corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » help me with my wage appraisal form..

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help me with my wage appraisal form..
Tom

User status: Offline
24th Nov 05 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't write about your personal life imo. Try to guide them into offering you a big jump, you can come across as arrogant if you put suggest numbers to them imo.
Bart

24th Nov 05 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you think? the company prides itself on offering competitive rates, but up until recently there has never been a real demand towards IT. i think this has arrived with the new building.
CCA

24th Nov 05 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i were your employer i wouldnt be too interested in your personal life as that has nothing to do with your work in their eyes.
Also the last paragraph could be turned to make them think that you are not overly bothered abou the company and more bothered about money
John

24th Nov 05 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you should give CS and Neowin at least half of any new salary because its really them who take care of the pc's.
Lisa

24th Nov 05 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where i work appraisal system is not about getting pay rises it's about fulfilling your job role and what you are good at...............pay rises are not even brought into it unless a promotion is recomended at the end of the appraisal
Bart

24th Nov 05 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I think you should give CS and Neowin at least half of any new salary because its really them who take care of the pc's.
lol, indeed. but this is mainly photoshop related stuff

quote:
Originally posted by Lisa
Where i work appraisal system is not about getting pay rises it's about fulfilling your job role and what you are good at...............pay rises are not even brought into it unless a promotion is recomended at the end of the appraisal

I guess thats ok if you feel your paid competitively. Over the last 3 years of me working for the company they have doubled the amount of PC users, 20 x the amount of data storage and importance of backup and i have got to the stage where i feel the importance to the company is not a truly represented by the pay.
I work with mainly 'older' people that are not so computer literate and just about manage inserting a table into word
Cosmo

24th Nov 05 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd mention all the things you have responsibility for, the extra work you do, why you do it, etc.

I wouldnt mention any wage demands directly though, to me that would just seem fairly rude. Just stick with mentioning that other jobs with the same responsibilites are on ALOT more than you, you wont seem too rude or demanding mentioning this but will still let them know what your after.

You've got to be prepared to back yourself up though, and if they arent prepared to offer you what you want/deserve then threaten to hand in your notice and follow through with it if you have to. You cant always be taken advantage on or people will always try to pay you less than you should be!
Bart

24th Nov 05 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
2- Which objectives have you been unable to achieve and why
I feel I have learnt less about electrical drawings this year than I would have hoped to. I think a reason for this is because I am the only apprentice in the office and get used by all other managers for petty jobs/favours as well the commitment towards anything I.T related. As an apprentice I can accept these jobs but when some of them are less urgent than others I feel my time could be better utilised for learning.
Up until recently when ever the I.T is mentioned, people tend to think we have medium sized network, and that’s it, what else could possibly be involved with I.T? I.T covers a very wide range of tasks of which isn’t apparent to most people, most of which is day-to-day. This includes managing and maintaining all PCs, providing internal technical support, managing and maintaining all network equipment including snap servers and the internal phone system setup, data and software management including logging of all software installed on PCs in order to bring the company up to a ‘legal status’, backup management keeping a very close eye on backups on a daily basis on and off site, all internal/external website design/development and management (this now applies to AICA too), being able to offer my extensive knowledge and support on all software products to other colleagues within the company, managing all the companies I.T security and protection from the outside internet including centrally managing each antivirus on every PC and centrally managing all personnel email and email security before it reaches the ‘end user’. I believe this increased demand and responsibilities has arrived due to the move to the new building and increased number in staff over the recent periods.

Bart

30th Nov 05 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think we have to have the appraisal meeting by the end of the week (probably wont happen until next week tho). i changed my original letter quite a bit, and also upped the figure i mentioned
Dione J

30th Nov 05 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lets us know how you get on mate via U2U please as I might be needing to do the same very soon
Carl

30th Nov 05 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go for it, you need to be assertive or they will just take the piss. Try and get a meeting though with your boss rather than through writting as you will be able to explain yourself better an highlight the relevent bits, ie how much it would cost the to employ 2 people to do your job and how little you are getting paid to do, effectively, a two man job.
Tom

30th Nov 05 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had 2 pay rises in the last 4 months
M333KS D

30th Nov 05 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go for it mate, try and get the best you can, i would, in september i got a 16k pay rise so it isnt impossible (if its the right company)

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » help me with my wage appraisal form.. 22 database queries in 0.0126450 seconds