corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Looks like carrick...............

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Looks like carrick...............
Hammer

User status: Offline
31st Jul 06 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fee will reach 18.6 million if all clauses within the contract are reached. And to the people that are starting to call him names for moving, he's been offered more money to play for a bigger club with a better chance of success, you'd be an idiot to turn it down
Cosmo

31st Jul 06 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sxi04
play for a bigger club with a better chance of success, you'd be an idiot to turn it down

bigger club yes. More chance of success....if Spurs still had Carrick and Man Utd didnt then thats debatable!
Jake

31st Jul 06 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
he's been offered more money to play for a bigger club with a better chance of success, you'd be an idiot to turn it down

Tottenham are on the up, the fact he wasn't interested in helping them in the UEFA cup and next season tells me the kid's a cunt.
gianluigi

31st Jul 06 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its all down to the jewish influence on the Spurs board. In the least racisit way, all they think about is the money, paid a few million for him, and making a grand profit. Spurs will never become more than a uefa cup team if this continues.
Hammer

31st Jul 06 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
play for a bigger club with a better chance of success, you'd be an idiot to turn it down

bigger club yes. More chance of success....if Spurs still had Carrick and Man Utd didnt then thats debatable!

We'll see their respective positions at the end of the season, i must be honest though you have got to be the most biased person towards Man U i have ever known, you'd have everyone believe they're going bankrupt and heading for the championship.
Marc

31st Jul 06 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure Man United would still do a lot better than Spurs if they didn't have Carrick
Cosmo

31st Jul 06 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
We'll see their respective positions at the end of the season, i must be honest though you have got to be the most biased person towards Man U i have ever known, you'd have everyone believe they're going bankrupt and heading for the championship.

Im not being biased, Im realistic mate!

Utd have no central midfield (before Carrick) and you've sold a 25+ goal a season forward and have no replacement who will def score this many like RVN would. Spurs have a very solid young team and if Utd didnt get Carrick off them I feel they would of been at the same level, easily.

And as for the financials, thats not even opinion mate...its all their in black and white for you to see. If you choose to or not then thats your opinion.
Sooty
Banned

31st Jul 06 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Man United are not going to go bankrupt ffs
Marc

31st Jul 06 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not as simple as saying we're in debt to the tune of 660m though.

Also, we may have lost RVN, but Solksjaer (don't bring his age in to it, its not a factor!!) and Scholes are back. Rossi is getting a chance as a first team player and Smith will be back around September time. We're going to miss RVN but its not going to be as bad as you think. Good players have always left Man United and they've carried on without them. Just maybe this time we may miss that player more than before.

From what I've read hes not looking at any more players, but theres still time yet.
Cosmo

31st Jul 06 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sooty
Man United are not going to go bankrupt ffs

Ive never once said bankrupt. Ive said they could get in financial trouble which could see them either
a. sell on assets (ground and/or players)
b. sold to someone with enough to bail them out
c. go into administration as cant pay off debts, which would see them relegated (wont happen IMO but it is a possibility)

The fact is you ARE in 600mil of debt, and you ARE having to pay this back with 60mil of interest added each year which COULD ruin you if not handled properly and you dont meet targets on the pitch, BUT I never said it was def going to happen.
Hammer

31st Jul 06 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

Im not being biased, Im realistic mate!

Utd have no central midfield (before Carrick) and you've sold a 25+ goal a season forward and have no replacement who will def score this many like RVN would. Spurs have a very solid young team and if Utd didnt get Carrick off them I feel they would of been at the same level, easily.

And as for the financials, thats not even opinion mate...its all their in black and white for you to see. If you choose to or not then thats your opinion.

Im not a man united fan mate im completely unbiased. If you think Spurs are easily at the same level as United then thats your opinion i just cant see how you can think that.

As for the financial side of things, how many premiership teams have went out and spent 19 million on 1 player? They must be the only unstable company in the world that own the ability to do such a thing
Nath

31st Jul 06 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Man Utd are better than Spurs, with or without Carrick.

