corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just had an accident :(

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just had an accident :(
DAYZEE

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 05 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it WILL affect you insurance next year, but you won't lose your no claims. The reason being the insurance company believe if you have made one claim, regardless of fault, you are likely to claim again. Its a fvcking pi55 take but it true, when they ask if you have been involved in an accident an you say yes you can guarantee there will be al least £100 extra on your premium.
I'm not making this up, I know a guy who work for an underwriters and thats the policy.
Paul_J

23rd Mar 05 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So how do I go about doing this? (I'm clueless)...

I ring my insurance and say what? - should I tell the guy who caused it that I'm gonna go through insurance as I've been advised (coz I told him that I'd prefere to go private).

When speaking to insurance what do I say? 'hello, yes I've had an accident that wasn't my fault and I have witnesses and the other drive admits blame?'

Then what happens? Etc?

Also about the police thing - I don't want to report it to police if possible, as I don't like them and it may sting me in the future. But if I did report it - how do I go about doing that?

Ring 999 and go 'I had an accident today... just letting you know'

will I deffo get a curtousy car even though I'm only tpft and don't have it on my policy?

Paul J
Fad

23rd Mar 05 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DAYZEE
it WILL affect you insurance next year, but you won't lose your no claims. The reason being the insurance company believe if you have made one claim, regardless of fault, you are likely to claim again. Its a fvcking pi55 take but it true, when they ask if you have been involved in an accident an you say yes you can guarantee there will be al least £100 extra on your premium.
I'm not making this up, I know a guy who work for an underwriters and thats the policy.

My ex works for an underwritters and thats an urban myth. I had a bad rear shunt and my valver insurance was not affected.

The main things that affect your premium is postal code, car, whether your married or not, age and occupation.
Gez G

23rd Mar 05 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy_N9~DYB
my mate works for admiral and in most cases ure insurance will go up more if u were involved in an accident that wasnt your fault compared to if it was

the reason behind this is that if ure tailgating in the rain and u run into the back of them, chances are ull learn a lesson and not do it again

wen sum1 hits u u havent really got a lesson to learn, apparently it makes u less confident on the road resulting in u being a poorer driver

Bailey, you talk pish!
I work for Norwich Union Direct, this is NOT the case with us, or Esure as I have a few mates who work in claims there.

NON fault claims that are fully settled have no effect on the premium although you still have to inform the insurers of it.
If it has not been settled, it is classed as a fault claim until all losses have been recovered and your excess returned to you.
DAYZEE

23rd Mar 05 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:
Originally posted by DAYZEE

My ex works for an underwritters and thats an urban myth. I had a bad rear shunt and my valver insurance was not affected.

The main things that affect your premium is postal code, car, whether your married or not, age and occupation.

Its no myth, happened to my work friend only last month......
£87 extra on his policy because some dozy tart reversed into his car in Tesco.
Gez G

23rd Mar 05 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats possibly because the claim wasnt settled at the time, or if the other driver didnt stop so had to claim their own policy!
DAYZEE

23rd Mar 05 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gez G
Thats possibly because the claim wasnt settled at the time, or if the other driver didnt stop so had to claim their own policy!

She admitted fault, all loses recovered, didn't cost him a thing.....until premium time!

I think the thing is all insurance companies are different.
ryzer

23rd Mar 05 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i live near there, those roads are crazy, u always get the tw*ts who feel they need to overtake even when its completely unnessesary. bad luck mate but many people have been killed on those roads, hope the cars alright
Paul_J

23rd Mar 05 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh was on the drift road mate... Just come out of legoland and was gonna go down to get on the m4 at maidenhead junction to pick up some stuff from uni.
Kerry

23rd Mar 05 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paul i have just made a claim and it wasnt my fault if u want to talk about it with me and get some advice let me know
POISoft
Banned

23rd Mar 05 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy_N9~DYB
my mate works for admiral and in most cases ure insurance will go up more if u were involved in an accident that wasnt your fault compared to if it was

the reason behind this is that if ure tailgating in the rain and u run into the back of them, chances are ull learn a lesson and not do it again

wen sum1 hits u u havent really got a lesson to learn, apparently it makes u less confident on the road resulting in u being a poorer driver

FFS why are people so thick, i have had two accidents neither my fault insurance didnt alter at all, your mate must work for sum dodgy insurance place.

