corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Police cars

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Police cars
Rileysport

User status: Offline
6th Dec 05 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
you are all talking shite all cop cars are fitted with resistors off of e-bay which gives them 50bhp gains at least

Thats 50bhp and 67000 lbft of torque edd
micra_pete
Premium Member

6th Dec 05 at 10:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bought from this man

Steve
Premium Member

6th Dec 05 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by micra_pete
quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sam
lol this makes me laugh!! why would you chip a car with no other engine changes, do you know what chipping/mapping does.

altering the map on a standard car will make a difference, there are improvements to be made on any map depending on the customers / owners need, when a manufacturer writes a map they have many things to consider, economy, emissions regs, and power, however all three can rarely be combined so compromises are made, timing is always weak, fuelling is always on the timid side, and it should be on most peoples car,
on some standard maps for example you'll find the fuelling is pulled back hugely in measured areas for mpg and emissions for example, and this is at various gear / rpm / speed points.
some of these things matter little to engine tuners, improvements to throttle / engine response can be quiet dramatic when a map is made for a specific need, in our case (normally) power, even on a standard car.

there is a lot of bull spoken about engine mapping, on the internet.

may i ask what you think chipping / mapping does?

[Edited on 06-12-2005 by micra_pete]

Having personally had several cars remapped with piggy back unichips, they simply alter the fueling/ignition timing and can tweak several sensors such as lambda etc usually only beneficial on engines that have been modified, ie you cant just up the fueling on standard injectors and inlet manifolds and cams etc
Edd

6th Dec 05 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SRi-Co
quote:
Originally posted by Edd
you are all talking shite all cop cars are fitted with resistors off of e-bay which gives them 50bhp gains at least

Thats 50bhp and 67000 lbft of torque edd

word
micra_pete
Premium Member

6th Dec 05 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just for your info i tune ecu's, actually i re-map standard nissan ecu's, and alter the code directly.
i also have experience with various piggy-back units.
they tweek the lambda sensor? why would you do that? and yes you can up the fuelling on standard injectors, what has the manifold and cam got to do with it?
Steve
Premium Member

6th Dec 05 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

inlet manifold, lambda sensor needs changing on some vehicles that have decats.

I was suggesting inelt manifold and cams, as you would need a higher duration cam to take advantage of the extra fuel being injected in, whats the point in upping the fuel if the valves arent open long enough to allow the extra fuel

I would not fancy upping the fueling on standard injectors and injection timing, i bet half the cars you supposedly tune overfuel like hell!

[Edited on 06-12-2005 by Corsa_Sam]
Rileysport

6th Dec 05 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
inlet manifold, lambda sensor needs changing on some vehicles that have decats.

I was suggesting inelt manifold and cams, as you would need a higher duration cam to take advantage of the extra fuel being injected in, whats the point in upping the fuel if the valves arent open long enough to allow the extra fuel

I would not fancy upping the fueling on standard injectors and injection timing, i bet half the cars you supposedly tune overfuel like hell!

[Edited on 06-12-2005 by Corsa_Sam]

Point being that you can change the map more toward power and sacrifice how environmentally friendly it is... its bloody fine adjustment tweeking the map won't necessarily make it overfuel
Steve
Premium Member

6th Dec 05 at 11:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you'd be suprised at how close to 100% efficient the standard maps are.

You cant normally change the standard map and get much gain, if anything out of it at all, of course it depends on the car and the manufacturer, but generally, in my experiences changing the standard maps on n/a cars does very little on std engines
micra_pete
Premium Member

6th Dec 05 at 11:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seriously mate, im stopping now, and there is no point explaining things to people like you, its not all about upping fuel, you need to go away and read up on how cars works as what your saying is absolute nonsense.

changing lambda sensors? to what? injection timing? what duty do you think standard injectors run at? 100%?

micra_pete
Premium Member

6th Dec 05 at 11:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
you'd be suprised at how close to 100% efficient the standard maps are.

You cant normally change the standard map and get much gain, if anything out of it at all, of course it depends on the car and the manufacturer, but generally, in my experiences changing the standard maps on n/a cars does very little on std engines

seriously your talking rubbish
Steve
Premium Member

6th Dec 05 at 11:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why are you getting caught up on lambda sensors, that was just an example of one sensor that you can change, but changing the lambda sensor readings can make a car that fails to idle properly due to a decat, idle correctly
Steve
Premium Member

6th Dec 05 at 11:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just quickly found this

http://www.keveney.com/otto.html

explains perfectly how valves opening to let fuel/air in works lol, i dont know how you think the fuel air mix is let into the chamber?
Steve
Premium Member

6th Dec 05 at 11:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also id like to see where you learnt to manually alter a cars ecu, the only way is through an odb2 cable and unless you have the maps already then creating your own is pretty much impossible, trying to alter an ecu is as difficult as trying to write a computer program in hex or binary.

