corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Car salesmen; how much you on?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car salesmen; how much you on?
Pop

User status: Offline
27th Feb 06 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i always quote the price to change ... usually it's a nicer looking figure
carnoisseurcraig

27th Feb 06 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a woman on a used accord today. Took her right to the wire.

I had a confirmation that if i got her to a certain figure she'd buy the car. So with a vat rightback later we got there. then she said she had to think about it.

WTF?????

I dont understand some people like that. Buyers are liars
corb

27th Feb 06 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by carnoisseurcraig
Buyers are liars

Pop

27th Feb 06 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a guy come in last week with a skoda octavia vrs (1.8 turbo thingy) ... we could offer him £7k ... he told me he wanted £9.5k for it and walked out on me...

god knows why he thought it was worth £2.5k more?!?!?! crazy
corb

27th Feb 06 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

becuase thats what they sell for privately in their opinion. if your 100% certain theyre dreaming go on autotrader.co.uk with them infront of the computer, show them an identical car then explain whoever buys the car from them will be a business, theyre there to make money so obv. will not be prepared to pay what they sell for else they'll make no money! thats what i often do.

and as for parkers guide, oh yeahm thats my favourite. someone says 'but parkers guide(which theyre holding) says my cars worth £9.5k, tell them you think their parkers guide is only worth 50p and to go back to the shop to demand the money back! manager told me that one, he does it all the time!
corb

27th Feb 06 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how many you two got going out wednesday?
Pop

27th Feb 06 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i'll have to remeber that parkers one .. we use glasses guide

do u sell supagard with most cars? .. it's a good product and an easy way to boost commission
corb

27th Feb 06 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh, i think supaguard's crap, i'd rather sell them GAP as i think its a worthwhile product.
Pop

27th Feb 06 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sell them both
carnoisseurcraig

27th Feb 06 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
sell them both

good shout. i have 5. we have to spend over an hour with our customers. its a honda standard
Pop

27th Feb 06 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pop
sell them both

good shout. i have 5. we have to spend over an hour with our customers. its a honda standard

what do you have 5 of? might be me asking a stupid question there

i find i spend over an hour with most of the customers
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Feb 06 at 23:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're doing nothing to dispell the myth that car salesman are sly-ass conning bastards here fellas
carnoisseurcraig

28th Feb 06 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 new civics, 1 jazz and 1 cr-v diesel.

well we have ford and they take the cash and run.... onto the next punter. Its a different world over the road.

I get round my part exchange bit by telling the SEMI truth. I tell them the 2k margin bit, but who pays screen price. First there is VAT off the 2k, i always say to them "would you pay the screen price" Answer is always "NO". Normal over allowance - discount is £750 - £800. then you have £250 for a warranty. £250 for workshop and recon which bring the profit to £500. out of that £500 i have to be paid, then the admin staff etc. Most people wouldnt grudge you the bit of profit but others are still no happy.

you can never please veryone.
carnoisseurcraig

28th Feb 06 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
You're doing nothing to dispell the myth that car salesman are sly-ass conning bastards here fellas

This goes for every salesman/woman. End of the day if youe a "chuck away charlie" then its cash out of my pocket which means i dont get my chocolate biscuits i get rich tea for the month.
Pop

28th Feb 06 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm a very honest salesman .. maybe too honest

GAP is a pretty important thing for the customer to have

Supagard isn't too bad either ... it's a clear coating that is applied to the car and it bonds with the paint. means you don't have to polish or wax the car for 3 years, just jetwash it
corb

28th Feb 06 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, breaking down that 2k often opens peoples eyes a lot, they eem shocked that theres a business ti be run from selling the car!

My handovers only last 1/2 hour max tbh, cant seem to string it out much more. Manager once spent 4hrs on a handover!
carnoisseurcraig

28th Feb 06 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup. keeps off the birdshoot etc. Bit like scotchguarding the couch. A good hook i get them with is "if you paid £15k for a couch would you grudge £300 to protect it for 3 years. They ALWAYS say yes. Then hit them with "well the car is subject to the elements, salt tar etc. and these new water based paints coming out wont stand up to the test of time.
Pop

28th Feb 06 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

damn how did he spend 4 hours ... mine last about 1 hour but i have a big list of stuff to go through and tick off with the customer as we go along
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Feb 06 at 00:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would you pull out of a side road on your couch?

I would grudge paying to protect a car whatever the price. It'll be in the scrappy soon enough. Do you sell seat covers so they're in good condition for the next owner?
Pop

28th Feb 06 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it should be pitched not only as a protection for the car but for many it saves a lot of hassle not having to polish or wax a car for 3 years!! ... many people have car ownership on a 3 yearly cycle too ...
carnoisseurcraig

28th Feb 06 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Would you pull out of a side road on your couch?

I would grudge paying to protect a car whatever the price. It'll be in the scrappy soon enough. Do you sell seat covers so they're in good condition for the next owner?

Thats where GAP comes in. Pays the shortfall the insurance miss.

If your car has been supaguarded when it comes to trade in time we take this into account and adjust the PX price accordingly. usually about 50 quid.

Its playing on the emotions of people who love their cars.
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Feb 06 at 00:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
we take this into account and adjust the PX price accordingly. usually about 50 quid.
I find this very hard to believe that this would actually happen, considering I got told putting leather and xenons on mine wouldn't move it off book price at all. Bit of wax hardly makes it more attractive on the forecourt.
Pop

28th Feb 06 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
we take this into account and adjust the PX price accordingly. usually about 50 quid.
I find this very hard to believe that this would actually happen, considering I got told putting leather and xenons on mine wouldn't move it off book price at all. Bit of wax hardly makes it more attractive on the forecourt.

did you go with the leather and xenons then?
mav

28th Feb 06 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pop did you get prices for the lights mate?
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Feb 06 at 00:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah my Astra when I try and trade it in. Audi against an A4, Jag against an XK8, Merc against a CLK, all convertibles so they're not entirely marginless, but all got told putting £2k worth of options on the car didn't make a blind bit of difference to its trade in price.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Car salesmen; how much you on? 22 database queries in 0.0159030 seconds