corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Im a t*at

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Im a t*at
Paul_J

User status: Offline
12th Apr 05 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James_DT
Wouldn't they just use VASCAR (sp?) instead of their speedo?

I had a Road Angel 2... So I think they didn't want to use it as I'd detect it and slow down.

But they didn't show me any evidence either?
Paul_J

12th Apr 05 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

out of curiousity what car do you have and what engine?
britaxcooper

12th Apr 05 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
out of curiousity what car do you have and what engine?

its a 1.4 corsa B 5 door, none ecotec engine
Greg_M

13th Apr 05 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought 20mph over the speed limit was instant ban?

even so 25mph over the speed limit must be 5 points at least
Claire

13th Apr 05 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the end of the day it's probably not such a bad thing that this has happened. If you do 85+ mph the day you pass your test can you imagine how fast you will be going in a few months time when you have more confidence. Don't take that in the wrong way - I hope you don't get a ban as I'm sure the thought of it will be enough to make you keep an eye on your speed in the future, I'm just saying it's maybe a blessing in disguise.
If you do end up going to court make sure you plead guilty as they take a dim view of people who are blatently guilty but waste time by denying it. If you accept your mistake (which you seem to have) then they are much more likely to see that you've learned your lesson!
Good luck!
marklaruk

13th Apr 05 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres something called drivers survival handbook, done by some cop who left the force and wrote a book...

http://www.drivershandbook.co.uk/cpc/

stuff in it like the laser cameras have to be tested EVERYDAY they are used.

duno if it will help but there u go anyway
topshot_2k
Banned

13th Apr 05 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i thought 20mph over the speed limit was instant ban?

Nope, instant ban if your doing double the limit or over 100mph.
RKS

13th Apr 05 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wen i got done for doing 95 in a 70 i got a £60 fine and 3 points,

just after my test i had a big smash, and cudda got done for dangerous driving, but they offered me a driver improvement course instead,

you might get lucky and get offered the course, i'd imagine £60 and 3 points to be honest mate,
RKS

13th Apr 05 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by marklaruk
theres something called drivers survival handbook, done by some cop who left the force and wrote a book...

http://www.drivershandbook.co.uk/cpc/

stuff in it like the laser cameras have to be tested EVERYDAY they are used.

duno if it will help but there u go anyway

i've heard about all that stuff too, problem is if u get away with a speeder by saying stuff like that, it will piss the cops of and u will be getting pulled every other day for shite reasons
Pablo

13th Apr 05 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
haha that is pretty stupid.

What limit road was it?

dual carriage way? limit is 60 or 70? - 25 over? 95 mph

ouch... you may be lucky with 3 points and 60 pound fine...
says u
britaxcooper

13th Apr 05 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Rikki--
wen i got done for doing 95 in a 70 i got a £60 fine and 3 points,

just after my test i had a big smash, and cudda got done for dangerous driving, but they offered me a driver improvement course instead,

you might get lucky and get offered the course, i'd imagine £60 and 3 points to be honest mate,

well thats what im hoping

just have read this tho

http://www.roadsafetyuk.co.uk/camnews.htm

look at the table at the bottom, so under the new rules after the election then i would be screwed. Yet surely my ticket will fall under old rules?
Paul_J

13th Apr 05 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Claire
At the end of the day it's probably not such a bad thing that this has happened. If you do 85+ mph the day you pass your test can you imagine how fast you will be going in a few months time when you have more confidence. Don't take that in the wrong way - I hope you don't get a ban as I'm sure the thought of it will be enough to make you keep an eye on your speed in the future, I'm just saying it's maybe a blessing in disguise.
If you do end up going to court make sure you plead guilty as they take a dim view of people who are blatently guilty but waste time by denying it. If you accept your mistake (which you seem to have) then they are much more likely to see that you've learned your lesson!
Good luck!

I disagree - I think everyone on the day they pass gives it a bit of a blast just because of the final freedom of being able to This guy was just quite unlucky.
britaxcooper

13th Apr 05 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well yeah i admit i was in the wrong, but this was a wide road and there was no cars about nearly 8pm so no traffic really either. was safe around me and i just accelerated. But yes i know i was in the wrong and i should have known what speed i was doing, very stupid to get caught where i did as ive seen them there before. I aint been over the speed limit since then again im going through town rather than the bypass, less boring!
dannycorsa c

13th Apr 05 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u shud just get 3 points and 60quid fine! probably wont go to court ul get a letter thru the door asking if u want to just take the points rather than going to court
J da Silva

13th Apr 05 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

read your first post, ummmm yeah, your a twat alright!
Jamescorsa97

13th Apr 05 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Accept the points and learn your lesson if possible!! I would hate to go to court but i would say your looking at a 60 pound fine and 3 points imo.
britaxcooper

13th Apr 05 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well yeah as ive said i have learnt my lesson for sure. I'll go to the station tomorrow if i get all the stuff for the producer ready. Will report back what happens.

Hopefully it will be nice and easy, accept the points. Doesnt really seem like it happened now the day after, didnt break the limit tonight on a fairly long drive yet it still was enjoyable, back roads are more fun
Paul H

13th Apr 05 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got 5 points for doing 25 mph over the speed limit + a £250 fine.they let me off a bit as i told them i needed my license else would loose my job
RCS

13th Apr 05 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The new radios the police use interfere with the speed detecting equipment. To catch anyone they have to switch it to TXI mode, which then makes the radio inactive.

Every button they press on the radios is logged, so I'd find out which radios the officers had, and then ask them to prove to you that they were switched to TXI mode at the time of your offence.
britaxcooper

13th Apr 05 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chewy
i got 5 points for doing 25 mph over the speed limit + a £250 fine.they let me off a bit as i told them i needed my license else would loose my job

what speed limit were you in? or doesnt that matter.

A lass i know on msn is telling me its more than likely a ban because of being a new driver.

IM getting worried again now! 5 points id accept but theres no way i want to loose my lience! I cant really say i need my job as i dont work, just at college full time.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Im a t*at 22 database queries in 0.0166922 seconds