corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » has anyone driven down to alton towers?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author has anyone driven down to alton towers?
bananamandaz

User status: Offline
22nd Jun 06 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my work sells them,and i can fit them so il just beg my boss lol
stubbsy

22nd Jun 06 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am going there tommorow

And sat
And sunday

Damn it i work there!!!!!!!
bananamandaz

22nd Jun 06 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol what u work as down there?
stubbsy

22nd Jun 06 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im part of the welcome team, park cars, drive monorail train, que line management, turnstyles or on the tills!!!

just been doing it part time whilst at uni. finished now though so i gotta get a propper job!!!!
bananamandaz

22nd Jun 06 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that would b a well good job,wots the guys name that speaks to u in the monirail lol
stubbsy

22nd Jun 06 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont know mate, im normally very hungover and asleep whilst driving it!!!!!

just sit there really, drives itself!!
bananamandaz

22nd Jun 06 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

am soo jelous,no bad u get to sit on ur ass,i get ta sweat my cunt off lol
stubbsy

22nd Jun 06 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha, shit hours though, minimum of a 10 hour day, never know when im gonna finish and have to start early. makes getting up hard when you get in at 4am pissed up!

as said before there are loads of good cheap b+b's about. may be worth driving down the day before!
Rich H

22nd Jun 06 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alverton Motel we stayed at - Dam cheap, but good place. And literally half a mile down from Alton Towers
Russ 200sx

22nd Jun 06 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went on tuesday, if there is a few of you going you can get b&b in the alton towers hotel and entrance for 4 people for 239 iirc. pretty cheap imo if your travelling that far, works out £59.75 each for hotel and entry. have a look on there website www.alton-towers.co.uk

[Edited on 22-06-2006 by Russ 200sx]
Ojc

22nd Jun 06 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, took about 2 hours from Reading, was nice drive.
TNM

22nd Jun 06 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is an off day post really isnt it?
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Jun 06 at 22:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes but if you look at a map - it takes me 2 minutes to drive there or 5 to walk!

officially the closest CS member to Alton Towers

Stubbsy works there as well
Pop

22nd Jun 06 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoNkEy MaGiC
i live west london, and i drove upto Lancaster!!! which is about an hour further than alton towers!!!!!

took about 3-4 hours to get to lancaster, but we had a Tomtom 300 sat nav!! what a beauty of a device, we made no wrong turns or mistakes what so ever!!

if you can get hold of one or even borrow one i would highly recommend it as it was a mission getting their!

if not then google maps is excellent for directions and satelite pics and route maps!!

jesus how fast does your car go?!... i live in lancaster and alton towers is about 2 hours away
DarkBahamut

22nd Jun 06 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoNkEy MaGiC
i live west london, and i drove upto Lancaster!!! which is about an hour further than alton towers!!!!!

took about 3-4 hours to get to lancaster, but we had a Tomtom 300 sat nav!! what a beauty of a device, we made no wrong turns or mistakes what so ever!!

if you can get hold of one or even borrow one i would highly recommend it as it was a mission getting their!

if not then google maps is excellent for directions and satelite pics and route maps!!

I used a google maps route to get to somewhere a few weeks ago and it was total rubbish. For the motorway parts of the trip it just told you what signs to look for but NOT what junction to leave at (i went and wrote the junction numbers down myself after so it would be easier) then afterwards on the A roads it was anyones guess as to exactly where it was trying to tell you where to go. I ended up getting to where i was going fine, but it was alot of guess work even with the route planner. The AA ones are a million times better.

I had someone else in the car with me reading it out to me as i was driving and it will still difficult to understand and follow, if i would have been on my own it would have been a nightmare with google maps.
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Jun 06 at 23:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get on the M1 to junction 23A or 24 (around Nottingham)

take the A50 (Dual Carriageway) to the Ashbourne turnoff - follow the signs from the A50 along the A515 to Ashbourne - change onto the A52 and drive directly to Alton Towers ( bar a slight country road change from the A52; through Cauldon, Farley and to Alton Towers)

PS Alton Towers is not in Alton - it is in Farley if you are using a GPS/Sat Nav
mav

22nd Jun 06 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drove a few times from Glenrothes fife....got lost once..
Stayed in cheadle once and a wee village another time..

can't remember roasds but the drive is ok
stubbsy

23rd Jun 06 at 05:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is also sign posted really well from the m1. i come along the a50 from burton some times and at every junction there is a sign post!
Doug_SRi

23rd Jun 06 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went down with six mates using two cars and it was a long drive from aberdeen but most of it is dual carriage way and motorway. we were there for the weekend and took the cheap option of camping but there was a pub/hotel at the camping/caravan site. local roads were not the best imo
M16KE B

23rd Jun 06 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i drove down from Stirling in one go, did the park for a day then drove home again. was one of the best laughs ive had, was 14 of us in 4 cars. Local roads werent too bad, and the majority of it is motorway, dual carrigeway! its a good trip!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » has anyone driven down to alton towers? 22 database queries in 0.0121560 seconds