corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what turbo can replace the standard LET item?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what turbo can replace the standard LET item?
Mattb

User status: Offline
4th Feb 05 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any way back to the original post..

an interestin gread on the let.. http://www.max-boost.co.uk
AK

4th Feb 05 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

V-tuning are supplied by Wallace Perf by the way
Fad

4th Feb 05 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Kindness
V-tuning are supplied by Wallace Perf by the way

are they? I know the geezer who supplies wallace with their engines and regal also
Stu

4th Feb 05 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Teddy
quote:
Originally posted by Stu
Dont just increase boost straight off, not sure what standard boost is on one of them but the standard tubby should be good for another 5 psi! Bear in mind that if the car is set up correctly 1 PSI can create 10-11 bhp.

You cant just increase the pressure anyway - the Management and the amal value will shut it off and bring up an engine management fault as....

"Boost out of range"

Its the engines fail safe.

Was just talking from a general point of view when starting to tune a turbo charged car.

Know very little about the LET's myself, but it sort of goes without saying that when you are thinking about upgrading the turbo, mangement to fuel and time the engine is gonna be needed anyway!
timrud_

4th Feb 05 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back to the topic and the point Teddy made waaaaaaaaay back in the thread.

I'd like to believe I'm running well over 250bhp, and your welcome to come round to mine and I'll proove you can get minimal spin in 2nd and NONE in third if driven right. Then I'll drive like a spoon and easily get it spinning in 3rd (or 6th if its raining bad).

All about the driver!
J da Silva

4th Feb 05 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
get a TO4 you will fly then

I haven't heard of a LET with a Garrett T04B jobby on
J da Silva

4th Feb 05 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
Top purchase

agree with all the comments made so far..

a GOOD, and i stress good, standard kkk16 turbo can supply enough boost to take the lump to 350bhp (with other mods obviously).
other options are the various hybrids out there for example regals 'race spec' which i think is basically a kkk26. or you can replace it with anything you want, but youd need a new manifold and custom map.

a fron mounted intercooler is a must on a corsa conversion but dont bother with teh regal/eds item, its not worth the money, get a universal forge one.

dont be so hasty to scrap the standard turbo

Agreed Matt, you seem to have your head screwed on with LET'S from all the comments you've made on them over the time I've been registered, most Hybrid can't outhall a standard tubby only keep on par with it, I got a bigger one cos I have stupid plans thats all, nothing roadworthy.
J da Silva

4th Feb 05 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by timrud_
Teddy, its an urban myth they spin up in any gear with some decent power!

Nice dry day, bit of good driving and traction is not a real issue.....

If your building a car properly for mega silly power, you should not cut corners, so a new manifold/management should be part of the plan!

Yes. Yes. Give it to me now!
J da Silva

4th Feb 05 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by timrud_
Back to the topic and the point Teddy made waaaaaaaaay back in the thread.

I'd like to believe I'm running well over 250bhp, and your welcome to come round to mine and I'll proove you can get minimal spin in 2nd and NONE in third if driven right. Then I'll drive like a spoon and easily get it spinning in 3rd (or 6th if its raining bad).

All about the driver!

As you've probably read in the past Tim, the style I drive, an LSD wouldn't benefit, I don't rally on rubbley/gravelly surfaces, but I get the power down very quickly with the way I manipulate throttle surges when lifting off.
J da Silva

4th Feb 05 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it's like anything you do, if your willing to be taught and 'told off' by a pier you can learn anything you want, I specifically take an added interest in the c20let's and c20xe's, as I like the fact it's not japanese, so no idea's were copied from ford or vauxhall, and you can tune them just as good with the right mods.
J da Silva

4th Feb 05 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have 2 good options powerwise...

1. Fit higher comp pistons(maybe tougher rods, not essential), decent sized intercooler, turn boost up a notch, won't drastically put your engine under much more strain, will feel more responsive due to the higher comp pistons.

2. Totally strip the block,head,box everything and build it back up with the uprated gear...

Hybrid Turbocharger, with manifold if needed
Large FMIC
Low comp pistons 86-86.5-87mm will do, with ridged rings
Taller,tougher con rods with the bolts
Steel headgasket and re-new the set
Vernier Pulley's major advantage being the pulley wheels turns inside another wheel
5th injector kit added to plenum
Fit oil spraying nozzles to aid piston cooling
Big end bearings and main bearing shells
Uprate oil,water,fuel pumps
skim the engine block top, re-bore it
skim cylinder head

You would get a decently powered lump, but your wallet will be upset for a while.

Ian
Site Administrator

21st Feb 05 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Kindness
edit this thread

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
kushti would be banned

Done, and done.
Jambo

21st Feb 05 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Teddy.

I have an LET its not horrific. As you mentioned it is possible to spin the wheels. If you were trying this in the wet i suggest some safer driving style for the conditions.

you just need to respect it, i struggle a little in 2nd, but im still learning i have 0 problems otherwise, plus. i havent found anything that can keep up with it in 3rd anyway

I was a nightmare at first with my car, i span in all gears, you just gotta be gentle

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what turbo can replace the standard LET item? 22 database queries in 0.0143299 seconds