corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Why did I buy an Ipod - post problems, and any opinions on apple after sales here

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Why did I buy an Ipod - post problems, and any opinions on apple after sales here
ryansss

User status: Offline
2nd Sep 05 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
i take my fullsize ipod everywhere, out when im biking/jogging etc, never a hassle

My second on has been everywhere. Maybe someone dropped it when I wasnt looking. I do love it, I just dont like the thought of losing it for a few weeks whilst apple sort it. Ill be forced to listen to essex girls talking shit on the train every morning.
MikeD

2nd Sep 05 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

About a month back I had to send my 4th gen 40gb Ipod back under warranty, due to the HDD failing (ticking like the heads have gone). It took just over a week in total and they sent me a brand new one. I get the impression that they dont fix yours they will just send a replacement this could be New, Used or reconditioned I may have been lucky to get new??
Carr

2nd Sep 05 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had no problems with mine. I think the battery may be starting to die but this is nothing but my fault as I don't use it loads anymore so it just spends most it's life in the dock plugged into my stereo, on charge so only myself to blame.
Rebrabuk

2nd Sep 05 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work as an Apple Service Technician and see alot of iPods coming through for assessment. As a service provider we don't actually repair them though. They just get swapped out by Apple on a like for like basis. Often the iPods that Apple send out as replacements for us to give to the customer are in worse condition than the faulty ones that we send back due to them being refurbished items.

Turn around time for a replacement through us is 3-5 working days dependant upon Apple's stock.
MikeD

2nd Sep 05 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rebrabuk
I work as an Apple Service Technician and see alot of iPods coming through for assessment. As a service provider we don't actually repair them though. They just get swapped out by Apple on a like for like basis. Often the iPods that Apple send out as replacements for us to give to the customer are in worse condition than the faulty ones that we send back due to them being refurbished items.

Turn around time for a replacement through us is 3-5 working days dependant upon Apple's stock.

So just as I said earlier I was lucky to have got a new one as replacement
Rebrabuk

2nd Sep 05 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MikeD
quote:
Originally posted by Rebrabuk

So just as I said earlier I was lucky to have got a new one as replacement

Very lucky. We're yet to see a brand new one go out to a customer as a replacement..

If you go through a service provider for a repair/replacement, you'll never get the same one back because once you leave your faulty one with the service provider, they order a replacement from Apple. When the replacement arrives from Apple, the service provider then sends your faulty one back to Apple.
MikeD

3rd Sep 05 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sent mine directly to apple, although it took me a while to find on their website how/where to send it.
Jonny P

3rd Sep 05 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought a philips go gear 2.0gb jobbie.

its great for what i want it for, i dont like keeping lots and lots of songs on it, just about 75% full so having an ipod would be a waste of time and money for me, and after hearing about what my mates had to say about them i wasn't to bothered about getting one to be honest.

Ive only had one problem with this, sent it to philips and had it repaired free of charge and got it back within a week! I was really impressed, would certainly reccomend philips for consumer care etc.

Great little mp3 player for the price (i payed 130 but its dropped in price now)
vincefenlon

11th Sep 05 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as for that vibrator guy or whatever, i dont really understand that comment. well its complete toss really.

main reasons to not get an ipod

1) Six-plus hours of battery life is not always enough - ipod nano plays for 14hours so this is old out of date comments

2)Jogging with a hard drive-based player is not cool - well mini-ipod is no more which had hard drives, now they come with flash drives therefore solid state and cant be damaged as hard drives could

3)The iPod is expensive - with student discount an ipod nano 4gb costs £160, to get a flash drive on its own at 4gb is around £180

4)You want to make high-quality digital recordings. - it doesnt have recording facilities but i would have thought you would upload it to to your pc like old cassettes etc, just no option for djs to record sets etc. might be 3rd party software to do this i dont know.

5)You want a choice in online music stores - yea this is annoying for songs which arent available on itunes, but because its all intergrated then its less hassle then having 3, because all 3 might not have that song still. plus itunes to keep all your songs, playlists, purchases is just hassle free. but itunes has got 1.7m songs which aint bad

so i agree it aint perfect but its a rubbish really because what do you suggest everyone get. its a successful product, its been out about 4years, celebs have been getting only recently so its not just following the idiots on tv, its pretty much the opposite
Cybermonkey

11th Sep 05 at 05:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i havent managed to jog my ipod yet

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Why did I buy an Ipod - post problems, and any opinions on apple after sales here 22 database queries in 0.0110519 seconds