corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Had some powder coating done

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Had some powder coating done
jr

User status: Offline
4th Nov 05 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

powdercoating is cool, i have so much stuff down at my powdercoaters at the mo
SVM 286

4th Nov 05 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's true, Jim dropped all of his pants and socks in to be done earlier this week.

He is currently going commando.
broster
Premium Member

5th Nov 05 at 14:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the powdercoating is alot more durable than paint, hence im getting my wheels done as the brake dust is chewing the paint off my wheels now! also for the engine bits its good because its wipe clean, the old rocker cover was polished and the salt chewed thru it and made it look shite!
Mattss Corsa

5th Nov 05 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mark u wana do mine next weekend mate?
CorsaSRi16v
Premium Member

5th Nov 05 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So is that Anthra Powder coat?

If so I would be interested in having this done to some wheels.

How mucho per wheel?
Robin
Premium Member

5th Nov 05 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£30 per wheel like he said, plus removal and refitting and mbalancing of tyres before/after
broster
Premium Member

6th Nov 05 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wont be able to get it done in a weekend to be honest dude, would take a few days for them to coat it...

£30 a wheel if they done need blasting, depends on the condition of them etc....

and yes it is anthractie powder coat

[Edited on 06-11-2005 by broster]
jr

6th Nov 05 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine are costing me £30 a wheel to be blasted back and coated , good price considering a refurb is £50 a wheel
Robbo

6th Nov 05 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
It's true, Jim dropped all of his pants and socks in to be done earlier this week.

He is currently going commando.
I love u so much
jr

6th Nov 05 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LMFAO you may get to meet him when you come and pick up the GTI

i will endever to convince him to make sure his RST works by then
broster
Premium Member

6th Nov 05 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
Mine are costing me £30 a wheel to be blasted back and coated , good price considering a refurb is £50 a wheel

yeah i was chuffed paying £30 for the powder coating will be alot more durable than paint too. not a bad price for blasting too! you given the man alot of business?
jr

6th Nov 05 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
quote:
Originally posted by jr

yeah i was chuffed paying £30 for the powder coating will be alot more durable than paint too. not a bad price for blasting too! you given the man alot of business?

Had alot of stuff done there, and alos my Dads gettign alot of bits done as well, becasue he's a industrial powder coated he does bits like this on the side cash in hand
broster
Premium Member

6th Nov 05 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

adding them to the back of another job lol, place who does mine do all pipercross' powder coating.....
jr

6th Nov 05 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just make sure you dont go mental and start looking at stupid bits to powdercaot next

broster
Premium Member

6th Nov 05 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha, yes powdercoating the crash bars in some bright blue colour isnt high up my list of things to do lol!
ed

6th Nov 05 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I go to a place in Wycombe, the last few things I have had done had the colour chosen by finding out what colours they were coating with the next day. Meant that I payed a small percentage of what I should. It's a good idea to see if they are doing stuff in a colour you like so you can add your order onto the back of somone elses
broster
Premium Member

6th Nov 05 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
I go to a place in Wycombe, the last few things I have had done had the colour chosen by finding out what colours they were coating with the next day. Meant that I payed a small percentage of what I should. It's a good idea to see if they are doing stuff in a colour you like so you can add your order onto the back of somone elses

just need pipercross to start doing stuff in anthracite lol
jr

6th Nov 05 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
haha, yes powdercoating the crash bars in some bright blue colour isnt high up my list of things to do lol!

PMSL

2bhp increase though
broster
Premium Member

6th Nov 05 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:

PMSL

2bhp increase though

think of the weight! hahaha! just remove the crash bars, problem solved!
SVM 286

7th Nov 05 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
LMFAO you may get to meet him when you come and pick up the GTI

i will endever to convince him to make sure his RST works by then

You could covince my wallet by popping the change you have left over from selling the Loopio in there.

Then I could have her done by Christmas and have enough left over for a beer and a sandwich
SVM 286

7th Nov 05 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo I love u so much

Mwaa
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

7th Nov 05 at 23:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was told i wasn't able to have the cam cover powder coated because the blasting method they use to prepare the metal leaves small particles in the metal and would get into the oil when it was running...

[Edited on 07-11-2005 by Sly_SRi]

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
Half Pint

8th Nov 05 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sly_SRi
i was told i wasn't able to have the cam cover powder coated because the blasting method they use to prepare the metal leaves small particles in the metal and would get into the oil when it was running...

Talk to Fad about this

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

8th Nov 05 at 08:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Half Pint
quote:
Originally posted by Sly_SRi

Talk to Fad about this

you cunt
broster
Premium Member

8th Nov 05 at 08:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, hence im cleaning it very very thouroughly... cant see why there will be problems if its cleaned, lots of people have them powder coated. ill prob flush the oil out soon as iv taken it for a run anyway

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Had some powder coating done 23 database queries in 0.0143521 seconds