IMO
Cosmo

31st Jul 06 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Its not as simple as saying we're in debt to the tune of 660m though.

Also, we may have lost RVN, but Solksjaer (don't bring his age in to it, its not a factor!!) and Scholes are back. Rossi is getting a chance as a first team player and Smith will be back around September time. We're going to miss RVN but its not going to be as bad as you think. Good players have always left Man United and they've carried on without them. Just maybe this time we may miss that player more than before.

From what I've read hes not looking at any more players, but theres still time yet.

I know its more than just '660m in debt'. I have gone through the ins and outs of it a hundred times at Uni as was used a big example by one of our lecturers (he was a Utd fan and didnt agree with it).

I agree you'll get on fine without him, but you dont sell a 25+ goal a season player and not miss him. You may get 15-20 goals between those who come in to replace him, but its the 5-10 that RVN would of scored in important games that you'll miss.

IMO...selling RVN is as bad for Utd and Arsenal selling Henry and Liverpool selling Gerrard.
Sooty
Banned

31st Jul 06 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Man Utd are better than Spurs, with or without Carrick.

IMO

Marc

31st Jul 06 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair though, Ruud was a lazy striker that never scored outside the box!!! The whole attacking style of Man United may change now because of this...
Nath

31st Jul 06 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
To be fair though, Ruud was a lazy striker that never scored outside the box!!! The whole attacking style of Man United may change now because of this...

Scored 1 outside the box IIRC.
Cosmo

31st Jul 06 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
As for the financial side of things, how many premiership teams have went out and spent 19 million on 1 player? They must be the only unstable company in the world that own the ability to do such a thing

Leeds went out and spent big on players..14mil on fowler springs to mind. And now look what happened to them!

Utd are doing a very similar thing, they are spending big to try and win big and therefore earn more money to pay off the debts. If it works then it'll be great for them, if it doesnt then although it wont be as bad as Leeds they WILL get into trouble.
Cosmo

31st Jul 06 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

they all count no matter where they are scored from
Marc

31st Jul 06 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hammer

31st Jul 06 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leeds United were run by a knob end named Peter Ridsdale and managed by a trumpet named David O'Leary, that thought they could buy success and ultimately ran the club into the ground.

Manchester United are a world institution ran by a very succesful American family that have punched way above their weight in other sports through good management. They also have possibly the greatest manager of his generation at the helm. The comparison between Leeds United and Manchester United does not exist whatsoever.
Cosmo

31st Jul 06 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Leeds United were run by a knob end named Peter Ridsdale and managed by a trumpet named David O'Leary, that thought they could buy success and ultimately ran the club into the ground.

Manchester United are a world institution ran by a very succesful American family that have punched way above their weight in other sports through good management. They also have possibly the greatest manager of his generation at the helm. The comparison between Leeds United and Manchester United does not exist whatsoever.

Yes it does exist...Man Utd may be ALOT bigger compared to Leeds, but so is their debt (660mil compared to 85mil for Leeds).

Regardless of management and who owns/runs the clubs the only way for Utd to pay it off is to be successful on the pitch (winning money, attract fans, attract bigger sponsors, attract more mechandise sales, etc.) and to do this they must spend money. You know this, I know this and the Man Utd board know this too, hence why they have allowed money to be available to Fergie.

Now what happens if Utd fail to win a major trophey this year? Or next year? Do you think the banks lending the money will allow more time and more cash to be pumped into Utd...no, they will want to see a return on their investments. The business world has no compassion for Utd, or any other business for that matter and they'll pull the plug if they see no money coming back in.
Nath

31st Jul 06 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

................ De ja vu
Cosmo

31st Jul 06 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
................ De ja vu

I know, but if people would stop thinking as Utd as this untouchable company they will realise that the chances of them getting into some sort of financial trouble is high!
Nath

31st Jul 06 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok
Sooty
Banned

31st Jul 06 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo, i usually dont mind your banter, but this REALLY is getting old now, i think you need to let it go mate

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Looks like carrick............... 23 database queries in 0.0148249 seconds