corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Police condone speeding!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Police condone speeding!!
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
19th May 05 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dean_H
in a way I agree with the police by taking it 'to its limits'

Speed limit is the capability of the engine, this can be tested in a workshop or if you have the right amount of data you need not even sit in a car, its just maths.

Driver and car limits WERE NOT found during a run down the motorway at 160.

Proving grounds like Bruntingthorpe exist to test limits and if you've ever been there you'll know that you can do those speeds, turn the wheel and see what happens and unless you're very daft you'll not hit anything. However there are no public about and you'll more often than not have a crash helmet and safety gear at the ready.

Public roads are NOT a place to test a car.
dannycorsa c

19th May 05 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im gonna go n see what my car can do and if i get pulled im gonna say im seeing what my car will do and im practiseing my driving incase i ever have to chase some1 or i am being chased and my life is at threat by gun men!

[Edited on 19-05-2005 by dannycorsa c]
danny-corsa

19th May 05 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

+ every time a motorist gets pulled for speeding it wont be the usual "you should be out catching murdurers or rapist's" it'll be "how come police can get away with driving at 160mph and i can't?)

well thats what ill say if i ever do get caught
Krammy

19th May 05 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The legal justice in this system is ran by pussies...

The police try and do their job, but theres too much red tape crap...so they cant be blamed in some cases.

that cop however should have been sent down or banned as an example... The Law in the UK seems to be like this

Normal person speeds..10mph over limit... they get the full force on the law on them!

Dangerous driver kills someone...
they hardly get anything serious

Its a Joke.
CRFC

19th May 05 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they had banned him from driving and put him working behind a desk people would off realised they'll be fucked if they speed..

but now they'll be think if he can get away with it i should be a loud,speeding will be on the up because of this i think
Skipz

19th May 05 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CRFC
As an advanced Police driver myself, I find PC Milton's actions acceptable. If he was pursuing a stolen car with armed robbers on board nothing would have been said. We are expected to drive at speeds well beyond the speed limit in the course of our duty. If a member of the public bought a new car they would test drive it until they were happy with the vehicle. The same applies to advanced Police drivers. There is nowhere that a Police driver can 'practice' and familiarise themselves with a new car - it's about finding the right time and place, ie in the middle of the night well away from public roads. PC Milton has been publicly humiliated for doing his job and deserves an apology.

Nice that, Any Ideas on the Name of the officer that said that magical quote?

I hope he realises that this could open the Flood gates especially with the comment...

If a member of the public bought a new car they would test drive it until they were happy with the vehicle. The same applies to advanced Police drivers

Now any driver that has been Caught speeding and is awaiting a Court Hearing can now claim they were "Testing" their new vehicle and that the police Condone this!

Rebrabuk

19th May 05 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by h18_oab
quote:
As an advanced Police driver myself, I find PC Milton's actions acceptable. If he was pursuing a stolen car with armed robbers on board nothing would have been said. We are expected to drive at speeds well beyond the speed limit in the course of our duty. If a member of the public bought a new car they would test drive it until they were happy with the vehicle. The same applies to advanced Police drivers. There is nowhere that a Police driver can 'practice' and familiarise themselves with a new car - it's about finding the right time and place, ie in the middle of the night well away from public roads. PC Milton has been publicly humiliated for doing his job and deserves an apology.

I hope he realises that this could open the Flood gates especially with the comment...

Was only a police driver - his opinion means nothing.

You would need a chief constable to say it for it to carry any weight of authority.
Rebrabuk

19th May 05 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Now any driver that has been Caught speeding and is awaiting a Court Hearing can now claim they were "Testing" their new vehicle and that the police Condone this!

I'm in that situation now, i doubt i'll be testing your theory though..
Skipz

19th May 05 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rebrabuk
quote:
quote:

Was only a police driver - his opinion means nothing.

You would need a chief constable to say it for it to carry any weight of authority.

As a CS member once said about Sassy "true but anythings worth a shot"
Dan B

19th May 05 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carr
quote:
Originally posted by Dan B
That's funny, I could have sworn there were plenty of race-tracks or unused runways (and suchlike) that could have been hired out for a day (although it'd still likely be at the expense of the taxpayer), where he could more safely "test the handling of a new car".

He was off-duty, he drove at more than double the speed-limit on a motorway, at 120mph on a slip-road, and at double the speed-limit in a 30mph zone. He should now be in jail with a ripped-up licence and 5-year ban. But no, it's one law for them and another for us, so he gets off with a "well done for breaking the law and using the excuse you did, very clever of you" and a pat on the back.

A race track hardly has the same realism of the shoddy British roads does it. They are perfectly flat etc. roads aren't and there is also the fact of going inbetween some cars etc. Granted there wouldn't have been many at that time.
At the end of the day if your house was robbed and the robbers were driving away wouldn't you feel better knowing the policeman was capable at driving at high speeds in a pursuit without crashing regardless of the time of day. At the end of the day it's his job he needs to practise just the same as footballers practise their skills before a game and carpenters practise on scrap bits of wood so get over it.

Talk about a crap analogy......since when has a footballer kicking a ball around, or a carpenter hammering a few nails into a piece of wood, been against the law?

I can't believe all the people here saying they don't mind a policeman blatantly breaking the law and getting away with a smack on the wrist for something that would see a normal citizen locked away in jail for a long time...
Lynny

19th May 05 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Lynny
also, imagine how tempting it would be to be sat behind the wheel of that car, who wouldnt wana open it up!
My car will do 152, and I would like to test that, but I know I would go to jail for it and never insure a car again, so I don't.

i didnt say who wouldnt open it up at that speed, i said who wouldnt want to, big difference, like you say you want to test it, as did he, he just didnt have the sense/will power top stop there
Ian
Site Administrator

19th May 05 at 23:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to - but wouldn't - its illegal and dangerous.

He wanted to - but did - its still illegal and dangerous.

I still fail to see what he was testing. The only thing you're testing at that speed is your own nerve, which he could do on a racetrack.

If the police budget extends to testing your nerve, they will fund it. If it doesn't, its not for officers to usurp the training and test themselves on a public road.
Dan. T

20th May 05 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I knew i should have bought a Veccy GSi
Krammy

20th May 05 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If that guy tested his car to see how quick it goes... Should we be worried about the Armed section of the police force? they may get a new gun and want to test that out?

And probably get away with it...

Yikes!
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jan 06 at 23:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what a load of old cobblers
MikeLamb

27th Jan 06 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SVM 286

27th Jan 06 at 01:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cybermonkey

27th Jan 06 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

159 in a Vectra
stuartmitchell

27th Jan 06 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
159 in a Vectra

was later sold to a Penfold lookalike
ryzer

27th Jan 06 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

god where the hell did this come back from?
CRFC

27th Jan 06 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good question
Cybermonkey

28th Jan 06 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gotta love overtaking a 155mph M3 in a Vectra though
R16AN H

28th Jan 06 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cps are opening the case again. hopefully they will make the right decison this time
vibrio
Banned

28th Jan 06 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stuartmitchell
quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
159 in a Vectra

was later sold to a Penfold lookalike

my CDTIhas a top wack of 135

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Police condone speeding!! 22 database queries in 0.0185602 seconds