corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » pics and vids from elvington airfield trackday today

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author pics and vids from elvington airfield trackday today
Ditch

User status: Offline
7th Aug 06 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
No offence, but in my 1.6 i can easily stay with my mate in his Type R so i doubt Adam would have any trouble.

Video's look good, car sound's nice

this I have to see to beleive!
Adam_B

7th Aug 06 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaoli
that video with the skyline on is ace, im not sure rob b might know,
at about 5 mins into the video the is a orange astra not sure if that was the one parked with us a pvs.

probably yes, phil camped at PVS with his V6 Astra.
Adam_B

7th Aug 06 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsaoli

7th Aug 06 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep thats the one i thought i reconised it, was sat on the camp part most of the day it was.
Daimo B

8th Aug 06 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quality videos Mr B, you need to get yourself on a proper track though. Those airfield jobbies really are poop.

Oulten Park, you will love it!!! You can really make use of the proper lines opposed to the track changing every lap because someones clipped a cone (That would really do my head in). Only problem is proper tracks cost £££... Booooo

Civic looked very understeary to me? AS you say, some terrible lines.

Watched your Ring lap the other day too

So whats the next step with the car then
Rob B

8th Aug 06 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ditch
quote:
No offence, but in my 1.6 i can easily stay with my mate in his Type R so i doubt Adam would have any trouble.

this I have to see to beleive!

He's on here Ditch, comes on now and again so i will get him to come on cause he admit's it him self , when i say easily i suppose thats an exageration, from 30 to 100, i was right behind him not gaining but he wasnt pulling away, might of been pulling me along a bit but i was still quite impressed as was he .
jr

8th Aug 06 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Robs your car must me magic, as my 1.6 was more powerfull and weighed less and CTR's in a stright line pulled away
Rob B

8th Aug 06 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:

Robs your car must me magic, as my 1.6 was more powerfull and weighed less and CTR's in a stright line pulled away

Not going to ruin a thread arguing about it, im not one to lie and i know what happened as does he.. as i said, ill get him to come on in a bit after work if know one believe's me, or ill ask him for a play up the duel tonight and ill get a mate to video it

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/5040/dscn1029.jpg

Was that one pictured with me.
Ditch

8th Aug 06 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:

thank gawd for an honest answer....

not saying your lying Rob B but you gotta understand a car with probably over 170bhp / tonne is going to beat your 130bhp / tonne without many troubles at all unless its not trying.

plus I dont care what anyone says about the civic being gutless, they still have a VERY useable powerband
Rob B

8th Aug 06 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just spoke to him he say's he worked it out as 156bhp per tonne not 170 and mine is about 135 so only 20 bhp in it, and i was right on the dbilas when i booted it so that maybe it if he was slightly out of Vtec, were gonna do it again tonight and get some video's to show the differrence .
Rob B

8th Aug 06 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
just to show im not a complete tool on track, couple of tidy laps here. Chasing faster cars (the caterham) is always lots of fun

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-6504865668886933012

Very good, when your not pratting around
Daimo B

8th Aug 06 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well my 2.0 is slower than a Type R in a straight line just about.

And my car was faster than JR's as well although similar up to 70 odd.

And Donnas 161bhp/117lb ft 1.6 was slightly slower than mine up till 60-70 odd when i'd start to pull... But thats a heavy car..

Im saying nothing else
Marc

8th Aug 06 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
ill get him to come on in a bit after work if know one believe's me,

You reckon he will be up for telling 1000's of people on a website that he can't drive?
jr

8th Aug 06 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Well my 2.0 is slower than a Type R in a straight line just about.

And my car was faster than JR's as well although similar up to 70 odd.

And Donnas 161bhp/117lb ft 1.6 was slightly slower than mine up till 60-70 odd when i'd start to pull... But thats a heavy car..

