corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just Had The P1 Remapped ( Now With Rolling Road Graph )

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just Had The P1 Remapped ( Now With Rolling Road Graph )
jr

User status: Offline
7th Nov 06 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant see how you can get a pwoer figure from a live mapping session
Steve
Premium Member

7th Nov 06 at 09:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shrek
if it made that sorta horse power, then so what, its not impossible and it is perfectly possible to map a car when on the road and even more possible concidering he was using a "test track!!!" so he could happily drive at 6500rpm all day long! this car is easily running this sorta power and if any of the skeptics went out in it, trust me its smiles for miles

some people are just lucky when it comes to engine power and some arent

good figures ice

people who have no idea should keep quiet IMO

yes im sure you could tell its power from "going out in it"

[Edited on 07-11-2006 by Steve]
Jambo

7th Nov 06 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shrek has far more idea than you do steve.

In reference to him going out in it, your talking the before and after effect. Not a science but a noteable difference

Lets not turn this into a bitching thread please gentlemen
Steve
Premium Member

7th Nov 06 at 10:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Shrek has far more idea than you do steve.

very doubtful based on his comments jambo

if you think taking a power reading over odb is accurate then more fool you

alli Ronald

7th Nov 06 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very nice car Iceman - regardless of the power figures.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Nov 06 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i agree lovely cars ,always liked them
TNM

7th Nov 06 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave A you make me laugh. The guy who owns and runs Tracktive has a massive reputation from mapping WRC cars and knows his stuff. He maps on the road.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Nov 06 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so he gets power readings from odb??

im sorry TNM but noone who knows there stuff knows ODB power calculations are nowhere near correct

he may have the ability to map on the fly, my argument is that hes been given a power reading that just been calculated using a laptop over ODB which cannot in any way shape or form be close to being accurate

Teddy

7th Nov 06 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With all due respect, personally speaking i think power figures are a pile of tosh anyway.

Why do you need to know - its pub ammo thats all it is!

As long as the vehicle in question performs well on the road, and the SET UP is right - surely thats what matters!

Regardless of what method you use to obtain the "power figure" some are "accurate" and some are not.

People have favoured places to visit, and prefered methods, so no method will ever be TOTALLY accurate.

Anyway to the point in hand - Iceman glad its performing well. Is it boosting ok? Friend of mine had his 22b played with and the mapper had real problems from stopping the boost spiking.

[Edited on 07-11-2006 by Teddy]

[Edited on 07-11-2006 by Teddy]
Steve
Premium Member

7th Nov 06 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i agree, what surprises though, is if this guy is such an expert why he gave him the power reading then was impressed it was so high, I wouldve said heeres a reading, it may be a little high due to the way we have had to obtain it etc..

..or not even given a reading at all.

by doing what he did, it makes people come on places like forums like this and create discussions like this

Teddy

7th Nov 06 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would always regard a mapping session as actually setting the car up - I wouldnt expect a power figure tbh.

But if thats what he has gave, thats what he gave!!!
Steve
Premium Member

7th Nov 06 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep basically my thoughts
Ditch

7th Nov 06 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

350bhp and the cat is still in place
Steve
Premium Member

7th Nov 06 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

woahhhhhhhhhh here we go again
Ditch

7th Nov 06 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

7th Nov 06 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TNM
Dave A you make me laugh. The guy who owns and runs Tracktive has a massive reputation from mapping WRC cars and knows his stuff. He maps on the road.

lots of people map on the road, but only as a final check over after the map has been written and checked on the rollers. unless you have a test track, how do you map the load site at 7800 rpm? do you blast down the road holding silly revs? no you dont. you do that on the rollers where it is safe to do so.

the road runs are usually a final check over, small alterations can be made on the road but fully mapped? no way. this is why I have just spent £30k+ on a proper RR set-up.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Nov 06 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave theres a few of us on here singing off the same hymn sheet.

some people will just believe whatever they are told.

Its only when you experience first hand how dodgy most places are (not saying this guy was dodgy at all just in general) when you realise the majority of "power" readings might aswell be spam, especially if its ones claiming to be done over odb

Marc

7th Nov 06 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Teddy
As long as the vehicle in question performs well on the road, and the SET UP is right - surely thats what matters!

I agree.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Nov 06 at 11:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Moral of the story, you might have an excellent map.

you do have a nice car. But do not accept that power reading as being correct
psycho sport

7th Nov 06 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a friend of mine has had his RS4 mapped on the road on his way down to spa, then the finishing touches done on the spa circuit itself. That wasnt making the power it was supposed to due to turbo problems, 570bhp instead of 620bhp. I think the comments about Set up as supposed to power figures etc etc is a fair comment, a mapping session/remap should be seen as making everything run smoothly together as supposed to a power gain!
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

7th Nov 06 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as I have said before, a power figure means nothing. what matters is the graph. form a graph you can see if an engine is running well or not, this cant be shown by a power figure.

a power figure is only good for 2 things, to compare with other cars on the day (on a shootout) and for testing mods back to back. a good mapper wont look at the power figure in most cases, they will look at air/fuel, ignition timing and cam timing. the BHP figure is a by-product of these things.
iceman

7th Nov 06 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this has gone way to far as per usual on corsa sport..

i agree i wasnt expecting figures that high maybe around the 310 mark as i explained in my 1st post.

i also agree power figures mean nothing its how the car drives on the road that counts.

Steve
Premium Member

7th Nov 06 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by iceman

i agree i wasnt expecting figures that high maybe around the 310 mark as i explained in my 1st post.

i also agree power figures mean nothing its how the car drives on the road that counts.

kool you seem to have the idea
Stu

7th Nov 06 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I prefer "seat of the pants" and the amount of arse twitch to horsepower!

Good stuff Stu!!!! I bet its a different car innit!!!???

I personally think mapping a car is better on the road. You just cant simulate real world conditions on a rolling road and the car cant be loaded up correctly. Dont get me wrong, both methods have their pro's and con's and a lot is down to personal preference but for me its def real world mapping.
jr

7th Nov 06 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by iceman

all that matters

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just Had The P1 Remapped ( Now With Rolling Road Graph ) 22 database queries in 0.0149021 seconds