corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Record of the year. a big congratulations to...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Record of the year. a big congratulations to...
Dr Pepper

User status: Offline
4th Dec 04 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:
quote:
Melua can sing and write-- not my cuppa tea but the girl has some serious talant...and shes hot.

Bedingfield cant sing or write but she is reasonably attractive. Her brother is a cunt

Anastacia looks and sings like a man

[Edited on 04-12-2004 by Dr Pepper]

bedingfields sell pop music. they are good at what they do. they can both sing and both make money. you need to STFU and get back to driving your mini

Im sorry vibrio i just must have higher standards than you clearly. Im not a pop music fan but i can appreciate good pop music. Abba, Bee Gees, Blondie, Michael Jackson-- all made fantastic music. At the moment i like what sugarbabes are doing and alicia keys, lemar and many others.

What I can not stand is music made purely for the purpose of making money and selling products/tv shows. The bedingfields are one such example of how popular you can make average acts if they have the right face and you throw enough money at it. Neither of them have made an album that has contributed anything to the long term good of music. Neither will be known in ten years.

As someone who plays a number of instruments to a decent level I feel it is you who needs to stfu and get back to driving your punto

FPMSL - sugarbabes, alicia keys and lemar

I suspect you are in no position to comment about music in any shape or form

pop music is bought mainly by those under 20. people in the charts make music to sell and to make money. they are popular according to the treads at the time. maybe you just don't understand the concept of pop music. the fact remains that both sell records and sell more than the 'pop' acts you mention above. so what if they are not remembered in 10 years time as they will be rich and enjoying their life.

Are you honestly suggesting that the beddingfields sell more records than alicia keys--- didnt she win some grammys mate? lol

The beddingfields are nothing in the record industry they will not be very rich. Compare their record sales to people like u2, oasis, robbie williams and they will not be in the same universe
Dr Pepper

4th Dec 04 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jodi_the_g
quote:
quote:
the bedingfields are richer than you will ever be and if they do it with no talnet fair play to them

Why is it whenever you critisize chart music people bring up the money issue. Record companies would like you to believe whoever sells the most records is the most talented but its clearly not true. I am quite happy with my financial status by the way and i certainly dont envy the beddingfields.

I doubt they are that rich anyway- the people around them will swallow up most of that. They arnt really selling many records compared to artists of the past. Chart music is dead

I guess you playing you guiatar in your bed room is the way to go. Shit best ring sony.

Pop music = Popular music = what sells at the time

I dont understand what the fuck you are on about mate.........but i think you will find noel gallagher, paul mcartney, john lennon, hendrix ect all started off playing guitar in their bedrooms.
vibrio
Banned

4th Dec 04 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Melua can sing and write-- not my cuppa tea but the girl has some serious talant...and shes hot.

Bedingfield cant sing or write but she is reasonably attractive. Her brother is a cunt

bedingfields sell pop music. they are good at what they do. they can both sing and both make money. you need to STFU and get back to driving your mini

Im sorry vibrio i just must have higher standards than you clearly. Im not a pop music fan but i can appreciate good pop music. Abba, Bee Gees, Blondie, Michael Jackson-- all made fantastic music. At the moment i like what sugarbabes are doing and alicia keys, lemar and many others.

What I can not stand is music made purely for the purpose of making money and selling products/tv shows. The bedingfields are one such example of how popular you can make average acts if they have the right face and you throw enough money at it. Neither of them have made an album that has contributed anything to the long term good of music. Neither will be known in ten years.

As someone who plays a number of instruments to a decent level I feel it is you who needs to stfu and get back to driving your punto

FPMSL - sugarbabes, alicia keys and lemar

I suspect you are in no position to comment about music in any shape or form

pop music is bought mainly by those under 20. people in the charts make music to sell and to make money. they are popular according to the treads at the time. maybe you just don't understand the concept of pop music. the fact remains that both sell records and sell more than the 'pop' acts you mention above. so what if they are not remembered in 10 years time as they will be rich and enjoying their life.

Are you honestly suggesting that the beddingfields sell more records than alicia keys--- didnt she win some grammys mate? lol

The beddingfields are nothing in the record industry they will not be very rich. Compare their record sales to people like u2, oasis, robbie williams and they will not be in the same universe

U2 have been around since late 70's, oasis and robbie williams have been around alot longer. U2 are a good band even though they have made a few bad albums, oasis are past it and robbie williams is a marketing effect due to take that and could not crack the US

vibrio
Banned

4th Dec 04 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
the bedingfields are richer than you will ever be and if they do it with no talnet fair play to them

Why is it whenever you critisize chart music people bring up the money issue. Record companies would like you to believe whoever sells the most records is the most talented but its clearly not true. I am quite happy with my financial status by the way and i certainly dont envy the beddingfields.

I doubt they are that rich anyway- the people around them will swallow up most of that. They arnt really selling many records compared to artists of the past. Chart music is dead

I guess you playing you guiatar in your bed room is the way to go. Shit best ring sony.

I dont understand what the fuck you are on about mate.........but i think you will find noel gallagher, paul mcartney, john lennon, hendrix ect all started off playing guitar in their bedrooms.

they may have but your missing the point above

p.s hendriz was shit and lennon lost the plot
Dr Pepper

4th Dec 04 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate robbie williams-- im just saying his record sales would be miles higher than the beddingfields.