Im saying nothing else

Point 2 was never technically proven
jr

8th Aug 06 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Just spoke to him he say's he worked it out as 156bhp per tonne not 170 and mine is about 135 so only 20 bhp in it, and i was right on the dbilas when i booted it so that maybe it if he was slightly out of Vtec, were gonna do it again tonight and get some video's to show the differrence .

Mines works out to be 180-185bhp per tonne, but it was still faster in a stright line
corsaoli

8th Aug 06 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be fair to rob on the way up to pvs when a saxo went past us a god know what speed and rob chased him i was very supprised to see it pull so well when we were already going about 75mph, i did seem very quick for 130ish bhp.

also i went out in my mates type r last night and i have to say i wasnt greatly impressed, his mg zr 160 fell alot quicker than it.
Rob B

8th Aug 06 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can all say what you like i really dont care, but i'm not going to lie about it I know what i saw and so does he, youd probably laugh at the time if i told you there was integra type R infront which is the whole reason we went up the by pass in the first place, but then id be lying again....
jr

8th Aug 06 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IM not saying your lying

im just genrally intrested in how/why a heavier less powerfull car kept up with a CTR

but mine beeing more powerfull and lighter couldnt
Rob B

8th Aug 06 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well ive never had my car rolling roaded since ive had it but it was 125 bhp in the previous car without a few mod's that i have added.

I agree i was surprised, he has quite a bit of ICE, which may make it slightly heavier but surely not by that much, were going to do a video tonight side by side, same speed about 45 - 100mph, and see what happen's i predict it will pull about a car length on me but we shall see...

I'm not trying to cause an arguement by posting this just stating information from my experience's, ive also drove his CTR and another on loads of occasion and it doesnt feel much quicker until about 90 mph when mine slows down his keeps going.
Cybermonkey

8th Aug 06 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Quality videos Mr B, you need to get yourself on a proper track though. Those airfield jobbies really are poop.

i believe Adam has been to the nurb
Daimo B

8th Aug 06 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ICE REALLY kills power.

Thats why i got rid of my old setup.. £3k worth, x2 15" subs, comps all round, amps, sound deadening etc.. 170+kg (we weighed it)... Lee put the 2.0 in and it was so slow, i was gutted. So i stripped the ICE and sold it and dam it picked up so much better.

NA engines + weight = no performance.

Turbo, yeah, loads of power and torque to pull the weight, but with NA engines, you need it as light as possible.

Adam, we've got a track day on the 26th at Snetterton if you fancy coming along. May need to check as its a VX220 and VXR only session, but if you fancy it i may be able to have words...

Snetterton - £100 - 6-8 20 minute sessions!!!!
Daimo B

8th Aug 06 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey

i believe Adam has been to the nurb

Read that whole reply that you've quoted from..........

Nurburg is a proper track, but needs a lot of time, and a chance to get a free track to really improve once you've got to your basic limit.

Its an experience, not really a track DAY session.
Cybermonkey

8th Aug 06 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

Read that whole reply that you've quoted from..........

oops sorry mate

adam_b's nurb video is fucking cool, and does bloody well in a 10 year old glorified shopping cart!
Ditch

8th Aug 06 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A well driven CTR is quicker in a straight line than a redtop corsa with all its trim... fact... end of!!
Adam_B

8th Aug 06 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

Oulten Park, you will love it!!! You can really make use of the proper lines opposed to the track changing every lap because someones clipped a cone (That would really do my head in). Only problem is proper tracks cost £££... Booooo

Civic looked very understeary to me? AS you say, some terrible lines.

Watched your Ring lap the other day too

So whats the next step with the car then

to an extent i agree about airfields/proper tracks. but i would never drive as hard as i do at elvington on a proper track, its just to risky so in a way an airfield can be more fun than a proper track as you can really experiment with the car. Got Oulton Park for £109

next for the car is some 15s and bitchin track tyres, problem is im limited to what will go over the front brakes. Also a set of throttle bodies should land sometime next week and i will bolt them on over winter with a bit of a re-build and if funds allow a nice diff.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » pics and vids from elvington airfield trackday today 22 database queries in 0.0138750 seconds