corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Englands Player of the tournament - Discuss

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Englands Player of the tournament - Discuss
GREG 1

User status: Offline
3rd Jul 06 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have always slagged off Hargreaves, but on Saturday I eat my words. He was awesome and he gave everything, never stopped running and always wanted to win, 1 minute he was defending then the next he was upfront with Crouch.

If Lampard and Gerrard done the same the scoreline might of been different.

Ashley Cole also played well this tournament
Ojc

3rd Jul 06 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hargreaves, he has made me eat humble pie big time, this lad showed the others what it means to play for England, he ran and ran and ran and ran and never gave up on the cause, if the rest of them gave this kind of effort we would still be in the tournament.
Marc

3rd Jul 06 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has to be Lennon for me, hes a natural with the ball. The only player that really truely stood out for me.
Cybermonkey

3rd Jul 06 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robinson made a couple of cracking saves during the portu game the other night, but Lennon, Hargreaves and Crouch all did excellent. its a shame the so called "pro's" on the team couldnt deliver the same carisma through
Mad Moe

3rd Jul 06 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm quite surpised a few people have said Lennon in spite of his lack of playing time and inability to consistantly supply a final ball. Granted the kid has bags of potential and pace to match but he's away off yet imo

[Edited on 03-07-2006 by Mad Moe]
--Dave--
Banned

3rd Jul 06 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe
quote:
Originally posted by Jizinho Silva 10
quote:
I would have said Ashley Cole was easily England's best performer in the Tournament

First 3 games in the group stages he had a mare and caused 2 goals. Unless your being sarcastic?

Which two goals did he cause? Hw covered our centre half arses on more than one occasion, made crucial tackles and interceptions and linked up well in attack, you must have been watching a different player to me mate.

Yes I'd like to know also which goals Ashley Cole caused as well

To answer the OP's question, I would have to say Lennon also, looked amazing when he came on and didn't seemed phased by the big stage at all.

It's sad when the majority of us on here are saying Lennon when he didn't play that much, realy puts into perspective how poorly the others played. I was expecting so much from Lampard and Gerrard and they just didn't deliver

Euro 2008 next
J da Silva

3rd Jul 06 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jizinho Silva 10
quote:
I would have said Ashley Cole was easily England's best performer in the Tournament

First 3 games in the group stages he had a mare and caused 2 goals. Unless your being sarcastic?

Which two goals did he cause? Hw covered our centre half arses on more than one occasion, made crucial tackles and interceptions and linked up well in attack, you must have been watching a different player to me mate.

You've not mentioned anything to me that any full back doesn't do, that's their day in day out job,first goal against Sweden he did a stupid jump instead just heading at head height, ball was nomore than 5feet off the floor, second goal against Sweden he ran out the way into the back of the net instead of standing strong making a tackle, he expected Campbell to do it. He did play well against Ecuador though, maybe he's just not upto speed after his injury.
J da Silva

3rd Jul 06 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't blame heat neither, it's a poor excuse because the other 31 teams have never mentioned it.
I just think they need to stop putting pressure on themselves, just play as they normally do and it will sonn come together for 2008.
--Dave--
Banned

4th Jul 06 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he still wasn't to blame for either goals though

Fair enough he may have been able to prevent them, but he certainly wasn't to blame.
J da Silva

4th Jul 06 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--
he still wasn't to blame for either goals though

Fair enough he may have been able to prevent them, but he certainly wasn't to blame.

Fair do's then, I'll just say he isn't back to full form just yet, that's a bit more diplomatic of me, the guys been out for a long while and to come back to international level so quick is a tough thing to do.
Hammer

4th Jul 06 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll be honest i thought ashley cole was superb in the champions league final but he gave nowhere near that level of performance in any of the world cup games imo

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Englands Player of the tournament - Discuss 23 database queries in 0.0156250 seconds