corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » polonium 210 at the emirates

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author polonium 210 at the emirates
Ojc

User status: Offline
6th Dec 06 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another story put into the public domain to scare people, when is this going to end? its getting tedious.
topshot_2k
Banned

6th Dec 06 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it pointless. Polonium is ONLY dangerous if Inhaled/Ingested or it gets into skin through cuts etc.

It cannot kill through touching it regardless of size.
Ojc

6th Dec 06 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People are stupid though topshot, they will now go around telling their friends that the Russians are evil and want to kill us all, mass panic, its boring and tedious now, we have a story like this at least once a fortnight.
Jamie Walby

6th Dec 06 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with OJC.

Having said that the Russians have always been a bit funny.

They need to produce a Call of Duty: Crimean War so I can go shoot some Russians. Ive killed enough Germans for the time beings
topshot_2k
Banned

6th Dec 06 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
People are stupid though topshot, they will now go around telling their friends that the Russians are evil and want to kill us all, mass panic, its boring and tedious now, we have a story like this at least once a fortnight.

i agree thats why i dont even bother reading/listening to the stupid news people that blow it all out of proportion. like anthrax. They blew it way out considering that traces can also be easily found naturally
Ojc

6th Dec 06 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bird flu for example millions will die, nobody has died in the WORLD from it yet

Just complete and utter bollocks, BBC is the worst for this.
Jamie Walby

6th Dec 06 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is BBC run by the Conservatives?
CorsAsh

6th Dec 06 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I remember my a level nuclear physics module, alpha radiation is not very penetrating, but is easily absorbed by materials which is why it's usually fatal if ingested.

Gamma radiation is high penetrating, but not easily absorbed, there's basically nothing to stop this but it's such a light particle that it's practically just energy and passes straight through with minimal ionisation.

Beta is somewhere in the middle, more penetrating than alpha particles but not as easily absorbed and more ionising than gamma radiation but not as penetrating.

[Edited on 06-12-2006 by CorsAsh]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » polonium 210 at the emirates 22 database queries in 0.0111890 seconds