov 04 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the early vtr 90bhp and the late ones 100?? mate has an early one and i could keep up with it in my 8v sri when it was on 16's
Claire

28th Nov 04 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
quote:

You can get tae fook with your torque chat. Both are naturally aspirated 1600cc 4 cylinder engines. I dont think they were built to give out massive torque, more like high end power. Talking about the differences in torque is like talking about the differences between joff's bicycles. BTW, i used to have a Raleigh Extreme (green) with the wheel trims

I don't think they were built to be raced by chavs to see who has the biggest dick but it seems to happen. If you are going to talk about who has the fastest hair dryer then please do it properly and include all the factors. Otherwise kindly STFU and stop talking shit
Claire

28th Nov 04 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GSiSteve

I feel I have more knowledge and experience than a large number of people on this site so try not to be sexist in future please
Joff

28th Nov 04 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i used to have a black wolfrace bike, with a black box that used to talk and make noises when you pressed the button, the wheels went rusty and the box stopped talking so i got angry with it and threw it in my grandads fishing lake

Was that black with red bits or black with blue bits?
Joff

28th Nov 04 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I feel I have more knowledge and experience than a large number of people on this site so try not to be sexist in future please

Get your tits out.
Cybermonkey

28th Nov 04 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

My mate had one of those, and we used to ride it into pine trees at high speed, it was mostly plastic so was very light
Cybermonkey

28th Nov 04 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
quote:

I don't think they were built to be raced by chavs to see who has the biggest dick but it seems to happen. If you are going to talk about who has the fastest hair dryer then please do it properly and include all the factors. Otherwise kindly STFU and stop talking shit

But torque isnt a fucking factor you dumb ass!! In a 5.7 litre V8 chevy lump, torque is a factor, not in a pissy little 1.6 4 cyl. Yes i agree that torque is very useful, but the amounts we are talking about are hardly worthy of a mention. You are the one talking shit. Besides, how much money did Citroen spend aiming the C2 towards the boy-racer market after the appeal of the Saxo as the most chavy raced car in english history. So yes, they were built to be raced by chavs
Drew
Banned

28th Nov 04 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cybercock being abusive over the internet again, how big and clever

of course torque is a factor anyway, if the 2 cars where the same bhp, and the same weight, with the same driver, the one with the larger torque would be quicker - fuckface
Marc

28th Nov 04 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cyber nob are you still shagging kangeroos or are they humping your ass too now,you obnoxtious wanker.
Marc

28th Nov 04 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And how is torque not a "fucking factor" as you so nicely put it?

We're talking about two cars that are pretty similar in power outputs and engine size only one is an 8v and the other is a 16v. Hence differant power and torque distribution. So when comparing these two cars of course torque will be a factor you fool.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I know its another .... Vs ....... but.. 22 database queries in 0.0156291 seconds