corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » pic of my 161bhp graph

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author pic of my 161bhp graph
K3 VMU

User status: Offline
26th Dec 06 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

F**K nos, my car wont be gettin put ther,although the nova has been RR there. its all upto your own opinions on the place,and the majority of comments i hear about that place is bad.
L30 SCT

26th Dec 06 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because the most of the people that put there car there get it rolling roaded and arent happy that they didnt make 1 million bhp from there k&n filter on there mums mk3 fiesta.
Pop

26th Dec 06 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dave - are you able to map on a standard ecu?
K3 VMU

26th Dec 06 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by L30 SCT
because the most of the people that put there car there get it rolling roaded and arent happy that they didnt make 1 million bhp from there k&n filter on there mums mk3 fiesta.

no i know of proper cars,gettin shockin readings,then within a week the readings are at ecosse.

as i said its all up to your own opinion/view of the place

well to start with my mate works there thats bad enough
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

26th Dec 06 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

K3 VMU:

you havnt used them and you obviously dont have the background knowledge of what makes a good tuning / RR company. chances are that your comments have damaged the reputation of what I KNOW is a very good company.

you have slated them for no reason other than to make people think you are big and clever and you know something they dont. probably the best thing to do is to change what you posted about them if you dont know 100% that they are true

if they are as bad as you claim they will dig their own grave as a company, they dont need the help of keyboard warriors spreding roumours to do it.
L30 SCT

26th Dec 06 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
K3 VMU:

you havnt used them and you obviously dont have the background knowledge of what makes a good tuning / RR company. chances are that your comments have damaged the reputation of what I KNOW is a very good company.

you have slated them for no reason other than to make people think you are big and clever and you know something they dont. probably the best thing to do is to change what you posted about them if you dont know 100% that they are true

if they are as bad as you claim they will dig their own grave as a company, they dont need the help of keyboard warriors spreding roumours to do it.

well said

also if russel was so shit at tuning cars and setting up rolling road then why did he have to come down to dastek in fife(main on in the uk) to sort there rolling road cos they didnt no what to do.
K3 VMU

26th Dec 06 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u speak pish bud

not the fact that i m a key board hardman, and i am sayin that its everyones own opinion, but i could bet if u came up here and asked the majority of people , they would not put their car ther.

*awaits rant*
L30 SCT

26th Dec 06 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you got your torqe figures dave.

am not saying that my car is faster than your cos i no 1. that you no a heap more than me and 2. i dont have tb's
Jules S
Premium Member

26th Dec 06 at 23:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Listen to Dave here....

Headline BHP is tosh...i'm far more interested about torque where it matters
Dave A

26th Dec 06 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what I am saying is that if they are so bad, keep clear of them and they will probably go bust themselfes.

fact is they arent that bad and they have a decent dyno. Yes it over reads figures but 99% of inertia dyons will due to the nature of them and the fact they use coastdown to calculate the figures.

if people want accurate figures the only way to do it is to put the car on a proper chassis dynamometer and use the power at wheels figure. its only the japs and americans that still use fly figures (as the fly figure is higher and sounds better) and car manufacturers as they test the engines when they are out of the car.
K3 VMU

27th Dec 06 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules S
Listen to Dave here....

Headline BHP is tosh...i'm far more interested about torque where it matters

feeling of torque is ace, may have plenty brake,but torque makes the difference
K3 VMU

27th Dec 06 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
what I am saying is that if they are so bad, keep clear of them and they will probably go bust themselfes.

fact is they arent that bad and they have a decent dyno. Yes it over reads figures but 99% of inertia dyons will due to the nature of them and the fact they use coastdown to calculate the figures.

if people want accurate figures the only way to do it is to put the car on a proper chassis dynamometer and use the power at wheels figure. its only the japs and americans that still use fly figures (as the fly figure is higher and sounds better) and car manufacturers as they test the engines when they are out of the car.

i do stay clear of them,so dont worry,and i understand that rolling roads arent accurate,but readings that are way off????? anyway, WATCH OUT AM AN INTERNET HARDMAN,AND I M COMIN TO GET YA
Dave A

27th Dec 06 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

neither is usefull without the other.

normal road car and pulling caravans: needs torque

fast, light and racy car: needs high revs and bhp

wether a car needs more torque or bhp is down to how heavy it is and what its used for.
Dave A

27th Dec 06 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K3 VMU
WATCH OUT AM AN INTERNET HARDMAN,AND I M COMIN TO GET YA

that made me chuckle
L30 SCT

27th Dec 06 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you got your torque figures dave.

oh yeah and i think i will take that induction kit if you have one in stalk
Jules S
Premium Member

27th Dec 06 at 00:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

wether a car needs more torque or bhp is down to how heavy it is and what its used for.

I disagree there mate.

Lots of torque is never a bad thing...lots of BHP in a powerband is quite frankly a pain in the arse on the road
Dave A

27th Dec 06 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry leo, you did ask 3 times

3000 89
4000 99
5000 108
6000 116
7000 124
7500 124
7730 120

so it makes peak torque very high up the revs, thats how it was mapped, loves being revved from 4k upwards.
L30 SCT

27th Dec 06 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely if your going for top speed then bhp is what you want. if your wanting to getting there fast then torque is what you want/
Dave A

27th Dec 06 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules S
quote:

I disagree there mate.

Lots of torque is never a bad thing...lots of BHP in a powerband is quite frankly a pain in the arse on the road

now I have read what I wrote it might have come out wrong. yes, loads of torque is never a bad thing, quite the opposite infact. but it isnt 'needed' as much in a small light car. and I prefer small light cars with small light engines than small cars with big engines. (if its a hatchback shopping trolley, a vx220 is a differnt matter completely)
L30 SCT

27th Dec 06 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines is

2000 101.4
2500 80.4
3000 118
3500 115.8
4000 115.4
4500 111.7
5000 119.0
5500 119.7
6000 125.4
6500 122.1
7000 121.5
L30 SCT

27th Dec 06 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does that mean mine cant be much slower than yours if were both getting close bhp and torque figures?

if its not then can you bore yourself by explaining to a dumbass like myself why? just want to learn more about why tb's are better.
Jules S
Premium Member

27th Dec 06 at 00:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive taken the other post into context whilst posting this...my post maybe overtaken by others though....

High rev/high bhp?

Great if you are an SLJ...however as Dave said, its down to the car in question......if its a 'peaky' engine you are going to need six gears at least to make it worth while....and a long run up ...and a very quick gear change arm

I prefer longer gearing and more torque myself
Dave A

27th Dec 06 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

similar figures, different RR on a different day.

when my new rollers arrive you are welcome to pop down and we will have a day of tinkering and overlaying graphs to see how they perform differently

plus my new dyno has a 'shootout' feature which means that all settings are locked down and NOTHING can make a difference to the figures as they are not programmable by the user. even if the ambient temps change by a few degrees between the 2 cars running it will calibrate itself so that it wont show in the figures.
L30 SCT

27th Dec 06 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well up for that. will get in touch and hopefully get something sorted out for early next year.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » pic of my 161bhp graph 22 database queries in 0.0144711 seconds