You can buy software that does it, but again you seriously have to know what your doing as its so easy to fuck up an ecu, where did you learn?
boyracer2002

6th Dec 05 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the astra cops cars are slooooooooooow as fek, i found this out and beat them they were nowhere to be seen
Rileysport

6th Dec 05 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by boyracer2002
the astra cops cars are slooooooooooow as fek, i found this out and beat them they were nowhere to be seen

naturally i was unaware of this until you posted

[Edited on 06-12-2005 by SRi-Co]
boyracer2002

6th Dec 05 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its when i had my astra this time last year somethign standard lookign which i could blend in with other cars
Tom

6th Dec 05 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a gay thread.
micra_pete
Premium Member

6th Dec 05 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have no software, you cannot alter Nissan 16bit ecu's through a cable, only through an additional board (pic below) im not going into massive details but I will give you a brief run down, I pull the standard rom code from the ecu using consult (Nissans diagnostic port) by issuing certain commands the ecu streams the code, in hex format, I have a friend in Japan who makes an expansion board for Nissan ecu's who made a one for the cg13de ecu, which uses 2 x 8bit eproms to replace the 16 bit on board unit, as my car is my "test bed", and no information is available on my ecu, I have to work through it myself, there is no-where on the internet you can find information on the cg ecu, however the methodology is the same for most Nissan ecu's, so the basics can be learnt, however the location / methods behind different ecu's in the range are different so I was on my own, nor is there any software for it, I then worked through the code / rom, and found the main maps, fuel / ignition, start up maps, coolant based maps - idle etc, I then worked through the rest of the code to find the constants - rev limits, multipliers, etc, and any conversion rates they may use.
it has taken me several years to get to this stage

there are still maps on the ecu that I don't know what they do, but they are not massively important maps

the only software I use is a program that converts the maps from hex to decimal as its easier to read, and displays the values in a grid.

I then use a eprom emulator for live mapping , although at the minute I cannot as I need a new one, and then write the eproms and attach them to the board.

I am currently working through the programme on the ecu to make changes to how it works to add expansion maps.

I hope that explains my background a little

Steve
Premium Member

6th Dec 05 at 11:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do u use to test out the maps on as its too easy to fuck up an ecu by writing an incorrect value
Meat-Pie-SRI

6th Dec 05 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

micra_pete
Premium Member

6th Dec 05 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when changing values your are changing the data the ecu references, not the code itself, so no you can't mess the ecu up, i do testing on my own car, as micra engines are cheap, but when mapping, i have no problems.
Martyn
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

6th Dec 05 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Meat-Pie-SRI

I feel my moped could outrun this

danny-corsa

6th Dec 05 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
what do u use to test out the maps on as its too easy to fuck up an ecu by writing an incorrect value

its easy to fuck em up if you don't know what your doing, micra pete sounds like he does and it also sounds like hes pissed on your fire.

as for LSD's they are not just used for launching off standing starts and rallying, they also help cornering due to the fact they limit the slip on the diff thus meaning when you power on you dont get one wheel gripping and one wheel spinning, you get both gripping.

and WTF do you mean when you say "you need a longer duration cam if your adding more fuel"? changing the fueling alters the mixture to make the car run more efficiently, if you want more fuel and air then you change the duration of the cam or find a way of getting more air in eg turbo.

[Edited on 06-12-2005 by danny-corsa]
–DAN–

6th Dec 05 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its probably more fown to the way they are driven. Remember these guys are trained to drive safely at high speeds - most people with modded cars don't have a clue how to drive anyway so most cop cars will appear faster - and I aint talking about in a straight line either - anyopne car thrash the arse outta their motor in a straight line.
3CorsaMeal

6th Dec 05 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by danny-corsa
quote:

as for LSD's they are not just used for launching off standing starts and rallying, they also help cornering due to the fact they limit the slip on the diff thus meaning when you power on you dont get one wheel gripping and one wheel spinning, you get both spinning.

what type of LSD does that?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Police cars 22 database queries in 0.0180411 seconds