corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The Police hit an all time low IMO

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Police hit an all time low IMO
Lynny

User status: Offline
27th May 05 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CRFC
Went shopping today, just got back to my car when a police car pulls up behind me. Advised me they have the Vehicle Inspection guys with them and they were checking window tints. Some little geek gets out of police car with his new toy and sticks it to my window...

"Your windows allow 31% of light to travel through them and the legal limit is 70%"

Bloody hell... lock me up and throw the key away! I knew they were illegal but did get the lightest possible as so not to take the piss. Anyway have 10 days to remove and have car re-inspected or I am in court.

My point is.... Do they really have nothing better to do than go around car parks and do people for having light tints on their cars? It wasn't just me, mothers with kids were getting the same treatment. We have all heard stories about the police not having time to attend emergencies because they are too busy.... ITS ******** PATHETIC!!

answered your own question there, u do something which u knwo is illegal, and then twist when the police complain at you, what do you expect?
vibrio
Banned

27th May 05 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CRFC
Went shopping today, just got back to my car when a police car pulls up behind me. Advised me they have the Vehicle Inspection guys with them and they were checking window tints. Some little geek gets out of police car with his new toy and sticks it to my window...

"Your windows allow 31% of light to travel through them and the legal limit is 70%"

Bloody hell... lock me up and throw the key away! I knew they were illegal but did get the lightest possible as so not to take the piss. Anyway have 10 days to remove and have car re-inspected or I am in court.

My point is.... Do they really have nothing better to do than go around car parks and do people for having light tints on their cars? It wasn't just me, mothers with kids were getting the same treatment. We have all heard stories about the police not having time to attend emergencies because they are too busy.... ITS ******** PATHETIC!!

so lets see having dark windows is illegal and can cause accidents. the police are doing their job in preventing crime and making the public safe and you say it's pathetic.

you knew they were illegal so really I laugh at you because your going to have to pay to get them removed
vibrio
Banned

27th May 05 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

forgot to say your a twat
RKS

27th May 05 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol yeh.... if u look at it that way... Robbing a house is a Crime..... Having Tinted Front Windows is also a Crime
_Allan_

27th May 05 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't see the the light tints being any factor in an accident. Limo black yes but the light tints aint bad at all at night.
broster
Premium Member

27th May 05 at 09:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
I don't see the the light tints being any factor in an accident. Limo black yes but the light tints aint bad at all at night.

sorry but its a law, they drew the line somewhere, if you get tints then you break the law, your choice! why moan about it, its not going to change the law is it
Colin

27th May 05 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U should have said 'no sorry this aint my car...i was just about to nick it!!!!' And they would say 'oh sorry sir be on your way'
RichR
Premium Member

27th May 05 at 09:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see the point hes raising though - I had to wait 1 hour 45 minutes for the police to turn up after a riot at the pub - we had a pregnant woman had been bottled in the face - tens of thousands of £s worth of damage done, I'd got a broken nose - all the windows were put through - and it does get annoying when they sit on car parks scoping out parked cars

by the time the police did arrive we'd sorted it out and the lads had long disappeared

fair enough if they stop u at the roadside etc - but not just blatantly sitting on a car park when theres more serious crimes to be dealt with
vibrio
Banned

27th May 05 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I see the point hes raising though - I had to wait 1 hour 45 minutes for the police to turn up after a riot at the pub - we had a pregnant woman had been bottled in the face - tens of thousands of £s worth of damage done, I'd got a broken nose - all the windows were put through - and it does get annoying when they sit on car parks scoping out parked cars

by the time the police did arrive we'd sorted it out and the lads had long disappeared

fair enough if they stop u at the roadside etc - but not just blatantly sitting on a car park when theres more serious crimes to be dealt with

I don't see the point he is raising
fred7

27th May 05 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where i live i have a PRIVATE car park and the police came on the car park tested my car and told me the same mines 31% (dark smoke) and left a ticket on my window and posted a letter saying remove them or next time they will clamp my car untill they have time to romve them! that was bout 6 months ago been pulled twice since and still there on my car
_Allan_

27th May 05 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
quote:

sorry but its a law, they drew the line somewhere, if you get tints then you break the law, your choice! why moan about it, its not going to change the law is it

Fair enough I'm not really moaning I have light tints myself and I fully accept if I get pulled that I'll have to remove the fronts. However using the bullshit excuse that they are dangerous and can cause accidents is a little bit sly.
Siberia

27th May 05 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:

I don't see the point he is raising

you are scoooootish though
a_j_mair

27th May 05 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are doing there job you are breaking the law there enforcing it. grow up
RichR
Premium Member

27th May 05 at 10:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but when its at the detriment of more serious crime - I agree with telling peopel to get illegal mods sorted - thats not a problem - but when Im waiting 1hr45mins for a serious incident - Im nto best impressed when I see police cars sitting on car parks -stop and go is fine
but sitting on car parks waiting for people to come back to their cars is wrong - and time could be better spent

If they spot an unattended car - and advisory slip could be placed on the windscreen etc

but dont just sit on a car park for hours on end waiting from people to come back
broster
Premium Member

27th May 05 at 10:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Fair enough I'm not really moaning I have light tints myself and I fully accept if I get pulled that I'll have to remove the fronts. However using the bullshit excuse that they are dangerous and can cause accidents is a little bit sly.

its the truth, some kid in a mk2 golf blames his window tints for causing an accident when he pueed into a biker killing the biker dude. from then on tints are banned!
_Allan_

27th May 05 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
its the truth, some kid in a mk2 golf blames his window tints for causing an accident when he pueed into a biker killing the biker dude. from then on tints are banned!

I know but them tints were totally black and it was at night?.
CRFC

27th May 05 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

he blamed them because he was acting the bollox in the car and needed an excuse for hitting the bike!

[Edited on 27-05-2005 by CRFC]
broster
Premium Member

27th May 05 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still they are illegal so end of.
Rebrabuk

27th May 05 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sun glasses should be banned whilst driving too..
broster
Premium Member

27th May 05 at 11:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rebrabuk

why do you wear them all the time you are in the car?
Siberia

27th May 05 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

i know lots of people that doo... even at night
Krammy

27th May 05 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are they going to Ban Blinking at the wheel? Cause you loose sight for a few seconds? or get fined for sneezing..

I Agree front WINDSCREEN tints are daft in a way if they are Dark, but side windows... Eh? if they aint too dark, and you can still see out, whats the problem?

Lynny

27th May 05 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

where the hell do u live? last riot i was in police got there in under 10 minutes, infact any time iv had to contact an emergancy service, theyve been there in under a quater of an hour
Rebrabuk

27th May 05 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I don't..

Why do you assume that i do? Or was it just your poor punctuation that led me to believe that you do?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The Police hit an all time low IMO 22 database queries in 0.0925930 seconds