corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » People who've sold your car's you loved

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author People who've sold your car's you loved
JadeM
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Jul 06 at 22:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep it in the garage under a dust sheet until theres hardly no GSi's left

50yrs maybe
mav

5th Jul 06 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's the CS thing, you have to own a corsa...
JadeM
Premium Member

5th Jul 06 at 22:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JadeM
Miss the scooby a bit but it was getting on, costing a fotune & starting to rust. I just remind myself i'll have something better soon & that seems to put my mind at ease

I miss Mr.Scooby lots I could cry everytime I see it

Jade x

[Edited on 05-07-2006 by JadeM]
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Jul 06 at 22:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JadeM
Keep it in the garage under a dust sheet
Yeah my brother is always saying you know how people find old cars in barns that people forget about, thats going to happen to that Corsa. Someone off here will buy it and do a nut and bolt restoration and win car of the show at PVS 2045.
JadeM
Premium Member

5th Jul 06 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PVS 2045 OJC will still be there sprinting down the 1/4 mile in the buff

Thats deffo what to do though..........dry store until your old & got nothing to do, then restore it

[Edited on 05-07-2006 by JadeM]
Icy

6th Jul 06 at 01:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had the corsa 4yrs
wanted rid but the night it went i was sad n felt down all was left to show was £550!!
had it from new in the family
Pablo

6th Jul 06 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Miss the Bravo more then any other car, it was written off. Didnt respect it tho...

I miss the Punto as well tho!
Teddy

6th Jul 06 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes i really miss my Calibra Turbo

and i do miss my old Corsa GSi

Dean_W

6th Jul 06 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I miss this car.........

Was a later model 1.4 GTI. Bought it with 60,000 on the clock in 2003. Was unreal how many cars it would chew off the mark. It ran spot on, no problems whatever.

I keep looking out for another decent one, but they seem hard to come by. Would love to strip one and make it a minter.

[Edited on 06-07-2006 by Dean_W]
a_j_mair

6th Jul 06 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just sold mine on monday, dont miss it to much, dont no if it hasnt sunk in or i am just not that bothered.
I have repolaced it with a far better car so that helps alot
Ojc

6th Jul 06 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scriv
mate i know how u feel i miss my first corsa got a funny feeling when it drove off from my house that car had taken me so many places and id made some realy gd friends along the way i used to hate it at times when i had to fix somethink but it was always nice when it was sorted and polished crusing around

Oh my god that is exactly how I felt about my Corsa SXi, it had taken me and my love intrest at the time everywhere, I done 60,000 miles in that car in just under 2 years
welshdude

6th Jul 06 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I miss the attention the Corsa use to get but my new car is so much better
mwg

6th Jul 06 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never sell it to anyone that lives close to you or is a member on the same websites you go on (like this one for example).

My last Corsa I sold to some lass in Stockport which is a good 2 hours from my house so have never seen it since and not much chance of ever seeing it again. Best way!

The Corsa I have now isn't getting sold to anyone that lives locally to me or comes on this site! I dont want to see anyone else driving it or not looking after it to the same standard that I do!
welshdude

6th Jul 06 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well a sale is a sale really, as long as I sold the car I wouldn't care if it was to my next door neighbour or somebody at the other end of the country!
mwg

6th Jul 06 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends how attached you are to your car. And Corb clearly is very attached to his!
N90ATH

6th Jul 06 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol dnt think i will ever sell mine done 75k in 2 yrs :S its now on 105k lol, will end up gettin a new car but corsa will stay as a runabout more than likly
chr15barn3s

6th Jul 06 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sold my old sri to a local lad. Within 2 days he melted the whole loom and had to pay £750 to fix it all because he tried bodging a head unit into it. Thats what i sold the car for!!

I saw it the other day, now has lexus lights on Some gay 5 spoke alloys and it was filthy and sounded like a tractor
Ludacris Turbo

6th Jul 06 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo

I cried. I really did. And everyday i think about it

Andy who owns it now has poslished it up and fixed the the little niggles and it just looks super duper makes me want it more!

Saw your old car the other day and it does look the dogs danglies
jr

6th Jul 06 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lupo TDI, once it was remapped it was

the uno Turbo was fun as well
Ojc

6th Jul 06 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The day I sold it was the last time I ever saw it, never seen again

The memorys that car holds for me are immense
Patrick

6th Jul 06 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still think about my old corsa sometimes. I loved that car. Once the engine was sorted (which took long enough) it was a storm to drive. I think the fact the car was put back to standard before selling it made it easier, although I still REALLY miss that engine!
Eck
Premium Member

6th Jul 06 at 16:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
Never sell it to anyone that lives close to you or is a member on the same websites you go on (like this one for example).

My last Corsa I sold to some lass in Stockport which is a good 2 hours from my house so have never seen it since and not much chance of ever seeing it again. Best way!

The Corsa I have now isn't getting sold to anyone that lives locally to me or comes on this site! I dont want to see anyone else driving it or not looking after it to the same standard that I do!

fella with my old corsa stays 10 mins away and see it all the time. its gutting as he's stripped exhaust etc so its nothing like it was
bradfincham

6th Jul 06 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest i acheived all i ever could and wanted to with my car, so i felt it was time to go.

I do miss the hours of attention i would spend and the days in the garage etc, attention at shows but now i get to drive 300bhp caterhams daily and mess around on tracks ive moved on and dont really miss the car!
corb

6th Jul 06 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this post was aimed in your direction tbh Brad!

ta
bradfincham

7th Jul 06 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well yes i do sometimes think o id love to get the corsa out tonight, have a play and then head down to the coast etc, or southend.

But then theres the added hassle i had

the fact i got cover, if i tried to change the car or add the let i would always wish i had left it as it was etc

so i thought time to sell and move on

seing it around once, and pics from pvs etc make me miss the car, but at the same time be proud as the guy hasnt changed it, so i know my work was appreciated!!

Corb - move on get yaself a nice trackday westfield/caterham

older style caterham race cars, with xe's are still by far the best

We have one at work, 280bhp on carbs and my god its more fun than a 260 cosworth duratec csr - and they sell around 7-10k

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » People who've sold your car's you loved 22 database queries in 0.0156729 seconds