Why should your insurance go up just cause some twat did summit stupid
leeshez

23rd Mar 05 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is bad shoot
mk4_astra

23rd Mar 05 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if hes willing to go private then go private, i think you should go to the police though as people who overtake cars on corners dont deserve a license. it happened to me with an audi tt racing a porshe, the tt was on the wrong side on the road and all i could do was hit the brakes and pray. he managed to squeeze in just in time but it left everyone in the car shook up for a while. anyway hope it all gets sorted fairly quickly
Colin

23rd Mar 05 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should have phoned the police!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kerry

23rd Mar 05 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with regard to the police

my mate got knocked off his motorbike by someone careless driving last week and the police turned round and said its not in the publics interest to pursue dangerous driving

in other words someone has to be seriously hurt or killed before they do jack shit

police will only attend an accident if the road is blocked or someone is seriously hurt....... i called to report my accident after it happened and they couldnt care less just gave and cad number... also insurance only asked me if police attended and that was it
Colin

23rd Mar 05 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry

police will only attend an accident if the road is blocked or someone is seriously hurt....... i called to report my accident after it happened and they couldnt care less just gave and cad number... also insurance only asked me if police attended and that was it

Ive had a few minor bumps and the police always came out & I got a copy of the statement sent to my insurance company which sorted everything out & I didnt even get hit with a claim form!!!
Kerry

23rd Mar 05 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i am only speaking from experience, guess i cant speak for every constabulary in the uk
Colin

23rd Mar 05 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes

GT4Brody

23rd Mar 05 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure you do it through the insurance or you can guarentee he will stitch you up, i no so many people that have agreed to do it privately and not been given a penny, me and my brother for a start....
INSURANCE
ed

23rd Mar 05 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Greasemonkey

23rd Mar 05 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dude i have had 4 accidents at least, wrote 2 cars off and still have nearly 5 years no claims, cos its never been my fault i just been unlucky, ya just have the hassle of explaining what happened and when every time ya get insurance, i pay £350 fully comp on my car dont effect ya insurance at all plus i have 6 point lol
Paul_J

23rd Mar 05 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok guys...

Update, spoke to the guy on the phone - and he's willing to do it through insurance. I've got his company name and address but he'll find out who they're insured by tommorrow. Then after that I'll phone my insurance company and go through the stuff.

Will the fact I'm tpft make it less likely that my insurance will bother to get this guy to pay? I've not got anything about curtousy car in my insurance statement, though it does say I'm covered for social, domestic and pleasure and communting to and from a place of perminant work.

Do you think I could try to push my insurer to push their insurer to give me a curtosy car while mine is getting repaired - even though I'm only third party?

I've got to get to work for the next 14 days - Really need the money over easter and I get a bonus if I work like the whole of easter, so I really need a curtosy car, plus friday and monday are double time

Paul J
Colin

23rd Mar 05 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could take a while to sort it out! Although if he admits liability then thats ok usually!!.....insurance can be a cunt - hope it works out for you

I got a courtesy car once when someonr run into the back of me - there ins paid.....brand new 10 miles on the clock 106 quicksilver - I gave that wee car some amount of abuse in those 3 days

[Edited on 23-03-2005 by Colin]
Greasemonkey

23rd Mar 05 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if ya agreed to a courtesy car you will get one, TPFT just means you will be carless till a decision has been made, if you were fully comp your car could go in to be repaired tomoz, and cos it is being repaired the insurers will push harder for a decision as they will initially have to fork out the cash, if you really need a car explain to ya insurers you do then hire a veihcle at your own cos and claim the expense back after, but its at ya own risk
Paul_J

23rd Mar 05 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

- but did you have courtesy car on your insurance policy? and what coverage were you tpft / f/c?

I know it may take a while bit gutted about that.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just had an accident :( 22 database queries in 0.0921030 seconds