Look at how many copies of definately maybe were sold in its first year then compare this to the beddingfields. Oasis would have had the rights to their songs as well.... The beddingfields wont make that much money from their short careers....they will probably be on the im a celebrity in 5 years
Dr Pepper

4th Dec 04 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Anyone who thinks hendrix was shit clearly knows fuck all about music......even if you dont like that sort of music you should be able to appreciate that he was a genius at what he did.
Jodi_the_g

4th Dec 04 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just checked and daniel bedingfield writes all his own stuff
Dr Pepper

4th Dec 04 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
just checked and daniel bedingfield writes all his own stuff

Actually his new album had a co writer--- similar to robbie williams when he used to claim he wrote all his own music lol. I dont really see how you 'write' a drum and synth loop anyway

Have you heard his music anyway-- its appalling --- guttless weak shite
vibrio
Banned

4th Dec 04 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Anyone who thinks hendrix was shit clearly knows fuck all about music......even if you dont like that sort of music you should be able to appreciate that he was a genius at what he did.

hendrix was aproduct of his time. he was a black drugged up guitar player. fitted in with the times and could be easily marketed. yes he could play the guitar but so can many other people and they don;t get to be so well known but then maybe they don't want to die young
Marc

4th Dec 04 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Have you heard his music anyway-- its appalling --- guttless weak shite

You have such a way with words!
Dr Pepper

4th Dec 04 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

hendrix was aproduct of his time. he was a black drugged up guitar player. fitted in with the times and could be easily marketed. yes he could play the guitar but so can many other people and they don;t get to be so well known but then maybe they don't want to die young

This shows how ignorant you are mate.

What hendrix did was create a form of lead guitar that has been copied and evolved up to the present day. His guitar licks and riffs are evident in much of todays guitar music.

He is also the best i have seen at singing and playing at the same time. To be able to sing with the strength and timing he had , whilst playing some of the hardest guitar parts known to man was unbelievable. Anybody who plays guitar will tell you just how wrong you are on this

Tiesto

4th Dec 04 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont get it tbh, Surely record of the year would take into account if it reached number 1 how many copies it sold etc. Why wasnt Eric Prydz in there then? I think it was all based on who they could get in to sing the songs.
Dr Pepper

4th Dec 04 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You really are a child vibrio--- why cant you just discuss your music views in this thread without quoting me out of context in your signature. Is it cos you know i cant answer back to your signature?

I wasnt sayning im a fan of alicia keys and sugar babes-- i dint really like chart music, but i can see some quality in their song writing. It is possible to appreciate the work that has gone into something that is not neccesarily your own taste
AK

4th Dec 04 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

did i read lemar.... suger babes......

I thought you were a bloke

seriously!
M2RTY

4th Dec 04 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bedingfield is miles richer then williams i think ull find
vibrio
Banned

4th Dec 04 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Kindness
quote:
quote:
quote:

did i read lemar.... suger babes......

I thought you were a bloke

seriously!

owns a mini
Dr Pepper

4th Dec 04 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Once again--- im not a fan of sugarbabes or lemar--- but thet do have some talent.

That first song sugar babes did sounded like a beck tune. to be fair i cant actually think of anything else they have done

And you cant argue lemar and keys arnt good at what they do.

I mostly listen to older guitar music-- beatles, pixies ect. Mettalica are probably one of the best live acts ive eber seen- radiohead are up their too.

I also listen to lots of hip hop and drum & bass. I like anything that has had a bit of thought and effort put into it.

Dr Pepper

4th Dec 04 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For gods sake virio--- yes i have a mini-- get over it.

I like it- you dont. I would never ever consider buying the car you have but i dont have to bring it up no matter what the thread is about. Grow up mate

AK

4th Dec 04 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stop quoting huge quotes please....
Dr Pepper

4th Dec 04 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol sorry
AK

4th Dec 04 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was starting to read with my head on its side for some reason
vibrio
Banned

4th Dec 04 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

For gods sake virio--- yes i have a mini-- get over it.

I like it- you dont. I would never ever consider buying the car you have but i dont have to bring it up no matter what the thread is about. Grow up mate

I'm not sure what virio has contribuited to this thread but I suspect he will agree with me on the pop music side of things.

P.S the pixes etc are not pop acts. where you even in your teens when black, kim and joey where blasting out broken face
AK

4th Dec 04 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think all, or rather most, of chart music is pish.... but in all reality who cares.

The record companys are making money, sensible folk arent spending money..... its the daft wee teenage girls buying the really talentless drivel. If they get away with it.... fair play... they have to watch themselves in 10years time bopping around on a wee stage like monkeys.... all infront of 8yr old lassies

i dont really like any bands as such..... i just like songs
vibrio
Banned

4th Dec 04 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Kindness
I think all, or rather most, of chart music is pish.... but in all reality who cares.

The record companys are making money, sensible folk arent spending money..... its the daft wee teenage girls buying the really talentless drivel. If they get away with it.... fair play... they have to watch themselves in 10years time bopping around on a wee stage like monkeys.... all infront of 8yr old lassies

i dont really like any bands as such..... i just like fat chicks

so true
Dr Pepper

4th Dec 04 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only really got into the pixies about 5 years ago--- saw them at brixton and t in the park recently--- absolutely incredible band.

Sorry i didnt relize you had to be in your teens when a band has success to appreciate their music.... lol

I didnt say they were pop acts did I? i dont care whether something is pop, rock ect-- its how goos it is that counts.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Record of the year. a big congratulations to... 22 database queries in 0.1200390 seconds